Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3602993;
    What bothers me the most about her picking him is the fact that he was the one who lied to her about something that mattered to her: the GF. It also bothers me that she went to unprecedented emotional lengths to manipulate Reid into doing something he wasn't ready to do (we'll see, but could be) only to let him down.

I can live with the drinking issue and the "pushing" of Reid, but not the utter callousness and disregard that was displayed by both the primary and her probable F1.

We will see.
    I would have preferred if she let him go around F6 rather than giving him so many opportunites, in a nice gentle patient way, to try and figure out what he was feeling. Because now, I see her getting ripped apart for leading him on, whereas IMO, Jillian was giving him the utmost opportunites to divulge his feelings, whether they were what she wanted to hear or not, at least she would know, one way or the other.

I had no idea what he truly felt for her, until he was in the limo, when he said he was falling in love with her. Up until that point, was he just shy, was he thinking he had to tell her things that she wanted to hear, what exactly was it? I really didn't know.

Maybe it took him to get cut to realize how he felt, however, I know generally speaking, people who may be undecisive with certain things in their life, usually know what they want after its too late.

For me personally, showing me you care is very nice, and important, but I want to hear it, I don't want to guess when it comes to a realationship.

Who knows, Reid fans or Kip fans might be on cloud nine on Tuesday night! We really don't know at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3602355;
    He's at the rodeo in Texas...
    The lies like this to the Gals Back Home don't bother me much. He's under a $5mm penalty if reveals that in fact he went to a bullfight in Spain (true, I think), not a rodeo in Wes/Jake territory of Texas.

The lies that creeped me out were the Happy Talkie-Talkie, Happy Talk (Cue South Pacific) to Jillian in LA before Spain, and on arriving in Seville about how he couldn't stop thinking about her back home in Chicago. She may well have relied on those sorts of statements. For that reason, those were deceptions of an ucki-er variety to me. Can't be reconciled with (really well proven to me, via non anonymous internet crap postings) his behavior sleeping with other girls every night in Chicago. Ucky.

I think I was the first to post that the whole Extra fantasy suite episode grossed me out. Maybe that's why I was so turned off.

And by the way, why is Jillian whining in Epi 9/10 she doesn't know if she has a connection with Ed because they slept in Maui when she spent the night with him in Spain. These producers suck. They need to hire the Plot Consistency Team from LOST to keep all their lies and manipulations straight.

Nothing we see them say is real, that's my belief. But sometimes you can see if there's something real there or not. Like when Andy Baldwin told Tessa after the proposal that "it's just us!" or words to that effect. You just knew they'd spent the last 6 weeks wishing the cameras and producers would go away and they could live their own lives ... apart as it turned out. LOL. Welcome to the Bachelor.

But I ramble...

FORT Regular

Ok let me get this straight.

Reid: fun loving, honest, quirky, loyal, consistent, smart
    every man, someone to grow old with

Kip: humanitarian, smart, loyal, athletic, consistent, honest

Ed: banned from a Chicago bar (via DSL) Have you ever been banned from a bar?

Do I have that right? Wow what a choice! If she in fact picks Ed, we will start to see a lot of posts defending him (yes I am suspicious of a few posters) and next Mon, they will rehabilitate him into a knight in shining armour and everyone will say wow what a wonderful choice.

at the ABE table on the Reid train

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3602864;
    I don't understand why she isn't able to see what we see. It just doesn't make any sense. Doesn't she hear the phoniness in his voice when he tells her everything she wants to hear so that he can win and the lack of eye contact when he's monotonically telling her all that stuff? Why isn't she put off by the footage at the MTA? I thought some of it was funny but I would never want MY bf/fiance to behave like that. It was just not classy at all.

This season will truly disgust me if she chooses Ed. I'm sorry... I don't think he's a bad person in general, but he's just not right for Jillian (to me at least), and he lacks what Reid and Kiptyn seem to exude in spades: charm.
    In my experience, anyone who has to keep insisting that they are (or in Jillian's case, "have") a good judge of character ... which she says repeatedly ... is probably NOT. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. With all we have seen of Ed (and I realize we saw an edited version), and sdl's latest revelation about him peeing on the sidewalk outside a bar, not to mention the Wes fiasco, I would have to say that Jillian is NOT. Didn't she also say she dated a guy named Ben just because she liked the name? WTH?

On a similar note, what the heck was Ed's explanation to her when she pulled him aside at the last RC to express her concern about their night in the FS? Was he talking in code? Can anyone interpret what he said? I couldn't figure out what he was telling her, except that she didn't have anything to worry about, or something like that ... in relation to what? That he couldn't "perform"? That he really is attracted to her? That he won't fall asleep next time? I couldn't tell what question(s) he was answering and what his answer(s) meant. But apparently Jillian was satisfied with his response. Huh?? If that's what they both call communication, then maybe they really do belong together.

It just seems that especially toward the end, she was much harder on Reid, repeatedly badgering him for specific answers, than she was on Kip and even less on Ed, who it seemed could do no wrong.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3603128;
    In my experience, anyone who has to keep insisting that they are (or in Jillian's case, "have") a good judge of character ... which she says repeatedly ... is probably NOT. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. With all we have seen of Ed (and I realize we saw an edited version), and sdl's latest revelation about him peeing on the sidewalk outside a bar, not to mention the Wes fiasco, I would have to say that Jillian is NOT. Didn't she also say she dated a guy named Ben just because she liked the name? WTH?

On a similar note, what the heck was Ed's explanation to her when she pulled him aside at the last RC to express her concern about their night in the FS? Was he talking in code? Can anyone interpret what he said? I couldn't figure out what he was telling her, except that she didn't have anything to worry about, or something like that ... in relation to what? That he couldn't "perform"? That he really is attracted to her? That he won't fall asleep next time? I couldn't tell what question(s) he was answering and what his answer(s) meant. But apparently Jillian was satisfied with his response. Huh?? If that's what they both call communication, then maybe they really do belong together.

It just seems that especially toward the end, she was much harder on Reid, repeatedly badgering him for specific answers, than she was on Kip and even less on Ed, who it seemed can do no wrong.
    Yes that is the impression I got as to what he was answering. I think she still at this point (YES right before making a lifelong decision by the next show, trying to figure out if they have enough chemistry) - I remember him saying that all of that stuff wasn't due to her but external factors. She was fine with that????? And, that is why I also think she kept him over Reid - she knows he 'loves' her and will probably propose, but she still has to find out if they have chemistry. According to the polls around here she must have found that out in her last date enough to be madly in love and accept a proposal from him. Unbelievable.

It just seems that especially toward the end, she was much harder on Reid, repeatedly badgering him for specific answers, than she was on Kip and even less on Ed, who it seemed could do no wrong.
    It was MF code. We are not privy to conversations MF doesn't want us to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3602832;
    Ditto. sdl, since you are a Texas guy, and you have some actual insight into the real goings on of this show, what did you think of Jake? What did your source think of Jake? I feel like I get a pretty good read of most people, but he's the first person on this show I can ever remember being unable to form an opinion on. I keep waffling between well mannered and structured, and phony. Just can't figure out if the phony-ness feeling is real, or due to my own biases (i.e. having known a couple of guys who acted like that, and were actually big time jerks).
    I think he's genuine but comes off fake. (Which is a real talent for a man who has done some acting -- I think it' supposed to be the other way around. )

I think he's a nice man, but I'd like five minutes alone with him and I'd spend the entire time telling him to just chill. When he bolted across the table to kiss Jillian because she said the word "marriage," I thought he was going to mow her down in the process. Chill, dude...chill. Nice man, tooooo eager.

(How was that for walking right past the elephant in the living room??)
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3602864;
    I don't understand why she isn't able to see what we see. It just doesn't make any sense. Doesn't she hear the phoniness in his voice when he tells her everything she wants to hear so that he can win and the lack of eye contact when he's monotonically telling her all that stuff? Why isn't she put off by the footage at the MTA? I thought some of it was funny but I would never want MY bf/fiance to behave like that. It was just not classy at all.

This season will truly disgust me if she chooses Ed. I'm sorry... I don't think he's a bad person in general, but he's just not right for Jillian (to me at least), and he lacks what Reid and Kiptyn seem to exude in spades: charm.
    Positing for the sport of it that any real relationship is present there (not sure), the question above is all backwards.

Respectfully, it's about US not being (physically) able to see what she sees ... hours of unaired and even unfilmed interactions. How it "comes out" on camera ... often following explicit prompting and direction from producers with clipboards and story boards and directors ... is for us, for our entertainment (ha).

In my experience, anyone who has to keep insisting that they are (or in Jillian's case, "have") a good judge of character ... which she says repeatedly ... is probably NOT. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    Great observation.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3602361;
    A couple of people from Chicago spotted Ed at Bull and Bear this past week. From twitter:
    Someone else saw him a few days ago watching a Sox game at The Bob Inn. (also Chicago)