Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3616319;
    I cried at this one to. Which has NEVER happened during any one of the 13 seasons I've followed. I think I just saw (what I really felt was) such a genuine relationship between Jillian and Reid. As a single girl in her twenties I'd love to find what I thought I saw between the two of them. I don't think she'd ever admit it but I have to wonder if Jill second guesses herself after seeing visual evidence of how much they really did click.
    Here, here!

Jill was reluctant to take a chance with Reid, although he ultimately will take the leap of faith. She may be constantly reminded of the road not taken if Reid ends up being the next bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3615766;
    If Jillian is extremily happy, then we should all be happy for her. I was away all weekend, and have been disappointed to read the posts as of late. Jillian has represented herself in a manner which makes me proud for her and proud that she is Canadian. She is a smart young lady that has done very well for herself. If she has in fact chosen Ed, that is her decision, not the fans decision not a friends decision or anyone else's. She has stated so many times she can't wait to share the news with everyone because she is happy with her choices. Its unfortunate that "everyone" doesn't care.

I believe the interaction between Jillian and Ed has been overlooked by fans waiting and waiting, for the love story between Reid and Jillian, Reid was the fav going into this season. Prior to the first epi, he was the "choosen" one. This has now caused a flury of insults, rude comments and poor choice of words towards Jillian. Ed didn't have a chance from the get go.

There are Ed fans out there, alot of them, and unfortunately they are not or appear not welcome on this board by many posters. They can post jokes, rude comments, make fun of etc towards the not so fav, while the Ed fans cannot even consider making any sort of joke towards Reid or Kip.

A well respected board that is famous for fairness, providing great inside information, and excellent sleuthers, where the members should be thankful there are mods' etc that take the time to keep this place in order.

I thoroughly enjoy FORT. I would like to take this opportunity to thank, Bloomers, Cupcakes, Capegal, I'msotired, KashatheDiva, and so many more for teaching me so much about sleuthing, for providing s/caps, and inside information.

I will continue to learn from their experience, enjoy their posts, and guidance and look forward to the next season.

Not only do I wish Jillian and Ed a future of love, and happiness, I hope they surround themselves with as many positive people as possible. Negativity brings out the worst in people which is so evident the last few days. If it doesn't work out, it was her choice. Its not like they will be the first bach'ette couple that doesn't last.

Looking forward to the new Bachelor season!
    Excellent post GuardianAngel! Thanks for coming back with renewed vigor and a voice with class as to what really needs to be said! This is a discussion forum where opinions vary and should be respected. We are all individuals and bring something different to the table during the discovery process. That is what has made this forum such an excellent source of speculation and theories when presented in a thoughtful respectful fashion. However, I feel some have lost their way along with their manners and practice of the basic golden rule of "do to others what you would like to be done to you".

That said, am I thrilled that my choice looks like he will be Jillian's choice, Yes. Am I sad for those who are disappointed in the outcome, Yes. Is it easy to be a minority on this board, No, not when I had hoped for an opportunity to intelligently discuss the outcome. I have been Ed's supporter from the beginning and there is no question about that, but I haven't taken pot shots at the F3 favorites as it was my attempt to be nice. If anything, I have made more fun of Ed than any of the F3. I am hopeful that we can all move on past this point and look forward to future seasons and shows. While we have been told what is going to happen tonight, we haven't seen the show yet -- there is more to come.

Thanks to all of you posters who have reached out in support of me and my opinions and for respectfully disagreeing and offering thoughtful comments instead. I am very happy for Jillian and wish her nothing but the best if her choice is Ed as well as Kip or Reid. All we need is love.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3616309;
    And now that we know the ending it really won't be all too exciting. Kip goes, Reid comes back, and Ed proposes. Pretty predicatable in the end.
    RS has predicted the show will end in a cliffhanger, otherwise there would be no incentive for fans to watch. It would just be the same old same old. Although, he has a point, different information has been posted by CC and Bloomer. I have no reason to question their information. He also said she picks Ed or no one. I think perhaps they could both be correct. It wouldn't be the first time a red herring was presented. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure. Jillian did an interview with Melissa at the AFTR which was on GMA this morning. Jilly was wearing a white dress.

CH tweeted that there is a lot of drama in the last hour of the show. CC and Bloomers information was kinda boring with a real lack of detail. Maybe they didn't get anymore than what they shared. It just seemed a bit...boring. That would disappoint me. If they are gonna play with us, then I want drama. Even if poor Reid gets the shaft in the process. Maybe it is the big set up to become the next Bachelor. I don't know. Tune in!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3615823;
    Has there been any info. on this board that points to that? This is the first I have read that Reid was supposed to be the chosen one prior to filming. It seemed the story board had Ed as f1 and that is why the season was a problem for producers. If you could please point to the info. I may have missed, I'd like to read them.
    Those are just my opinions seeker. Reid was the choosen one by the fan's here on FORT because it was sleuthed he made it to F3. There were more Reid fans posting, than Kip fans, Ed was written off and believed to be cut by many, around April 16th because of his Window's Live activity. No one paid attention to him other than the rumours, until they realized that yes in fact it was him in the fountain in Spain, and that only became a reality when the boat pic surfaced in HI. Until that time, not many knew who the guy in the fountain was. It may be clear to some now, the story board had Ed as the F1 however prior to all this, Ed was not a contender on this board. Ed fans, knew all along, he was going to be the F1 because we saw the clear love story developing. Outside of this board, there are alot of Ed fans who are enjoying the love story.

I have posted many times, the "no love story" is because they knew right from the begining it was Ed. Leaving and coming back was so obviously scripted. If some may recall, I didn't care that he had Window's Live Activity, I knew that was him in Spain in the fountain.

Those are just my thoughts, and how I saw this whole season play out.

I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone of anything, everyone has a right to have a fav or dislike someone, my previous post was mainly to point out how awful I felt to read some of the negative posts.

FORT Regular

Good morning.

Can anyone tell me who the dude is in the previews? He has on pointy cowboy boots and the voice over says something like One man's surprising return gives us the most surprising proposal in bachelor history. You guys have taught me not to take the words with the picture so I don't. But who is the guy with the pointy cowboy boots? It almost looks like they are trying to have us believe Wes came back which of course thanks to you guys, I don't. Just curious who the boots belong to.

TIA

Still hoping for a Reid miracle.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBJ;3616583;
    RS has predicted the show will end in a cliffhanger, otherwise there would be no incentive for fans to watch. It would just be the same old same old. Although, he has a point, different information has been posted by CC and Bloomer. I have no reason to question their information. He also said she picks Ed or no one. I think perhaps they could both be correct. It wouldn't be the first time a red herring was presented. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure. Jillian did an interview with Melissa at the AFTR which was on GMA this morning. Jilly was wearing a white dress.

CH tweeted that there is a lot of drama in the last hour of the show. CC and Bloomers information was kinda boring with a real lack of detail. Maybe they didn't get anymore than what they shared. It just seemed a bit...boring. That would disappoint me. If they are gonna play with us, then I want drama. Even if poor Reid gets the shaft in the process. Maybe it is the big set up to become the next Bachelor. I don't know. Tune in!!
    I think that the "drama" portion all revolves around Reid and his comeback...even if it does not have a positive outcome for him. Take a step back and try to view this FRC as the "average" viewer would. Reid comes back at the FRC after being let go at F3...that has never happened before. Only to be turned down again....that has never happened before....then she freaks out and has her talk with Chris....will she pick anyone....she is so confused...blah,blah,blah..nev er happened before. Then, Ed comes in the last five minutes to propose to her and all is well. Pretty dramatic and romantic ending....different than any other bachelor to date... We are just somewhat jaded over here because we have analayzed for weeks and we knew what was coming. Kind of like opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.....they are not quite as exciting when you know what is under the box.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoo;3615192;
    i will respond to that as well - i am surely wasting my entire sunday here but as jillys bff i will let you know that she was trying to go along with JK's innapropriate humor that is for NIGHT TIME TV she does have a bit of a sick sense of humor and her friends all love it - take it or leave it people it doesnt make her a bad person. she was EXTREAMLLLY hAPPY that day because of some GREAT NEWS that she recived and was on top of the world thats why she was so happy !!!

please support her people !
    I've stopped caring if Jill is happy or not. Don't wish her any harm - just don't care....

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3612351;
    Parasol Pink: thanks for sharing that w/us. I believe that can be the only explanation that makes any sense. I think though that Jillian is a pretty good actress & seems like she handles the interviews pretty well; so she'll be just fine. What a mess!!!
    Bonjour joliepaige,
    De rien! I think the murky truth lies in between the two presented scenarios. We are all left to pick and choose the parts that make the most sense to each and every one of us.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3616596;
    I think that the "drama" portion all revolves around Reid and his comeback...even if it does not have a positive outcome for him. Take a step back and try to view this FRC as the "average" viewer would. Reid comes back at the FRC after being let go at F3...that has never happened before. Only to be turned down again....that has never happened before....then she freaks out and has her talk with Chris....will she pick anyone....she is so confused...blah,blah,blah..nev er happened before. Then, Ed comes in the last five minutes to propose to her and all is well. Pretty dramatic and romantic ending....different than any other bachelor to date... We are just somewhat jaded over here because we have analayzed for weeks and we knew what was coming. Kind of like opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.....they are not quite as exciting when you know what is under the box.

I'm eager to hear how she responds to him when he gives her exactly what she was trying to drag out of him all along. I'll have my Pepto handy. Should be quite a performance.

Gosh, how much MORE romantic to say "Yes - it was you all along!" when Reid proposes..... MF just doesn't get it.... and likely never will....

So we get to see her all broken up over Reid - playacting or real, who knows? - and then dry her eyes and go say Yes to Ed. Those scriptwriters will have to have done work worthy of an Emmy to get people on board with that. JMHO.

well, if nothing else convinced me, the VH1DOL predictor has. that's VH1's Daisy of Love show. i swear they are working from the exact same script
    1) a few episodes in, she offers the guy she's really into a rose/pass, but he says he has to leave.
    2) a contestant is ratted on to the star for having a girlfriend at home
    3) the guy who left is brought back to be a member of F4
    4) said guy confessed to hooking up with at least one girl while away from the show
    5) the guy who wrote her a song on his guitar is sent home at F4
    6) F3 go to Maui
    7) the guy sent home at F3 was rejected because he has a wall up
    8) F2 guy is the good-looking guy with amazing abs
    9) F1 is the guy who left and came back

seriously, i'm having deja vu, it's like they were the same show, only one involved slightly less clothing and slightly more bleeping
    _(Moo!)