Page 7 of 939 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579397;
    I really don't think TPTB care as much as everyone thinks about how the Bacha edits look at all.. People watch this show no matter if they are endeering or not in their editting . MTV has a great following and mainly because some of the shows have slot of DRAMA , especially inappropriate and sexually suggestive.
    I think ED, the " comeback kid" as CH has dubbed him , will make a full " comeback" in the LCD's and I suspect there's will be especially hot and romantic .
    I also bet after in a VO there will be big smiles and declarations from Jill how " it was there" , that physical connection.. Wink wink .. Not that to anything
    But symbolically as to further redeem ED's image ..
    I do agree with you Goldie2 -- if they give him a hot and steamy LCD -- then yes they MAY redeem him. But I felt they were hot and heavy before the ED moment. Why even put that in there? If he is the final one, just let us believe it was undeniable hot sex. Chemistry perfect!!! IDK I still think they threw him under the bus. And perhaps we will find out why they did.

Yes he may be The Comeback Kid, but I still believe Reid is Mr. Invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3579383;
    Everything out of Reid's mouth I believe because he was real and honest.
    I believe him because he did what he did (or rather didn't do what he didn't do) in spite of what was pretty clear to him would be the consequence of doing (not doing) it.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3579417;
    I believe him because he did what he did (or rather didn't do what he didn't do) in spite of what was pretty clear to him would be the consequence of doing (not doing) it.
    Wow that was a funny post -- a real tongue twister . But i think we totally agree that Reid acted from his heart and not from a script.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3579270;
    Michael said something else I think....anybody remember?
    Michael said "I love this girl more than anything in the world".

I still stand by Reid saying "I love you more than anything in this world". We shall see, he's expected to show up on the finale.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3579416;
    I do agree with you Goldie2 -- if they give him a hot and steamy LCD -- then yes they MAY redeem him. But I felt they were hot and heavy before the ED moment. Why even put that in there? If he is the final one, just let us believe it was undeniable hot sex. Chemistry perfect!!! IDK I still think they threw him under the bus. And perhaps we will find out why they did.

ITA that the steamy sex is not going to redeem him. The problem with him is not so much his issues in the sack this week; it is his general air of inauthenticity. They also threw him under the bus by making him sound Cavemanesque when discussing Jillian. Women watch this show, and a lot of them (me included) wince at that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3579438;
    Michael said "I love this girl more than anything in the world".

I still stand by Reid saying "I love you more than anything in this world". We shall see, he's expected to show up on the finale.
    I'm 100&#37; confident that it was Michael who said, "I love you more than anything in the world." It was in a PI, I think after his date with Jillian. He was talking about leaving a note for his lady each morning that would say those words.

I think "I love this girl more than anything in the world" was used in a promo, but it was spliced. He said "I love this girl" at another point, and they strung the two comments together to seem like they were in the same sentence.

Seriously. Ask atem or someone, if you want further proof. I bet she'll remember.

ETA: Proof that it was Michael: they used "I love you more than anything in the world" in the previews that followed the first episode which aired on May 18th. Reid was cut that same day because they were still filming in Hawaii, so he possibly could not have said it.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsie;3579378;
    One of the commenters on the BT segment from Tuesday morning (I found the link on Jokers) said basically the same thing. maybe she wants the ring more than the right guy (paraphrase)
    Jilly never struck me as desperate. When she first did media about her journey, she specifically said it was not about getting the rock. She was there for the adventure and que sera, sera. Now she's all about the ring. Could it be the producers are the desperate ones for a happy ending, to somehow erase last season in our minds?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579397;
    I think the arguement that " there has never Been ...." is slowly fading as they experiment with this new demographic.. Competing with MTV, VH1, etc..and push the envelope alittle further.. There has never been anyone who left and came back, to win , until ED.. so I see that as less reliable anymore..

I really don't think TPTB care so much as about how the Bachs edits look at all..ie Jason .. People watch this show no matter if the leads are sqeaky clean or not in their edits . MTV has a great following and mainly because some of the shows have alot of sexual DRAMA , especially if its somewhat inappropriate and sexually suggestive.

I think ED, the " comeback kid" as CH has dubbed him , will make a full " comeback" in the LCD's and I suspect Ed's LCD will be especially hot and romantic , clearing up any issue or doubts.Not anything racey, but enough to redeem him.

I also bet after in a VO there will be big smiles and declarations from Jill how " it WAS there" , that physical connection.. Wink wink .. Not that to anything
    But symbolically as to further redeem ED's image ..and F1 status..
    I can see it already..
    Gosh! So this Bach. season has become the Three Nights of Ed and Jillian since his return to Spain and Hawaii? What happened to the guy who was shy on the rooftop? Whatever happened in Chitown during the hiatus messed him up big, he returns a guy with a different persona, and dull as ever.

I can say it's not just my imagination here, many who rooted for him earlier are questioning this new person. Whatever it was, it doesn't sound like work, it can't change someone's behavior in just two weeks this much. Now can it, unless it was traumatic in some way. JMO!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3579416;

I have heard about how there is nothing passionate on a filmset when they are doing a sexy bit. It is all acting. A number of times I noticed Ed's hands going towards Jill's bottom, but had to stop himself. Or going up Jill's leg, then stop. I feel he was too conscious of the camera's and could not go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579463;
    Jilly never struck me as desperate. When she first did media about her journey, she specifically said it was not about getting the rock. She was there for the adventure and que sera, sera. Now she's all about the ring. Could it be the producers are the desperate ones for a happy ending, to somehow erase last season in our minds?
    Two ways to look at that. Either there was no "match" so they are playing up the proposal thing to just complete the story in the traditional way and looked for a patsy to agree to seal the deal.

OR...

Jillian said she didn't care so much about the proposal but then she fell in love, with a guy that wanted to give her one...so the bar was set for the other guys to step it up, or step aside.