Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3616601;
    I'm eager to hear how she responds to him when he gives her exactly what she was trying to drag out of him all along. I'll have my Pepto handy. Should be quite a performance.

Gosh, how much MORE romantic to say "Yes - it was you all along!" when Reid proposes..... MF just doesn't get it.... and likely never will....

So we get to see her all broken up over Reid - playacting or real, who knows? - and then dry her eyes and go say Yes to Ed. Those scriptwriters will have to have done work worthy of an Emmy to get people on board with that. JMHO.

In reference to the bolded part....this happens in every season. Some more emotional than others..(ie.Jason seasons..."The Mesnick") if Jillian then goes to choose her F1 and it is Ed....than that is her choice, regardless of whether we agree or not. That is why I chose this season and jasons season to not pick a favorite. It makes it much easier to look at the whole thing objectively.

So now my only question is how does she make "women proud"? Is it when she tells one guy she is sending him home for not "opening up", then dumps him when he does? Oh well, bye. Or, when she sends home another for having a "girlfriend" he doesn't really have. Or, when ta-da....chooses the sloppy, finger pointing in your face, drunk that really had 1 or 2 girlfriends during the show AND lied about it, at least initially! She certainly doesn't speak for me, I would not be so proud of making those choices, just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3616607;
    well, if nothing else convinced me, the VH1DOL predictor has. that's VH1's Daisy of Love show. i swear they are working from the exact same script
    1) a few episodes in, she offers the guy she's really into a rose/pass, but he says he has to leave.
    2) a contestant is ratted on to the star for having a girlfriend at home
    3) the guy who left is brought back to be a member of F4
    4) said guy confessed to hooking up with at least one girl while away from the show
    5) the guy who wrote her a song on his guitar is sent home at F4
    6) F3 go to Maui
    7) the guy sent home at F3 was rejected because he has a wall up
    8) F2 guy is the good-looking guy with amazing abs
    9) F1 is the guy who left and came back

seriously, i'm having deja vu, it's like they were the same show, only one involved slightly less clothing and slightly more bleeping
    I was thinking perhaps that show saw The Bachelorette's storyboard?

FORT Fogey

SDL and Cupcakes and anyone else who gave us the inside info on who Jillian chooses--

My thanks for giving us that info and thereby giving us a much calmer less stressful weekend than we would have had if we were still wondering who she chose.

I may not be comfortable with that info but I am very glad to have it.

Thanks so much for all your work!

Just saw Jill interviewed by Melissa Rycroft on GMA ABC...Awww. its was sweet.

You can tell in Jillian's eyes she is excited and ready to be with her man and the one we love here at the FORT,, Ed!

So sweet, I think this season has been my favorite. They are both lucky to have found each other.

Headed off to the grocery store for the party fixins..
    I had a dream how to make a cherry cheesecake....sweeeet!
    thatsaaalotaawords...

auburnbulldog

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3615766;
    If Jillian is extremily happy, then we should all be happy for her. I was away all weekend, and have been disappointed to read the posts as of late. Jillian has represented herself in a manner which makes me proud for her and proud that she is Canadian. She is a smart young lady that has done very well for herself. If she has in fact chosen Ed, that is her decision, not the fans decision not a friends decision or anyone else's. She has stated so many times she can't wait to share the news with everyone because she is happy with her choices. Its unfortunate that "everyone" doesn't care.

I believe the interaction between Jillian and Ed has been overlooked by fans waiting and waiting, for the love story between Reid and Jillian, Reid was the fav going into this season. Prior to the first epi, he was the "choosen" one. This has now caused a flury of insults, rude comments and poor choice of words towards Jillian. Ed didn't have a chance from the get go.

There are Ed fans out there, alot of them, and unfortunately they are not or appear not welcome on this board by many posters. They can post jokes, rude comments, make fun of etc towards the not so fav, while the Ed fans cannot even consider making any sort of joke towards Reid or Kip.

A well respected board that is famous for fairness, providing great inside information, and excellent sleuthers, where the members should be thankful there are mods' etc that take the time to keep this place in order.

I thoroughly enjoy FORT. I would like to take this opportunity to thank, Bloomers, Cupcakes, Capegal, I'msotired, KashatheDiva, and so many more for teaching me so much about sleuthing, for providing s/caps, and inside information.

I will continue to learn from their experience, enjoy their posts, and guidance and look forward to the next season.

Not only do I wish Jillian and Ed a future of love, and happiness, I hope they surround themselves with as many positive people as possible. Negativity brings out the worst in people which is so evident the last few days. If it doesn't work out, it was her choice. Its not like they will be the first bach'ette couple that doesn't last.

Looking forward to the new Bachelor season!

Thanks, GA. I, too, lurked here for years and then just last week decided to hop over to this wonderful board. Bad timing on my part. I am an Ed fan and that's just about when the Ed news leaked and it felt hostile for a while. But I understand that it's part of the journey - the emotional attachment we feel for the story we think we saw. I have been wrong so many times and felt so let down. I have been watching every season. I used to be pretty good at picking the chosen. But now with tricks up MF's sleeves, it has been hard these past few seasons. So, now I am about 8 for 18. Early on, I was about 6 out of 8. See how times have changed?

So, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. The editing has become craftier and it's harder for us to see through smoked filled lens the purpose of what the original show was about...or at least what WE thought it was about.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by snowglo;3616633;
    So now my only question is how does she make "women proud"? Is it when she tells one guy she is sending him home for not "opening up", then dumps him when he does? Oh well, bye. Or, when she sends home another for having a "girlfriend" he doesn't really have. Or, when ta-da....chooses the sloppy, finger pointing in your face, drunk that really had 1 or 2 girlfriends during the show AND lied about it, at least initially! She certainly doesn't speak for me, I would not be so proud of making those choices, just saying...
    I'm still hung up on that particular comment also. I wouldn't be if we hadn't been shown that aspect of Ed in all those clips. If she was my sister/daughter I'd be cringing, not proud of her choice...based on his edit of course.

FORT Regular

Ok.....I'm "this" close to giving up.....and accept Ed as the "winner".
    But this is Mike Fleiss we're talking about.....
    I just don't see him letting the cat "out" of the bag so easily after so much work went into keeping it "in" the bag all season.
    There's going to be something surprising, for lack of a better word, either at the FRC or at ATFR.
    Right now, I'm going from being soooooooooooo happy Reid got away, if Ed is the kind of man she wants, to sooooooooooooooooo wishing she could be the girl she seemed to be when she was with Reid ....and therefore, have chosen him.
    But the one thing I can't give up on is that there is more to this than we know....and some of it will be shown to us either tonight or tomorrow night.
    It's not over yet........
    After last year's finale"schocker', Fleiss has to do better if he wants to keep the ratings going......something has to be "brillant"......

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by auburnbulldog;3616665;
    Thanks, GA. I, too, lurked here for years and then just last week decided to hop over to this wonderful board. Bad timing on my part. I am an Ed fan and that's just about when the Ed news leaked and it felt hostile for a while. But I understand that it's part of the journey - the emotional attachment we feel for the story we think we saw. I have been wrong so many times and felt so let down. I have been watching every season. I used to be pretty good at picking the chosen. But now with tricks up MF's sleeves, it has been hard these past few seasons. So, now I am about 8 for 18. Early on, I was about 6 out of 8. See how times have changed?

So, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. The editing has become craftier and it's harder for us to see through smoked filled lens the purpose of what the original show was about...or at least what WE thought it was about.
    I also take the editing to task, more than the principals. It irritates me that they have shown the F1 in the manner they did. What was the point? Unless of course sdl was right and the season was spiraling down hill quickly and they had to salvage it. I also agree with those who have suggested that the franchise is trying to stay afloat and one way to do that is to create drama that was never there to begin with. With every season it has become easier to disengage (primarily because of the edit), make the odd snarky comment and watch for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by reidlove;3616650;
    Speak for yourself..
    I do love Ed and I am speaking for myself. There were many who loved Ed and I think felt orphaned here..so they just didn't post. That is exactly why I did!

Reid is a great guy who is a gem. I loved their date in Spain and all the funny ways Reid's personality shows through. I feel for you fans that were hoping it was him...I really do. I have been there believe me, I have felt your pain. He seems like a catch and I hope you all get to see him fall in love perhaps on the bach,if he takes on that task.

For the nice down to earth people who can just come on here without an agenda and see all sides like it or not, you have my respect and I will remember who those were!!!

BTW..I like your avatar!
    thatsaaalotaawords...