Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3614712;
    Admittedly, I cringed when she made the "popped your helicopter cherry" comment. But, Ed laughed. Perhaps that was all the indication we ever needed.
    I remember when Melissa first came back online after her long silence following her experience with Jason (facebook or myspace or twitter, I don't remember which). I believe it was Megan Parris who wrote a comment 'I'm glad to see you popped your FB cherry". It must be a common expression with the 20-somethings these days.

I don't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3614926;
    I think for 99 per cent of women who want the big splash out wedding no matter what socio economic status you come from, down home country will not be the theme. Otherwise just go to Hawaii or the Caribbean and get married on the beach or go back up to Whistler or Banff and have some venison.

I will say however all the major halls around here have cabbage rolls options on the wedding dinner choices but that might just be because we have a lot of Polish, Hungarian, Italian and Ukrainian people around here. And I've seen cabbage rolls at weddings that were not cheap, believe me. Bwah.
    Well, having been to my fair share of typical northeast Jewish weddings, I can tell you that there are no cabbage rolls in sight. More like a smorgasboard to start with everything from carved meats to sushi, then a sit-down with a choice of Chilean sea bass, filet mignon and a chicken dish, topped off by a Viennese table with every dessert imaginable. It's definitely a food orgy, all in all. The Rosenthals seem pretty urbane and affluent, so I can imagine that is more like what they have in mind for their baby boy.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3614801;
    This is what I think too. Kip & Reid didn't want to be F1 & so they made Ed come back & play the part. We know the producers didn't like him..why would they do that to Kip or Reid? I think Reid coming back was also scripted by the producers..I thought that even before I knew it was going to be Reid.
    I just hope Kip & Reid turn down the Bach offer. I remember at the beginning of this season that someone mentioned that they hoped that Jillian wasn't hated at the end..I don't think she is hated, however; I think some will seriously doubt her judge of character, but TPTB had a big part to play in her decision.

Re script: Yep...that entire Reid/Jillian bench scene was one of the weirdest They were sad one moment, laughing the next and Jilly seemed to be forcing tears. Reid's limo ride didn't convince me much either....he seemed to take it all in stride. That's why I'm not too worked up over him being rejected tomorrow....he's a cool customer and I believe he's just following TPTB script.

Re Jillian Hate: TPTB know exactly what they are doing. They have thrown Jillian under the bus for almost the entire season. Has Bach lead ever cried so much? She has cried every episode since Ep 2 or 3 - all at the hands of the TPTB creating non-stop drama AND IMO her questionable decision making skills

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hart;3614922;
    Love all of your posts! There are a few that believe Ed confesses to Jill, on Monday nights show, that he really went home in April to break up with a relationship he had with another girl. But that's all he tells her.

Then Jillian forgives him and they live happily ever after so to speak.
    That train is in a dark tunnel and getting ready to see the light of day and possibly a head on collision.
    If it is true he had two girls on the side, I do hope he confesses to her about it. Even if he doesn't cope to everything that happened. Then maybe, just maybe they do have a chance of making a go at it. At least for Jillian's sake. I could not imagine taking all the hits she is getting and then learning the guy you risked it all for lied to you. That would be too much to take!!

A head on collision, lets hope not!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchglinda;3614932;
    Sorry your marriage to the "good Jewish boy" didn't work out. I have a good friend who is Catholic and from a very small town who married a "good Jewish boy" from NYC.... they raised four children together and have been happily together for 40 years.

I dunno... does it necessarily follow that if you've been reared in the city that you can't appreciate the great outdoors? Didn't Reid mention that he's a very good skier.... so at the very least, we know that he gets out of the city once in awhile and likes mountains!

As for the whole fondue thing.... I think that's when I first fell in love with Reid! I could totally understand and appreciate his logic (or lack thereof) since I'm a little weird that way too.
    I have to agree, especially with the last part. That is why I felt a kinship to Reid as well. I also have a tendency to over think things and think of possible outcomes. I am a Taurus, so don't know if it is because we are the same sign or not. However, I analyze things, but once I go for something I go for it 110% and am very loyal to people.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3614943;
    Well, having been to my fair share of typical northeast Jewish weddings, I can tell you that there are no cabbage rolls in sight. More like a smorgasboard to start with everything from carved meats to sushi, then a sit-down with a choice of Chilean sea bass, filet mignon and a chicken dish, topped off by a Viennese table with every dessert imaginable. It's definitely a food orgy, all in all. The Rosenthals seem pretty urbane and affluent, so I can imagine that is more like what they have in mind for their baby boy.
    So true, Reid is definitely the loved, coddled baby of the family and I'm sure Mom and Dad wouldn't be too pleased if his future wife got all lubed up on natl television with another man and then wanted to marry their precious boy in some field with home made cabbage rolls. They're probably the happiest family right now, along with Kip's.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Some thoughts for this Sunday afternoon...

1) I really love the day (or 2 as the case may be) before we get to see the ending on TV. This board is really awesome to read today, because it is such a smorgasbord. So many posters are doing their own "closures" with processing their own feelings (good or bad) about their favorites, if they had one. Some are looking back and reminiscing and still thinking "oh, if only...." Others are swearing this is their last season of doing this, but many will still be back here for the next go round (can we all spell Addiction??). And some are still hoping that there is just one more "twist" coming that noone yet knows about. There's something for everyone today, isn't there??

2) About the next bachelor pick - If I had MY way about it, I think they should choose a "Retread" Bachelor... BUT... do that first, highly publize it and THEN do the casting for the gals. Oh sure, there will still be the "roles" to fill, but it might be a nice little mix there of a few gals the guy might really like. Well, THERE would be the new "twist"... coming into the F3.. the guy truly has a hard time choosing because there is actually mutual attraction with several. Of course there would have to be a new clause in that pesky "contract", whereby the Bachelor has the right to eliminate all the "cast role people" at his sole discretion. Like TPTB would ever allow that to happen!

3) As i have said in a few of my posts this season, I willingly chose not to have a favorite this season, so that I could enjoy the show from this totally different perspective... and I succeeded in doing that FWIW... and I trully enjoyed it this way. And coming here to FORT more regularly, I enjoyed watching the wonderful sleuthers (of all varieties) even more than I have in past seasons. And I feel I have leaerned some things from them along the way, as they were all (too many to name) so gracious to me in answering my questions to gain a better understanding.

4) On a bit more serious note... I hope that some of the long-timers here will see this post of mine and perhaps contact me individually. I would seriously like to be more involved next season, and hope that one or more of you would allow me to help in some way long before the next season begins... in an "apprenticeship" role, if you will, under your wise tutelage. If so, please do PM me. TIA

5) Lastly, I would like to give a shout-out to ALL of the posters here. I have enjoyed so many of your posts this season! Thank you all. And whether you are happy, sad, gleeful or mad today... can we all agree on just one thing today?? That being a great BIG.......
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3614908;
    Don't think if Wes hadn't bowed out, it would have been an Ed vs Wes finale? Which probably would have helped out Ed - as I imagine he would have been edited as the good guy.

Kip would have left at F4 since he straight up told her "an engagement would be premature". Then, Reid similar to what happened.
    A Wes/Ed FRC would have been a hoot!! That would have been down too the wire....wonder who she would have chosen had Wes stayed on the show? Can you imagine the edits on Jill/Wes/Ed had this played out?

I honestly don't know which guy she would have selected. No doubt Reid/Kip would have left F3/F4 with this lineup.

JMO....
    Last edited by Jano; 07-26-2009 at 06:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBJ;3614808;
    I kinda knew Reid was out of the running when Jillian said her fantasy wedding meal would consist of cabbage rolls (a Polish dish) and ham. That sort of left him and his family out of it. Had it been Kip she would have said lasagne and fine wine...
    Cabbage rolls are a Kosher staple. Google kosher + "cabbage rolls" and see how many recipes you come up with. I don't know that they'd be served at most weddings but they are a very traditional Jewish food.

I think if Wes had put out his full out seduction mode on Jillian I think Ed might have been SOL.

For all of Wes's indignation now, he sure did not act like he wanted to be on a date with Jillian in a very romantic setting - unless something else got him in a pissy mood, even with the evil edit he did not look like a man engaged in the moment. If he had played it differently, who knows. He certainly acted like he was ready to go home which just confirmed what everyone thought about him. Had he pulled out all his charm, who knows.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.