Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Can someone who has seen the interview on GMA tell us when in the program it occurs?

I'm on the West Coast and am watching the first hour of GMA right now and they haven't even had an ad for the interview yet.

A friend just sent me this message and asked me what the heck it means. She read it somewhere on line.

She might have ended up with Ed at the end of the finale, but be prepared to watch Jillian Harris accept Reid Rosenthalís proposal of marriage when it is all said and done.

What the heck is that about?
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3616754;
    Can someone who has seen the interview on GMA tell us when in the program it occurs?

I'm on the West Coast and am watching the first hour of GMA right now and they haven't even had an ad for the interview yet.
    It is posted at JU.

Quote Originally Posted by snowglo;3616633;
    So now my only question is how does she make "women proud"? Is it when she tells one guy she is sending him home for not "opening up", then dumps him when he does? ...
    If you are speaking about Reid here, he did not "open up" to Jillian and that was indeed why she sent him home. Jillian explained during one interview that dating on this show is a very accelerated version of dating in the "real world". Both Jillian and the men she dated on the show needed to be able to let their romantic feelings grow, and express their growing feelings, much faster and much more dramatically than they would in a normal dating situation. Reid could not do that. I think we saw Jillian try time and time again to draw Reid out during their last date - but she was not successful. While I agree with all of the Reid lovers here that he did appear to be a wonderful guy, and that he did appear to be a good match for Jillian, he was not able to "throw caution to the wind", so to speak, and that is what he needed to do to move forward with Jillian.

Oh well, bye. Or, when she sends home another for having a "girlfriend" he doesn't really have.
    I believe that Wes was sent home for many reasons. Certainly the girlfriend thing was one of them. Please remember that Jillian DID NOT have all of the information that we have - she made her decision to send Wes home based on what she learned of him during the filming. If you were in that situation with Wes, wouldn't you add up Tanner's comments, Jake's confession, Wes' lack of affection during their date, and then Wes' slip over dinner ("my girlfriend, uh, I mean, my ex-girlfriend") and draw the same conclusion?

Or, when ta-da....chooses the sloppy, finger pointing in your face, drunk that really had 1 or 2 girlfriends during the show AND lied about it, at least initially!
    I believe a drunk is a person who is intoxicated ALL of the time. We saw Ed drunk ONCE. I doubt that he was the only bachelor who had a few too many during the filming. Even Jillian appeared to be a little tipsy a couple of times.

Also,the accusation that Ed had a girlfriend during the taping is, as far as I know, an unconfirmed rumor - which I believe was circulated by a poster who has been shown to be not quite so reliable.

She certainly doesn't speak for me, I would not be so proud of making those choices, just saying
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I thought Jillian conducted herself very well during the entire show. She had fun with the process, was considerate of all of the men's feelings (per the MTA they all seemed to respect and like Jillian), and she appeared to be using both her head and her heart as she searched for her F1. I would imagine that it is extremely difficult to do a show like this and come away with both your dignity and love, but I believe that Jillian did both.

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3616767;
    A friend just sent me this message and asked me what the heck it means. She read it somewhere on line.

She might have ended up with Ed at the end of the finale, but be prepared to watch Jillian Harris accept Reid Rosenthalís proposal of marriage when it is all said and done.

What the heck is that about?
    It was posted on a Blog. It is posted in the Media Thread. I don't buy it for 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3616607;
    well, if nothing else convinced me, the VH1DOL predictor has. that's VH1's Daisy of Love show. i swear they are working from the exact same script
    1) a few episodes in, she offers the guy she's really into a rose/pass, but he says he has to leave.
    2) a contestant is ratted on to the star for having a girlfriend at home
    3) the guy who left is brought back to be a member of F4
    4) said guy confessed to hooking up with at least one girl while away from the show
    5) the guy who wrote her a song on his guitar is sent home at F4
    6) F3 go to Maui
    7) the guy sent home at F3 was rejected because he has a wall up
    8) F2 guy is the good-looking guy with amazing abs
    9) F1 is the guy who left and came back

seriously, i'm having deja vu, it's like they were the same show, only one involved slightly less clothing and slightly more bleeping
    In the Buzzworthy blogtalk interview CH did speak about how some of the "knockoff" shows are now manned by some of TB ex producers. No doubt there is still some talking going on between the groups and laziness made them use the same storyboard for both shows.

Here is a timely comparison.

The Bach/ette franchise is much like the Tour de France.

It is a competition/commercial, but the riders in The Tour literally wear their sponsors on their sleeves. In TB it takes some sleuthing to figure out just what the commercial message might be, Wes being the exception.

No one can know who the winner of The Tour can be based on the prior statistics, because there are too many opportunities for failure: equipment, health, stamina, sabotage. Each stage has a winner who becomes the man to beat. The cumulative score allows for minor set -backs to be redeemed.

No one can know at the start of filming who F1 will be, but we are not watching in real time. We all know that there is a mystery element beyond the statistics and what we pick up from the edited version we see. The talented sleuthers deal with the facts and leave there emotions out of it. We can't thank them enough because WE fall in love and our judgment is compromised.

Here we are at the final stage and Ed is F1, Kiptyn is F2 and Reid is F3(although he poses an inquiry about his elimination).

At the award ceremony:

1. Kiptyn gets the grand prize.....he leaves with his integrity intact.
    2. Reid gets to become The Bachelor.......at what personal price?
    3. Ed gets the girl. (What he wants with another girl, I'll never know!)

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sara23;3607453;
    I don't think she picks Kip, because she said of the first things she is looking for in a mate is great sense of humor, and if my recollections serves me right he doesn't have much. Also she said she doesn't mind if the guy she chooses is soft in the middle and that isn't nine-pack Kip. But maybe she threw away her list - he is a catch.
    Oh I think Kip has a great sense of humour. The quirky comments he makes and looks good while doing it. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you are speaking about Reid here, he did not "open up" to Jillian and that was indeed why she sent him home. Jillian explained during one interview that dating on this show is a very accelerated version of dating in the "real world". Both Jillian and the men she dated on the show needed to be able to let their romantic feelings grow, and express their growing feelings, much faster and much more dramatically than they would in a normal dating situation. Reid could not do that. I think we saw Jillian try time and time again to draw Reid out during their last date - but she was not successful. While I agree with all of the Reid lovers here that he did appear to be a wonderful guy, and that he did appear to be a good match for Jillian, he was not able to "throw caution to the wind", so to speak, and that is what he needed to do to move forward with Jillian.
    If we are to believe the spoilers posted here, Reid comes back at FRC and "Opens Up". She rejects him. Obviously, she was not being honest with him when she send him home F3 telling him that it was because he could not commit. She should just have said she wanted the other two more.

I believe that Wes was sent home for many reasons. Certainly the girlfriend thing was one of them. Please remember that Jillian DID NOT have all of the information that we have - she made her decision to send Wes home based on what she learned of him during the filming. If you were in that situation with Wes, wouldn't you add up Tanner's comments, Jake's confession, Wes' lack of affection during their date, and then Wes' slip over dinner ("my girlfriend, uh, I mean, my ex-girlfriend") and draw the same conclusion
    Well in every interview including JK she affirms that Wes had a girlfriend as fact, even though its been months later and by now she must know that was a farce of an edit on Wes in regards to the girlfriend.

[I believe a drunk is a person who is intoxicated ALL of the time. We saw Ed drunk ONCE. I doubt that he was the only bachelor who had a few too many during the filming. Even Jillian appeared to be a little tipsy a couple of times.
    Again, if we are to believe the spoilers posted here by respected posters, and I do, Ed likes the drinky Pooh a bit too much. Seen enough of him tipsy to make you go hum? and the bags under his 30 year old eyes seal the deal for me.

[Also,the accusation that Ed had a girlfriend during the taping is, as far as I know, an unconfirmed rumor - which I believe was circulated by a poster who has been shown to be not quite so reliable.
    Again, it has been posted here that Ed sort of comes clean about ex-girlfriends at the end. This to me validates the info posted by respected posters here such as sdl and cheeky.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I thought Jillian conducted herself very well during the entire show. She had fun with the process, was considerate of all of the men's feelings (per the MTA they all seemed to respect and like Jillian), and she appeared to be using both her head and her heart as she searched for her F1. I would imagine that it is extremely difficult to do a show like this and come away with both your dignity and love, but I believe that Jillian did both.
    We'll see how this pans out.
    Last edited by snowglo; 07-27-2009 at 11:46 AM.

FORT Newbie

Newest rumor in the on going rumor mill. There were 2 ATFR taped,, one in Hawaii and one in L.A. that was fake to throw everyone off. Ok what will the next one be?