Page 8 of 939 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3579433;
    Wow that was a funny post -- a real tongue twister . But i think we totally agree that Reid acted from his heart and not from a script.
    If Reid's got a script, Brad Pitt is about to be out of work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579483;
    Two ways to look at that. Either there was no "match" so they are playing up the proposal thing to just complete the story in the traditional way and looked for a patsy to agree to seal the deal.

OR...

Jillian said she didn't care so much about the proposal but then she fell in love, with a guy that wanted to give her one...so the bar was set for the other guys to step it up, or step aside.
    Funny not one person has asked her if she is engaged. That is the standard question. Have the interviewerV been told to lay off there??

FORT Fogey

Two ways to look at that. Either there was no "match" so they are playing up the proposal thing to just complete the story in the traditional way and looked for a patsy to agree to seal the deal.

OR...

Jillian said she didn't care so much about the proposal but then she fell in love, with a guy that wanted to give her one...so the bar was set for the other guys to step it up, or step aside.
    If that were the case I doubt someone inside production would be calling the season a disaster, though. There is nothing they love more than multiple proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3579410;
    We saw both of them discussing how it was not there....and then two weeks later wink wink we're supposed to believe they were just kidding about it?
    Speaking of it's not there... Could it be that Ed just was not as into Jilly as Jilly was into him? And the sunburn, long day and relaxing massage a welcomed way out? It's just that I've known men who wouldn't let those things get in the way of, performing, for lack of a better word! They could either not contain their interest or their egos were on the line. Maybe Ed refused from the onset to take things that far (thus sticking to his principles) so TPTB insisted on filming something half-way sensuous. All speculation on my part, of course. Any thoughts anyone?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fan

Some people need to read, "He's just not that into you."

Reid with all his hesitation and non-committal, and non-answers to Jillian's questions said alot.

Jillian saw the writing on the wall with Reid and let him go at F3. If she was really feeling "IT" she would have taken Reid to the final 2 and said it didn't matter if she was going to get engaged or not, she wants to be with Reid.

She gave up introducing Reid to her parents and a very romantic final date.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3579473;
    Gosh! So this Bach. season has become the Three Nights of Ed and Jillian since his return to Spain and Hawaii? What happened to the guy who was shy on the rooftop? Whatever happened in Chitown during the hiatus messed him up big, he returns a guy with a different persona, and dull as ever.

I can say it's not just my imagination here, many who rooted for him earlier are questioning this new person. Whatever it was, it doesn't sound like work, it can't change someone's behavior in just two weeks this much. Now can it, unless it was traumatic in some way. JMO!
    I agree! Ed was edited to be charming and shy early on. Now they are showing him to be kind of aggressive and a little sleazy (sorry, don't hate me Ed lovers--hate TPTB that changed his edit.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3579492;
    Funny not one person has asked her if she is engaged. That is the standard question. Have the interviewerV been told to lay off there??
    It looks like they have been told not to ask that certain question because you know that is a very famous question that is always asked of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette.

If we think that it is definately Reid coming back, that would mean he DEFINATELY proposes, correct? Because we have Jillian saying that the guy who was hard to let go came back and got down on one knee......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lolababy;3579504;
    Some people need to read, "He's just not that into you."

Reid with all his hesitation and non-committal, and non-answers to Jillian's questions said alot.

Jillian saw the writing on the wall with Reid and let him go at F3. If she was really feeling "IT" she would have taken Reid to the final 2 and said it didn't matter if she was going to get engaged or not, she wants to be with Reid.

She gave up introducing Reid to her parents and a very romantic final date.
    This is true; but if she knew she was going to take him back she would have also known that he would end up meeting her parents anyway.

But sanlee, she did not say he proposes. She says get down on one knee and sweep her off of her feet. I think Reid could do that just by saying the words ILY without hedging.

OR...

Sadly, according to SDL there was no match this season. But your second thought bears equal weight, so it's hard to say which is more likely. Who pays for the ring?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fogey

I don't think the ED storyline was a planned edit that Ed agreed to. No man would and I can't blame him for that. Jill has commented on wanting to make sure the romance is there so it could be something she was concerned about. If they wanted to create doubt they didn't need to do so with an ED storyline. I thought bringing him aside about it made it even worse. Like him or hate him you just don't go there. It's a private thing.