Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3603075;
    But I really do think it is Kip.
    From your keyboard to God's ears. She could do worse than to run around to GMA, The View, Regis & Kelly, etc. with Kip. They might even be able to manage making a friendship out of it.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmomof3;3603136;
    Yes that is the impression I got as to what he was answering. I think she still at this point (YES right before making a lifelong decision by the next show, trying to figure out if they have enough chemistry) - I remember him saying that all of that stuff wasn't due to her but external factors. She was fine with that????? And, that is why I also think she kept him over Reid - she knows he 'loves' her and will probably propose, but she still has to find out if they have chemistry. According to the polls around here she must have found that out in her last date enough to be madly in love and accept a proposal from him. Unbelievable.
    In my opinion all is not as it seems with Ed, she may let Kyp go at Final 2, then Ed still has the unresolved quote in finale previews of him saying "I don't want to hurt her but I have to do this." What if when it is his turn at the podium he spills an unexpected confession telling her sorry but I can' "Pull the Trigger" and changes course yet again as his dad said he respected, life is full of turns. In the meantime Reid comes back (maybe before the other guys show up), Jillian is surprised puts her had over her heart, says "Oh my god" and smiles. Indecisive Reid is now determined to sweep her off her feet so he proposes but she has to take care of other business first then in last five minutes she is free to accept Reid!!!!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3603128;
    In my experience, anyone who has to keep insisting that they are (or in Jillian's case, "have") a good judge of character ... which she says repeatedly ... is probably NOT. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. With all we have seen of Ed (and I realize we saw an edited version), and sdl's latest revelation about him peeing on the sidewalk outside a bar, not to mention the Wes fiasco, I would have to say that Jillian is NOT. Didn't she also say she dated a guy named Ben just because she liked the name? WTH?

On a similar note, what the heck was Ed's explanation to her when she pulled him aside at the last RC to express her concern about their night in the FS? Was he talking in code? Can anyone interpret what he said? I couldn't figure out what he was telling her, except that she didn't have anything to worry about, or something like that ... in relation to what? That he couldn't "perform"? That he really is attracted to her? That he won't fall asleep next time? I couldn't tell what question(s) he was answering and what his answer(s) meant. But apparently Jillian was satisfied with his response. Huh?? If that's what they both call communication, then maybe they really do belong together.

It just seems that especially toward the end, she was much harder on Reid, repeatedly badgering him for specific answers, than she was on Kip and even less on Ed, who it seemed could do no wrong.

I find it amusing that we can decide that she is a lousy judge of character based on a very minute edited version of each guy compared to the amount of time she actually spent with them but feel quite comfortable judging the characters of this show based on the few scraps they decide to show us. Something not right there.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3603155;
    In my opinion all is not as it seems with Ed, she may let Kyp go at Final 2, then Ed still has the unresolved quote in finale previews of him saying "I don't want to hurt her but I have to do this." What if when it is his turn at the podium he spills an unexpected confession telling her sorry but I can' "Pull the Trigger" and changes course yet again as his dad said he respected, life is full of turns. In the meantime Reid comes back (maybe before the other guys show up), Jillian is surprised puts her had over her heart, says "Oh my god" and smiles. Indecisive Reid is now determined to sweep her off her feet so he proposes but she has to take care of other business first then in last five minutes she is free to accept Reid!!!!!!
    I'm all for that But do we know that it is Ed that is saying that about hurting her? and it is not from earlier sometime in the show like before he had to leave for 'work'?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3602554;
    Ed was the one who told us about it in a PI after we saw he was passed out. Are you saying he way lying?
    She has said that they were sunburnt to the point of blisters and that because of the noise, the airconditioners were shut off, so it was hot. We saw him wipe the sweat from his brow (which people mistook for smelling his armpit)
    The combination made both of them feel sick and nauseous. The two of them fell asleep. As a result, they did not test the romantic compatibility. It was edited to appear that he was impotent.

FORT Regular

Be still my heart; but I have lost faith in Jilly.

Ok I will wait a few more days to see if she does come to her senses.

ABE table

Quote Originally Posted by liz60;3603163;
    Be still my heart; but I have lost faith in Jilly.

Ok I will wait a few more days to see if she does come to her senses.

ABE table
    I haven't been on in awhile, and I was just wondering what the ABE table was talking about!?

Bleeding Purple and Gold jch2273's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3603161;
    She has said that they were sunburnt to the point of blisters and that because of the noise, the airconditioners were shut off, so it was hot. We saw him wipe the sweat from his brow (which people mistook for smelling his armpit)
    The combination made both of them feel sick and nauseous. The two of them fell asleep. As a result, they did not test the romantic compatibility. It was edited to appear that he was impotent.
    I understand what your saying and the sitution sounds plausible....but why oh why wouldn't TPTB just show the light being turned out and leave it at that instead of spinning it to E.D.....that just doesn't make sense.... the storyline just reeks of complicity

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3603151;
    From your keyboard to God's ears. She could do worse than to run around to GMA, The View, Regis & Kelly, etc. with Kip. They might even be able to manage making a friendship out of it.
    Have you all seen the new Grapevine clip where Kip is narrating - talking about his journey and how he's found love with Jillian? The music playing in the background sounds very melancholy (whereas Ed's music in the piece is "uplifting").

I posted over in the media thread some of what he says. It was very touching. Monday's going to bring the big boo hoo for me, seeing Kip sad.

FORT Regular

ABE anyone but ED