Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3603158;
    I find it amusing that we can decide that she is a lousy judge of character based on a very minute edited version of each guy compared to the amount of time she actually spent with them but feel quite comfortable judging the characters of this show based on the few scraps they decide to show us. Something not right there.
    You have perfectly captured the essence of her (albeit repetitive, and increasingly over the top) position as stated in interviews and blog posts. She's saying, something like:

Seriously people, I'm not stupid, I don't need random internet crazies or neighbors or people on the street to protect me or second guess me. I spent 8 weeks with these people. I'm well aware that it's not "real," that we're being poked and prodded to say and do things on camera, and at the end of the day, please trust me not to make an Ass of myself by accepting a proposal from a complete liar and cad ... unless incidentally I have made a decision that THAT in and of itself is what is best for my life next, so that I can smoothly and successfully transition to my FUTURE ... as a successful interior designer, with TV hosting privileges on the side or whatever. ..or perhaps even see whether there's anything "real" for me and the Final Guy in the real world.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3603172;
    Have you all seen the new Grapevine clip where Kip is narrating - talking about his journey and how he's found love with Jillian? The music playing in the background sounds very melancholy (whereas Ed's music in the piece is "uplifting").

I posted over in the media thread some of what he says. It was very touching. Monday's going to bring the big boo hoo for me, seeing Kip sad.
    At least we've heard rumors that he has moved on and is very happy! (realize they are rumors, but I can't see him staying single for long - he is a great catch!)

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3603172;
    Have you all seen the new Grapevine clip where Kip is narrating - talking about his journey and how he's found love with Jillian? The music playing in the background sounds very melancholy (whereas Ed's music in the piece is "uplifting").

I posted over in the media thread some of what he says. It was very touching. Monday's going to bring the big boo hoo for me, seeing Kip sad.
    I saw it and it was pure torture to watch.
    I support pet adoption!

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3603158;
    I find it amusing that we can decide that she is a lousy judge of character based on a very minute edited version of each guy compared to the amount of time she actually spent with them but feel quite comfortable judging the characters of this show based on the few scraps they decide to show us. Something not right there.
    I was one who didn't care about the girlfriend stuff. I figured they all had lives before the show and they really don't know how they are going to feel for the bach/ette. From what I saw of Ed, I thought he was insecure, hilarious in a dorky kind of way, BUT....with the latest news with him peeing outside in public is just gross and borders on having a screw loose. He is lucky that more didn't come from this, like legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3602976;
    I get what you are saying. Why though if Jillian really wanted Ed, didn't they just go ahead with that story & not give Ed a bad edit? I mean it is an awful F1 edit. I also think that Jillian had to do some fibbing along the way in her interviews...there is no way everything that she said about what she wants in a mate fits Ed..absolutely no way. I think Reid & Kip are fine & hope that they both would turn down an offer to be the next bach.
    I think that was their original plan. I think they scrapped it when they found they might not need a "back up F1." Since we've heard production didn't like Ed, maybe they saw the opportunity to do another "distasteful guy edit" at that point. The edits on the early shows had been done and in episode-time, Ed had just left Jillian in Canada. The whispers became shouts during this 2 week Ed-hiatus, leaving plenty of time for TPTB to do their "Wes is gone so let's throw Ed under the bus" re-edit. He had a great edit up until Hawaii. (They even made us think it was Tanner who called Wes a "country singing turd," remember?) The "Ed is questionable" edit continued with the MTA. I'm curious why they would do that if Jillian picks Ed as her F1. They would have known whether Jillian chose Ed before they began their edit to make Ed look like a buffoon.

The only possible conclusions I can come up with to explain the 180 degree turn in the edit:

Ed is F1 and TPTB don't like either Ed or Jillian
    Ed is F1 and TPTB are all of a similar immaturity level and think he's hilarious
    Ed was not going to be F1 (J chose Reid or Kip)
    Ed was not going to be F1 (J chose no one)
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3602763;
    There are many people who know this story but nobody wants to go on the board with it - so I'm going to post it and take the heat.....not because I dislike Ed, he is irrelevant to me, but because it is true and revealing.
    Ed used to hang out at a certain karaoke bar but was banned a few weeks ago, and has found new watering holes.
    He was drunk one night and urinated on the sidewalk out front. The manager suggested that it was not cool and Ed became verbally abusive. Ed was invited not to return, ever. That's what happened.
    The critics can call it "character assassination" or "salacious rumor" or whatever broken record responses they have, but add it to the other ten or twelve gross stories we know about Ed and draw you own conclusions about him. I haven't heard one similar tale about Kip or Reid or Jake or Michael or Tanner or............
    Ed is a loser.
    It has come to light just exactly what Ed is. Don't you think the rest of the guys could have seen this and thought he was fun to be around but had this drinking problem and more? If the guys knew so did Jillian. This makes me think there was a perfect opportunity for Jillian to push Reid a bit by eliminating him.

I seem to remember that Jillian has said before to Reid and that is she knows what is good for her and what is good for "me and you". Then there is Reid who tells the camera he's confident about Jill and him and how much he cares for her and the Producers took advantage of this. Then she keeps Ed....that's a killer!

I think this all makes sense in the end. Thank you!
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3602763;
    There are many people who know this story but nobody wants to go on the board with it - so I'm going to post it and take the heat.....not because I dislike Ed, he is irrelevant to me, but because it is true and revealing.
    Ed used to hang out at a certain karaoke bar but was banned a few weeks ago, and has found new watering holes.
    He was drunk one night and urinated on the sidewalk out front. The manager suggested that it was not cool and Ed became verbally abusive. Ed was invited not to return, ever. That's what happened.
    The critics can call it "character assassination" or "salacious rumor" or whatever broken record responses they have, but add it to the other ten or twelve gross stories we know about Ed and draw you own conclusions about him. I haven't heard one similar tale about Kip or Reid or Jake or Michael or Tanner or............
    Ed is a loser.

Considering all the stories about Ed's drinking....it's interesting that Jillian would make a statement about thinking Michael would be a good pick for Bachelor since he's not a big drinker. Things that make you go hmmmm?
    I am reluctantly off the Reid train and on the Anyone but Ed caboose!

Here was the quote from Jillian:

"I think Michael Stagliano and his (twin) brother would make good Bachelors. They have such good energy and they're ready to be married and ready to have kids. They're not big drinkers. I feel like America and Canada is really looking for some wholesome TV. I believe that the Stagliano brothers would make excellent Bachelors and would bring back a different level to the show."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3603161;
    She has said that they were sunburnt to the point of blisters and that because of the noise, the airconditioners were shut off, so it was hot. We saw him wipe the sweat from his brow (which people mistook for smelling his armpit)
    The combination made both of them feel sick and nauseous. The two of them fell asleep. As a result, they did not test the romantic compatibility. It was edited to appear that he was impotent.
    Ed gave them everything they needed to edit it that way. A) He didn't perform and B) He described it as he "couldn't."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3603175;
    You have perfectly captured the essence of her (albeit repetitive, and increasingly over the top) position as stated in interviews and blog posts. She's saying, something like:

Seriously people, I'm not stupid, I don't need random internet crazies or neighbors or people on the street to protect me or second guess me. I spent 8 weeks with these people. I'm well aware that it's not "real," that we're being poked and prodded to say and do things on camera, and at the end of the day, please trust me not to make an Ass of myself by accepting a proposal from a complete liar and cad ... unless incidentally I have made a decision that THAT in and of itself is what is best for my life next, so that I can smoothly and successfully transition to my FUTURE ... as a successful interior designer, with TV hosting privileges on the side or whatever. ..or perhaps even see whether there's anything "real" for me and the Final Guy in the real world.
    I find it very sad that this season has reduced Jillian to the point that she's begging folks to just let her be.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I have read so many posts here that don't add up to give the real behind the scenes story.

First it is said PTB decided Ed was f1. sdl's sources say "no love connection". How did PTB know right off the bat so soon after she meets them? Did it have to be love at first sight or nothing at all?

Given that PTB knew details of Ed's social life in Chicago why did they still want him to be f1? Couldn't they have manipulated one of the other guy's story line to get the "she chose????????????" f1 anyways?

They had 30 vs. 25 guys this season. When Ed left couldn't they have just left it that way and advanced one other guy to the storyline and still got her to the end with a f1?

Network and PTB control the contract and purse strings, so why were they letting Ed be a headache during filming and get away with it to the point that it psst them off and frustrated them?

Why were they trying to clean up Ed's mess in Chicago? Why was it their job to clean up his mess even when he got back to Spain?

I understand they didn't want the details to go public while filming, but wouldn't it be better to cut their losses and shift the story line? This is a reality show twists and turns are par for the course.

If Ed was demanding and arrogant, screwing with the filming why were they even putting up with him through it all?

Ed is supposed to be PTB puppet, so why was he able to manipulate and stress the PTB so much?

Is Ed holding something over the PTB and network's head?

Does Ed have connections at the network that forced his Ed is f1 storyline?

Why are the PTB psst enough to show Ed with the ED problem, "flatulence" clip at MTA, and whatever else to throw him under the bus?

Why would they throw him under the bus and still keep him till the end as f1?

Instead of the phoney-baloney, saccharin sweet "ILU" at the ATFRC, give us some reasonable answers would be good. Something is very fishy. Will anyone expose the truth from this season? Maybe write a tell all book. If network sues them they can use their book earnings to pay the $5 million dollars.

Anyone with any answers here?
    Last edited by seeker; 07-23-2009 at 12:06 PM.