Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3615843;
    Yes. She rejects Kip, then Ed, then Reid shows up and we don't know what happens and it's a cliffhanger. It's not true.
    Yep, probably more disinformation then. I think they really are trying to keep this one under wraps after Jason's huge leak.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3615835;
    sorry I didnt get the memo from the mods telling me its ok to say anything we want about Ed but not Reid humor goes both ways here remember besides what does Ed or what you can imagine have to do with what I can imagine Reid saying to his kid?
    You are certainly allowed to make fun of Reid all you want, but other posters are allowed to counter by making fun of Ed, and vice versa. I've seen it go both ways, but it so happens that there are many more Reid supporters on this board than Ed supporters. I understand it can get frustrating, but that's the way it works. It helps if one tries not to take it so personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3615851;
    He basically withholds this all the way up until the final and she still picks him? What a joke.

Not to discredit any other spoilers but I wonder if this does happen. It will still end with Ed and everything else is correct that was spoiled. But I honestly think this could possibly happen.
    I'm entertaining it as well. As I was just telling someone in a PM, it jives with:

- "one bachelor's confession"
    - that shot of Ed coming through the doorway

It's all so unbelievable though. But so is much that has happened this season!
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3615842;
    Reid was barely a blip on the radar of most viewers until midway through the show. The only place he was popular from pretty early on was FORT, maybe after 2 or 3 episodes. (We are so smart.) The big joke was, "Reid who?" What was amazing was how he managed to eclipse all the other bachelors in popularity in just the last 4 episodes or so, probably starting with HTDs. (After his 1 on 1 the week before, many thought he was neurotic.) I think the most amazed by it all were the producers, and now they're trying to capitalize on it, by trying to make him the next Bachelor.
    Yup. I think the show was scraping so hard and didn't know what to do. So the coerced Reid back to get rejected a second time=please be the next bachelor. I think that's why they have flopped so many times on promos. They weren't show how to do it because the more they showed him the more fans got their hopes up that he was going to be chosen. When they stop showing him, people get upset also. Now I think they are just trying to be more clear it's not him. But too little, too late.

FORT Fogey

They won't go into the g/f storyline tomorrow. It's too late to do so. They will let it play out on show with Ed as F1 and let Jill deal with it in the real world. Having him admit to a g/f and going home for any reason other than work as portrayed on the show would make show complicit in that and ABC won't put themselves in that position. If Jill went on to pick Ed after all this it also wouldn't leave their star in a good light. Jill will deal with it how she sees fit in real life.
    Last edited by Nova14; 07-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3615866;
    They won't go into the g/f storyline tomorrow. It's too late to do so. They will let it play out on show with Ed as F1 and let Jill deal with it in the real world. Having him admit to a g/f and going home for any reason other than work as portrayed on the show would make show complicit in that and ABC won't put themselves in that position. If Jill went on to pick Ed after all this it also wouldn't leave their star in a good life. Jill will deal with it how she sees fit in real life.
    IA. So Jill will basically deal with it by pretending it's not happening and crying about it privately while preparing to move to Chi.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Lisa says Reid is happy and that's good enough for me. He looks handsome and very happy in recent pics too. If they did use him I hope he got big bucks for it. Let him smile all the way to the bank.

This is why I'm still convinced they were going to do one finale but edited it at the last minute.

1.) They are trying to put Ed and Jillian in a good light as a couple
    2.) They don't want people too upset over Reid being rejected. Well enough to want them to want him to be the next bachelor but not enough to not care about Ed and Jillian.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;3615804;
    Could the conclusion on Tuesday nite be there is NO couple & have decided to part ways?
    Not if you believe the spoilers that came from those who attended the taping of the ATFR.

They could part ways in a Wednesday night conlcusion, though.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dfwpoolgirl;3615809;
    Well crapola, sorry to be a tease and then not deliver. But like someone else said, who knows if it's true. I'll pass along this much. Ed confesses he left to end a relationship because he was falling for Jillian and he wants to be the one to tell her. He tells her he is in love with her. She thanks him for being honest.
    Well if that's the case Jillian is being very niave. Why would you trust someone that came on a dating show with a girlfried, to only leave you to end that realtionship....why would you put your trust in someone like that??? Time is of the essence on this show, and Ed missed two weeks! I'm still having a hard time choking this down that he is F1....just doesn't make sense.