Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Just popping in to show that there are TONS of Jed fans out there who absolutely adore Jill and Ed together. My Mom and I both love Ed, and I especially love the way he looks at her. (I'm not even going to argue with the people who say he never does... that's just craziness). Jill is an amazing girl and I would still love her even if she didn't pick Ed.
    I am a pre-Med student with a perfect grade point average, and I think fart jokes are hilarious. I do not drink, yet I think drunk Ed was adorable. I laughed out loud after watching "Jenga" farts. I am not perfect. Neither are Jill or Ed. They are perfect for each other. They love each other.
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-27-2009 at 11:10 AM.

^ Welcome to FORT, Jed_Fan, first of all!

You see, many of us really do like Jillian and are upset because, in our opinions, we see the writing on the wall that she's headed for heartbreak. It's her choice to live with, good or bad, but when you really think someone is making a huge mistake, you're going to be upset about it.

I'm a smart cookie too (congrats on your grades, btw! ), and I've never drank either. In contrast, I thought drunk Ed was immature and pathetic. I thought the Jenga video was disgusting and elementary-schoolish. And I would find some of his comments extremely offensive if they were directed at me (i.e. "I want to attack her!"). I expect his behavior out of your typical frat boy, not a 30 year old grown man. So, you and I have similar backgrounds, but we just look at things very differently. Different strokes for different folks, is all.

FWIW, my low opinion of TV Ed was already formed way before I had heard any of the gf information. Women's intuition kicked in with me right away that something wasn't right with him, much like it did for me when I first saw Jason in DeAnna's season.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3616165;
    Out of all the completed season's I can remember watching (7 for me now, I think?), Jeremy's goodbye was the saddest IMO. Only time I've ever over this dopey show.

Jillian's departure was sad too, but because I felt Jason was no great prize, I didn't feel bad for her for long.
    I loved Jillian last year and hated that she was so hurt, but there was NO way I wanted her as F1 for Jason. I thought she dodged a bullet. I thought Jeremy was bland, but felt so bad for him. I thought then, too, that he was lucky he was out because I couldn't stand Deanna. This is the first time in quite a while where I liked both the "star" and the F3, so it was heartbreaking for me. I thought they'd be perfect together.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by dfwpoolgirl;3615856;
    Yep, probably more disinformation then. I think they really are trying to keep this one under wraps after Jason's huge leak.
    Well not too much under wraps because we know the ending.
    Funny no details so far though and not a slew different people reporting.
    Goes to show you its impossible to keep a secret which in this case is really no secret.
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3615857;
    You are certainly allowed to make fun of Reid all you want, but other posters are allowed to counter by making fun of Ed, and vice versa. I've seen it go both ways, but it so happens that there are many more Reid supporters on this board than Ed supporters. I understand it can get frustrating, but that's the way it works. It helps if one tries not to take it so personally.
    thanks for the reply Ironcat, I dont take anything personally, that would be for the poster who snarked back at my post regarding reid, I was just replying back to her.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3616251;
    Funny...I never thought Tessa & Andy had a snowball's chance. Like, ZERO chance at all. I liked Tessa most that season myself, and Andy seemed to be a fantastic guy. I guess I just saw way too many subtle differences b/t them that I thought, "There's just no way this is ever going to work."

I actually think Jillian would have a better chance at making it work with any of her F3 than I thought Andy & Tessa had. Mostly b/c the differences between Jillian and F3 aren't as big as AndyTessa, and also b/c I think Jillian & her F3 are all much closer to settling down than Andy & Tessa really were.

It's so wild how differently we all see things -- I find it endlessly fascinating!
    Really?! I think if he wasn't in the military and she was more willingly to move, they had real potential. Did he get deployed only a few months after the show ended airing? I'm sure that didn't help them any. Their conversation when he asked her who she wants to fall in love with is still one of my favorite Bach/B'ette conversations ever.

I think Jill would have had a shot with either Kip or Reid and maybe Ed if he really is ready to change his playboy ways. Reid is my favorite by far but like I've already said, his wife is probably going to be ruling the roost a little bit so if Jill had chosen him, moved to Philly, and stuck it out, there's no doubt in my mind he would have married her. Kip seems like he's ready for kids and family and the whole deal so he would have been a very stable partner, but she feels like she's not good enough for him so her insecurities would have gotten the best of her.

As far as Ed goes. I can see them together if he's really ready to let his partying and womanizing go. I personally like Jill so much more as a person with either Reid or Kip but maybe she enjoys being a hick? Anyway, she and Ed have a similar background in that they come from humble roots but were able to achieve success on their own, they have the same sense of humor, and he seems to satisfy all her requirements on the special "list" she keepts toting around. The only thing is, I don't think he's ready to leave his partying ways yet or ever. He may always stay a selfish frat boy with women on the side, even when married with kids. I've seen it both ways: party boys who grow up and become amazing parents and husbands and those that always stay selfish and would rather drink with their friends and party with younger women than help their wives with the housework and kids. I hope Ed is the former and he's met his waterloo in her for her sake but I'm not holding my breath.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3615987;
    I am so glad you brought this up. The point is: she had, and will again, contradicted herself in interviews. That's why I don't think her "brilliant ending", and all the other comments really mean anything, just hype the show so more people will watch!
    And now that we know the ending it really won't be all too exciting. Kip goes, Reid comes back, and Ed proposes. Pretty predicatable in the end.

FORT Fogey

Jill was clearly drunk in a few episodes. You could tell just by looking at her. And not that she doesn't have some accountability for her own actions but Fleiss likes his contestants drunk.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3616195;
    I loved Jillian last year and hated that she was so hurt, but there was NO way I wanted her as F1 for Jason. I thought she dodged a bullet. I thought Jeremy was bland, but felt so bad for him. I thought then, too, that he was lucky he was out because I couldn't stand Deanna. This is the first time in quite a while where I liked both the "star" and the F3, so it was heartbreaking for me. I thought they'd be perfect together.
    I cried at this one to. Which has NEVER happened during any one of the 13 seasons I've followed. I think I just saw (what I really felt was) such a genuine relationship between Jillian and Reid. As a single girl in her twenties I'd love to find what I thought I saw between the two of them. I don't think she'd ever admit it but I have to wonder if Jill second guesses herself after seeing visual evidence of how much they really did click.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3614922;
    Love all of your posts! There are a few that believe Ed confesses to Jill, on Monday nights show, that he really went home in April to break up with a relationship he had with another girl. But that's all he tells her.

Then Jillian forgives him and they live happily ever after so to speak.
    That train is in a dark tunnel and getting ready to see the light of day and possibly a head on collision.
    Oh dear!