Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3613147;
    I have to say now, before the season comes to a close, that I have enjoyed the season but more than that I have enjoyed the board. The discussion, sleuthing, debating are usually always done in a respectful tone and when the debates become somewhat overheated, the mods do an excellent job of toning things down. It makes it, for me, so much more fun to share thoughts, try to figure things out and perhaps learn a few things from those with inside knowledge. I lurked for a couple of seasons before joining and since joining up I have always felt welcomed. I don't like it when some come on here in an attempt to stir things up and pretend they know things that they don't but I usually just ignore the obvious ones. Sometimes there are new posters who might actually have some sort of insider knowledge to share but it's difficult to believe them because they are newcomers - so, I try to take what they have to say with a grain of salt but not be rude to them or totally dismiss them because all of us were new to the board at some time or other. For those of you who are new to the board and truly want to join in a friendly debate I am glad you have come. For those of you who have come here only to put down others who don't agree with you, I will continue to do what I have done in the past and simply ignore your posts.

For all the 'friends' I have made here - if you decide to sign off until next season - I will look forward to seeing you once again in the near future.

To the people who have provided honest, useful inside information - thank you - it's not easy as I know that at times you have taken a great deal of flak.

I'll still be online until the end of the season but do understand if some of you are bowing out now. Enjoy life, have fun and see you next season.

Make that a "double" thank-you

FORT Regular

Sorry, but I am way behind reading posts, so sorry if this has been discussed.

Knowing who she selected, why would they she did ladies proud with her selection? From where I sit, it seems like she did everything wrong!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3613129;
    Why are viewers posting rude comments in response to her blog after watching the show? Could it be that the viewer saw in Reid a "real" person who they could relate to. He struggled with expressing his feelings with words. He showed her how he felt all the time. He was sincere, honest and didn't tell her what she wanted to hear if it wasn't true for him. He was cautious about laying it all out there too fast. He told her over and again he took things slowly.

Yet Jillian pushed him time and again to open up and even gave him an ultimatum at the end of FD that time was running out. If she knew Ed was the one she was falling for and really wanted all along why push Reid to tell her what she wanted to hear. She didn't do that with Kip. Kip didn't lay it all out there for her either.

She even led the viewer with lines like "I like who I am when I am with Reid. I am myself with him, he is the person I can most relate to, we are different but there is something there that wants to work, yada yada yada." People were drawn into the story that they were both being true to themselves.
    She even told him he had everything she was looking for except she wasn't sure if he would commit. She misled him into hoping that he still had a chance.

Did she question Ed or Kip about anything they told her as often as she did Reid? Somehow every time Reid stepped up it never was enough for her.
    Jillian has to take some of the responsibility for the way she handled her relationship with Reid on the show. They can only edit what was said between them.

With all the "rumors" circulating about Ed, she has entered into an engagement with him with a cloud hanging over them. Is she that guillible to buy whatever he says. She never had a HTD with him which means she never got to see how he lived and see his friends and/or favorite spots. Did the PTB do this intentionally to avoid the risk of her finding out something about him if they filmed in Chicago? He was supposed to be cleaning up the mess while in Chicago as she was going on her HTDs.

Why would she buy into everything he said without checking things out first before accepting a proposal from him? Even if Ed had told her he had a gf and he broke up would she believe it so readily from someone she barely spent time with, much less than the other two guys. She met the entire families of Kip and Reid. But only his parents in HI? Why not a few of his siblings? It sounds very shady on so many levels? Was it all staged or were some of it a cover up?

How she deals with Reid at the ATFRC will be the only interesting bit to watch.

I feel for Jillian, she comes across more as a defiant, insecure woman who still can't get past the bad boys. She has changed her stance a bit as if to justify her actions after the fact. As always JMO! Trying to make sense of her reasoning.
    Well thought-out post, Seeker.

FORT Newbie

"If it is true that ED did not leave for work but left to end things with a girlfriend and just admitted this the on FRC day? This is just WRONG in so many levels."

How do we know that any of the girfriend talk is true or that's why he left? I have only heard rumors and speculation. I haven't heard of one girl stepping up and coming forward. The rumor mill is sure active. Just becaause someone says it, doesn't make it true folks.
    Last edited by bachfan58; 07-25-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Misspelling of have

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3613142;
    I still wonder if part of her "insecurity" with Reid was the real, raw emotions she was feeling. Better to go with what you know (the bad boy~have fun with "it" guy) than put yourself out there and open yourself up to something real and fresh that may hurt in the end. I think Jillian has been down the "ed" road before, and so she knows how to handle herself while the realtionship runs its course. Sometimes the familiar is the safer route. JMHO
    Agree with you if in fact she does choose Ed. (I'm still holding out hope!)

LOVE your av, by the way!! TOOOOOOOOo funny!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3613129;
    Why are viewers posting rude comments in response to her blog after watching the show? Could it be that the viewer saw in Reid a "real" person who they could relate to. He struggled with expressing his feelings with words. He showed her how he felt all the time. He was sincere, honest and didn't tell her what she wanted to hear if it wasn't true for him. He was cautious about laying it all out there too fast. He told her over and again he took things slowly.

Yet Jillian pushed him time and again to open up and even gave him an ultimatum at the end of FD that time was running out. If she knew Ed was the one she was falling for and really wanted all along why push Reid to tell her what she wanted to hear. She didn't do that with Kip. Kip didn't lay it all out there for her either.

She even led the viewer with lines like "I like who I am when I am with Reid. I am myself with him, he is the person I can most relate to, we are different but there is something there that wants to work, yada yada yada." People were drawn into the story that they were both being true to themselves.
    She even told him he had everything she was looking for except she wasn't sure if he would commit. She misled him into hoping that he still had a chance.

Did she question Ed or Kip about anything they told her as often as she did Reid? Somehow every time Reid stepped up it never was enough for her.
    Jillian has to take some of the responsibility for the way she handled her relationship with Reid on the show. They can only edit what was said between them.

With all the "rumors" circulating about Ed, she has entered into an engagement with him with a cloud hanging over them. Is she that guillible to buy whatever he says. She never had a HTD with him which means she never got to see how he lived and see his friends and/or favorite spots. Did the PTB do this intentionally to avoid the risk of her finding out something about him if they filmed in Chicago? He was supposed to be cleaning up the mess while in Chicago as she was going on her HTDs.

Why would she buy into everything he said without checking things out first before accepting a proposal from him? Even if Ed had told her he had a gf and he broke up would she believe it so readily from someone she barely spent time with, much less than the other two guys. She met the entire families of Kip and Reid. But only his parents in HI? Why not a few of his siblings? It sounds very shady on so many levels? Was it all staged or were some of it a cover up?

How she deals with Reid at the ATFRC will be the only interesting bit to watch.

I feel for Jillian, she comes across more as a defiant, insecure woman who still can't get past the bad boys. She has changed her stance a bit as if to justify her actions after the fact. As always JMO! Trying to make sense of her reasoning.

Seeker, good post. There are so many unanswered questions...just basic logic. I will take Chris' advice and watch the show with a bottle of something strong...more than a Napa Cab.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3613153;
    Jillian's words again. So is she describing Reid showing up as the "funny twist" and you don't know whether she ended up with one person or not (but I thought she knew in her heart what she needed to do) and it's interesting to watch (she rejected Reid again, and that's "interesting" to watch) but she ends up with one person (Ed, because we just might be confused that he's still in the running) and that's why the final day was extremely interesting.
    If Jillian is describing Reid as the "funny twist" I question her sense of humor if she picks Ed.:nono

Sorry to say but Jillian may have a lot of people disliking her who just watch the tv show because everyone I know that watches it loves Kip and Reid and cannot stand Ed. But it's her life!! Don't think Ed and Jillian will make it at all.....I will be shocked if they do.

Even though I am saddened by the fact that Jillian turned down Reid again.. I will respect her decision in choosing Ed. I wish them both happiness. Good luck and God Bless!
    As for me and this show... I am done.

Take care all..

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by moxie 48;3613157;
    Sorry, but I am way behind reading posts, so sorry if this has been discussed.

Knowing who she selected, why would they she did ladies proud with her selection? From where I sit, it seems like she did everything wrong!
    If she truly picked Ed, I absolutely agree with you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3613142;
    I still wonder if part of her "insecurity" with Reid was the real, raw emotions she was feeling. Better to go with what you know (the bad boy~have fun with "it" guy) than put yourself out there and open yourself up to something real and fresh that may hurt in the end. I think Jillian has been down the "ed" road before, and so she knows how to handle herself while the realtionship runs its course. Sometimes the familiar is the safer route. JMHO
    Simply put, I think she was scared of her feelings - remember when Reid asked her if she was sure she made the right move to send him at f3 she said she didn't know how sure she was supposed to be. Just seems she screwed herself in the end.