Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3614832;
    ITA pattycake! You are always an optimist! The F3 guys were awesome this season - the best I have ever seen. She cared about all 3 of them, but did act "in love" with Ed especially since the Whistler episode. So it looks like it is a good match for them. You know what they say . . there is a lid for every pot! I am glad she is happy. Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night and on the press junket!
    Here Here guys!!! I think Ed and Jill have stood the test of this show very well! Nothing is easy if it is meaningful, but when you really care for one another and love your partner, you will make it work! They clearly have a special connection and I truly believe they will be together for the long haul!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3614866;
    LOL Blasie. I logged on and read a total of 12 posts (I'm on vacation and only logging on a few minutes a day) and I am so glad this is one of the ones I caught. Fractured fairytale indeed.
    Love all of your posts! There are a few that believe Ed confesses to Jill, on Monday nights show, that he really went home in April to break up with a relationship he had with another girl. But that's all he tells her.

Then Jillian forgives him and they live happily ever after so to speak.
    That train is in a dark tunnel and getting ready to see the light of day and possibly a head on collision.
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3614908;
    Don't think if Wes hadn't bowed out, it would have been an Ed vs Wes finale? Which probably would have helped out Ed - as I imagine he would have been edited as the good guy.

Kip would have left at F4 since he straight up told her "an engagement would be premature". Then, Reid similar to what happened.
    I have to agree with you on the Wes part. I think Ed and Wes would have really had to battle it out as the last 2 men standing!! She would have been soo TORN!!! I am starting to wonder how poor Kip ever got led down this road. He seems like the polar opposite of Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3614811;
    Ed not caring about her and the other men is so bizarre imo. If you're interested in a girl, how can you not be jealous that she's seeing and kissing and may even be falling in love with another man?

Reid showed his vulnerabilities and insecurities when talking about it and all Jill could focus on was the lies Ed was feeding her and the fact that he was her "list." It's sad that she made this decision but not surprising, she followed her own predetermined pattern and correctly chose the next man to break her heart.
    I don't know where people got the idea he didn't care. He said in one of his PI's that he couldn't stand the idea of her spending time with the other guys and maybe finding someone that she liked more than him.

If people are referring to that off the cuff comment when he was talking about her going home with the other guys, that was a different context. He was making a point that she needed to see that side of him...not because she met the other guys parents and he wanted to level the playing field...but because he thought it was important to her, and would make a difference in how she viewed him.

I think for 99 per cent of women who want the big splash out wedding no matter what socio economic status you come from, down home country will not be the theme. Otherwise just go to Hawaii or the Caribbean and get married on the beach or go back up to Whistler or Banff and have some venison.

I will say however all the major halls around here have cabbage rolls options on the wedding dinner choices but that might just be because we have a lot of Polish, Hungarian, Italian and Ukrainian people around here. And I've seen cabbage rolls at weddings that were not cheap, believe me. Bwah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;3614890;
    No, no 'cue cards' at the tell all or ATFR tapings I've been too...just a heck of a lot of splice and dice of the pre-shot "reaction shots."

Heck, I've seen myself, and have had friends see me, at shows I wasn't even at - they don't even always use reactions from the current season or show they just taped! LOL

Ok, that's just too funny. If it were me, I think I'd be worried about out-of-body experiences.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3614908;
    Don't think if Wes hadn't bowed out, it would have been an Ed vs Wes finale? Which probably would have helped out Ed - as I imagine he would have been edited as the good guy.

Kip would have left at F4 since he straight up told her "an engagement would be premature". Then, Reid similar to what happened.
    I think because they started editing before the season was done, they interfered too much and didn't let the show take its natural course. I do think Kip would have left at F4 if TPTB didn't toy around with Jill and Wes' "girlfriends." And Ed totally would have been the Prince Charming who came back to rescue Jilly Bean from the questionable Wes. TPTB got too excited with the drama and manipulation because of last season and screwed up majorly this season.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3614829;
    Pretty much gave up posting a while back. Kept getting shot down. As mentioned towards the end of each season things get a little rough here. (Thank goodness not as bad as some of the other boards!)

I have had a bit of a problem with all the Ed hate going on. To be honest this is the first time that I liked all three of the last men standing. Each one of them had good points as well as bad. Unfortunately I married a "Reid". That is not saying he was a bad person. I met my husband, of all places, in Philadelphia. I was a "hick" from the Great North Woods and he was a good Jewish boy. There was a lot of attraction because of the differences. However in the long run the differences became too great.

I watched Reid with very mixed emotions. On one hand I miss the good qualities and there were many. However, when you are strongly drawn to the Great Outdoors, having a born and bred city guy can cause problems. You saw how Reid reacted to fondue. Can you imagine him baiting a fishhook, let alone peeing in the woods ! ! ?

Sorry your marriage to the "good Jewish boy" didn't work out. I have a good friend who is Catholic and from a very small town who married a "good Jewish boy" from NYC.... they raised four children together and have been happily together for 40 years.

I dunno... does it necessarily follow that if you've been reared in the city that you can't appreciate the great outdoors? Didn't Reid mention that he's a very good skier.... so at the very least, we know that he gets out of the city once in awhile and likes mountains!

As for the whole fondue thing.... I think that's when I first fell in love with Reid! I could totally understand and appreciate his logic (or lack thereof) since I'm a little weird that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3614924;
    I don't know where people got the idea he didn't care. He said in one of his PI's that he couldn't stand the idea of her spending time with the other guys and maybe finding someone that she liked more than him.

If people are referring to that off the cuff comment when he was talking about her going home with the other guys, that was a different context. He was making a point that she needed to see that side of him...not because she met the other guys parents and he wanted to level the playing field...but because he thought it was important to her, and would make a difference in how she viewed him.
    Obviously, YMMV. To me, I took it as a) he doesn't care too much about her or b) he know she's basically his and has nothing to worry about. Neither of those are flattering imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3614935;
    Obviously, YMMV. To me, I took it as a) he doesn't care too much about her or b) he know she's basically his and has nothing to worry about. Neither of those are flattering imo.
    He said...I don't care about THAT, not I don't care about THEM. Simple comprehension.