Page 60 of 939 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3581976;
    In my dating days I had a VERY hard time saying the "L" word, even when I was feeling it very much. The reasons were a) it meant A LOT to me to say it, and b) I was terrified my feelings might not be returned. Reid may well have both of those very same issues. He has no way of knowing if Jillian loves him back---he thinks she does, he wants to be right, but he knows she's got two other guys who she may be feeling it with or feeling it MORE with---hence his choking on the words. It's not an indication that he DOESN"T love her, it's more an indication that he DOES and that it scares the bedoobies out of him to think his feeling may not be returned as strongly as he hopes it is. JMO, as always.
    The look on his face when he said he could say it some time in the future was very endearing. He said he was jealous and wanted to sabotage the other dates while in Spain. He repeated at their picnic it was hard for him to see her with the other guys. Jillian just wanted the words anyways, bec' she was head over heels for him and she wanted that reinforced with words from him.
    Last edited by seeker; 07-17-2009 at 03:55 PM.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3582038;
    I think that he was afraid to say it on national television just a few moments before (possibly) getting dropped on his head and punted back to Philadelphia. Until she is able to say it, too (and he knew she couldn't), I don't think he was going to be able to say it.

That's my guess....
    Good point - lots more painful to be let go if you had said ILY just prior.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

In my dating days I had a VERY hard time saying the "L" word, even when I was feeling it very much. The reasons were a) it meant A LOT to me to say it, and b) I was terrified my feelings might not be returned. Reid may well have both of those very same issues. He has no way of knowing if Jillian loves him back---he thinks she does, he wants to be right, but he knows she's got two other guys who she may be feeling it with or feeling it MORE with---hence his choking on the words. It's not an indication that he DOESN"T love her, it's more an indication that he DOES and that it scares the bedoobies out of him to think his feeling may not be returned as strongly as he hopes it is. JMO, as always.
    It might also be that it takes him awhile to process things and he is actually shocked and dumbfounded that she has just told him she loves him. He processes that, but being Reid, it takes him until he is driving around in the limo to realize that he should have told her he loved her back.

On the other hand, her need to hear it is kind of baffling cause in Banff she tells Chris...easy on the 'h' word, in Spain she tells Reid she likes what she hears, then all of a sudden in Hawaii she says....for these purposes ( what purposes? ) I need you to tell me.....

So, I think he might not have fully understood, in his processing, just what exactly she was saying to him. Women know what that would mean, but if Reid didn't understand the game, having not seen this show before, then is it that farfetched that he truly didn't understand that she must have the 'l' word come out at that point in time?

That's true. I think during the dinner in Spain he even asked her if she could go first. Fear of rejection is pretty powerful, especially on a show where a guy was dumped on the train tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3582050;
    That is funny! !!! When I pointed out the green bathing suit to my DH he was like -- hey, the guy has great legs -- maybe he was just trying to show them off! I think Ed might have other issues but I bet he has a good sense of humor. This could be why he is still there. We know Jilly loves a good sense of humor.
    I don't have a problem with the kelly green short shorts, but that tank top just screams NASCAR / Budweiser to me. Dang, now I've gone and revealed that I am in fact quite a snob. Forgive. He prepped out well enough in LA and Canada, and even Spain, but I must join the crowd in saying that his clothes in Maui look like he was put up to wearing them by some gang of fraternity brothers as a gag on the show.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lily'sMom;3581456;
    Ed is a dead ringer for Jeffery Dean Morgan......He plays Denny on Grey's anatomy.......I wish I knew how to bring in pics!
    I agree with this one, too - my hub and neice and I all watch and even though my hub doesn't watch Grey's, he does know who JDM is!!

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3582081;
    I don't have a problem with the kelly green short shorts, but that tank top just screams NASCAR / Budweiser to me. Dang, now I've gone and revealed that I am in fact quite a snob. Forgive. He prepped out well enough in LA and Canada, and even Spain, but I must join the crowd in saying that his clothes in Maui look like he was put up to wearing them by some gang of fraternity brothers as a gag on the show.
    I really think he was trying to dress funny on that episode. At first I thought it was because he works in computers. But then I realized he was just trying to be funny. . . really. . . the stripey jacket at the RC? It was a dare or something.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3581836;
    Precisely, if you add in this missing dialogue and take "MF" out of it, as he does not have that sort of detailed role in the production anymore:

Producer: Try these on. They are all the rage in Spain these days.

Ed: They seem short on me. Do you think they make me look fat?

Producer: Oh gosh, not at all. And this light blue TANK TOP would really show your furry chest to its best advantage. It's a killer combo. You should wear it always.

Ed: Are you SURE? In the mirror they make me look kind of fat and weird.

Producer: Oh, not on camera, Ed. On CAMERA, you look smoking hot, I swear to God.
    You are hilarious!!! This had me laughing out loud!
    Last edited by ryanfan4vr; 07-17-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Misspelling

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3582065;
    That's true. I think during the dinner in Spain he even asked her if she could go first. Fear of rejection is pretty powerful, especially on a show where a guy was dumped on the train tracks.
    Oh man, you just got me started laughing again....have you seen the post someone made up on one of the other threads that said (paraphrasing here):

Dear God,

Thank you for giving me the edit where I'm kicked off the train, lost and alone, in the middle of the Canadian wilderness. Amen

Robby

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3582081;
    I think Ed does have a humorus side, (or he certainly wouldn't be so confident in those hideous clothes!)..He is probally fun to hang out with, go about town, have a few drinks. Personally I don't think I would trust him as far as I could see him. Not boyfriend material to me but certianly a friend who is a boy material!