Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3614922;
    Love all of your posts! There are a few that believe Ed confesses to Jill, on Monday nights show, that he really went home in April to break up with a relationship he had with another girl. But that's all he tells her.
    Then Jillian forgives him and they live happily ever after so to speak.
    That train is in a dark tunnel and getting ready to see the light of day and possibly a head on collision.
    Ummmm....wasn't Ed the first guy to raise his hand at Ep#4 RC (gf-gate) stating he DID NOT have a girlfriend?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3614992;
    Ummmm....wasn't Ed the first guy to raise his hand at Ep#4 RC (gf-gate) stating he DID NOT have a girlfriend?
    Yes or they edited it to look like he did!

Quote Originally Posted by nattyj21;3614955;
    If it is true he had two girls on the side, I do hope he confesses to her about it. Even if he doesn't cope to everything that happened. Then maybe, just maybe they do have a chance of making a go at it. At least for Jillian's sake. I could not imagine taking all the hits she is getting and then learning the guy you risked it all for lied to you. That would be too much to take!!

A head on collision, lets hope not!!
    I know first hand that there are women that stick to their guy no matter what and I mean no matter what! Its what their man makes them believe and how he makes them feel. Certain men can endear such a loyalty from women who are vulnerable to this type of love.

At this point its quite possible nothing Ed could say or do would ever change her mind. She may be that type of woman.......
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn91;3614371;
    I totally agree with this analogy! I think Ed and Jillian had a great chemistry in the beginning - in fact I think if you had asked Jillian early on who she saw as her final 2, she would have said Wes and Ed.

I think TPTB saw the strong connection and wanted to slow it down, so they encouraged Ed's leaving and return (either indirectly or directly). After he came back the connection and chemistry was still so strong that they needed to throw viewers off the track some, so they threw Ed under the bus with the editing.

I'm sure tomorrow night's edit of Ed will be great, and they will show more of the chemistry that they have been downplaying (which was there all along but the producers it toned down and added red herrings like the E.D. story).
    We might see a change in the edit..however, they have known Jillian picked Ed since May 24th & could have edited him to be an angel, but they didn't. Since it sounds like he was a little difficult to work w/ they chose to keep in some of the bad parts to probably get back at him. I'm sure Jillian isn't happy w/what she has seen on her TV screen. Unless she doesn't like him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3614652;
    My point is that there is more to Reid than just his "indecisiveness" which can be debated. Tomorrow night we will see a bit more of who he is and what he can be and I bet it will be something great to watch!

For me (a loony ) that will probably be better than the last 5 minutes that is supposed to be as good as Trista and Ryan.
    hear hear! i've been having reid withdrawal the last 3 weeks, and thanks to this board i feel good knowing that he's doing great IRL and is hotter than ever. for purely selfish reasons i wouldn't mind if he chose to do TB.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3614745;
    I really, really hope nobody will condemn you for your choice. I too saw the Ed romance although because I'm somewhat cynical of this show wasn't and am not sure if it's real or not - time will tell.

I too disliked the negativity that came out towards the end. It happens a bit at the end of each season when people have become invested in their particular choice and feel the need to defend him/her to their dying breath. I don't mind at all people defending their choices and, so they should. Just don't put down others for doing the same.

I agree, I haven't seen it this ugly since Tessa/Bevin, and if I'm remembering correctly, some of the most reliable posters were fed misleading information that season as well, which is what caused all the ugliness. The people who posted were honest and believed what they posted, but their sources were less than truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3614908;
    Don't think if Wes hadn't bowed out, it would have been an Ed vs Wes finale? Which probably would have helped out Ed - as I imagine he would have been edited as the good guy.

Kip would have left at F4 since he straight up told her "an engagement would be premature". Then, Reid similar to what happened.

Hey, that's exactly what I posted in a different thread:

Now looking back, I am wondering, like Deanna's original final 2 guys were Graham and Jeremy, could Jillian's F2 were ED and WES? Both of them are "tall, dark, handsome" (in her mind, not necessarily the fans'), both are "bad boy" type, and both appeal to her more "country, hick" side. Even with all the rumors about Wes, she still kept him over Jesse, Jake and Michael. Did TPTB sabotage the potential Ed Vs. Wes finale?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3615029 View Post
    I agree, I haven't seen it this ugly since Tessa/Bevin, and if I'm remembering correctly, some of the most reliable posters were fed misleading information that season as well, which is what caused all the ugliness. The people who posted were honest and believed what they posted, but their sources were less than truthful.
    Well said. Cupcake give us the information regarding who is F1. We can choose to believe it or not. And good thing is it can be varified tomorriow. No harm done to anyone. However, if you pass on some information which was intended to damage someone's reputation, we should be all very careful and take it with a grain of salt.

I have to respond to the many people who are saying that they found Jillian much different this season than last. I think I understand her completely - you adapt to the circumstances you find yourself in. It doesn't mean that she's a phony it just means that she is comfortable in both a classy situation and a 'down home/pass the beer' situation and adjusts accordingly. I myself am perfectly comfortable and enjoy going out to a fine dining experience with people many would call 'upper class' and I'm also perfectly comfortable getting together with close friends in a backyard/cottage kicking off my shoes, downing a few and not being afraid to belch should the need arise.

I'd rather see people like Jillian who is not afraid to be herself rather than someone who puts on airs and act as though they don't even spit in the sink when they brush their teeth. JMO
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3614866;
    LOL Blasie. I logged on and read a total of 12 posts (I'm on vacation and only logging on a few minutes a day) and I am so glad this is one of the ones I caught. Fractured fairytale indeed.
    I miss you cheekchook!!! Good to hear from you and hope you're having a great vacation. I'm taking mine 7/28-8/25; got to recover from this travesty of a show. Here I was, a newbie a month ago, just looking for a wonderful beautiful romance - boy, did I learn my lesson the hard way! I might be back, if only to read posts from you, sdl, bloomers, seeker, cupcake, atem, etc. I would definitely be back if Reid or Kip come back as TB, but part of me doesn't want them to be tarnished by the machinations of MF et al!