Page 6 of 939 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise;3579319;
    There is casting doubt and then there is totally humiliating someone on TV. For a guy, what's worse than implying he has ED? And then there are the comments he made about her, I know some people got turned off by that. That's definitely not a romantic way to talk about someone you're falling in love with. Ed is definitely not a gentleman.
    You are so right! That was first class running someone under the bus and crushing them.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579297;
    thoughts about ED's edit..
    I think there is a definite difference in the Ed edit before he left and after he came back..
    In the beginning he was portrayed as more of a regular guy.An everyman.Came on the show,not any major expectations,was very career driven,no time for love,etc.
    His original edit was a " workaholic with no time for love"..
    Once there was an established strong connection with Jill and he left for his work issues TPTB knew that if /when he would return they would have to play up another angle.They could not play up a guy who is a workaholic because he has now returned , left his job again, to return for Jill.

They needed a new edit "decoy"since alot of viewers thought it was a "slam dunk" when he came back that she would choose him,not all,but alot of casual viewers.
    They used the Spain dates for Ed to catch up...all is well so far..no real issues since they were still dealing with the Wes storyline conclusion.
    So at the point of the FD's in HI "the comeback Kid" as CH has dubbed him seems to be all caught up,his parents have met Jill, all is in place for a straight shot to the finale.

The one thing about this show is that it is never going to be portaryed as a straight shot for the F1 on this show.There will always be doubt cast for DRAMA.SO people will watch the until the very end.
    TPTB really could care less anymore how good or bad the F1 looks .They can always redeem his edit in the finale anyway.They need drama and suspence to hold the viewers interest.Like Bloomers said,they are competing with the MTV generation reality shows where sex and inappropraite behavior mean ratings.
    So during the FD' they could not play up their attraction,they needed to downplay their connection to hold suspence until the finale.
    Ed took one for the Team ,the Jill and ED team, on the "FD issue".I heard they were both EXHAUSTED and really wanted the crew to leave them alone.
    I heard it was 4:45 in the morning when they were filming the FD for them,check Ed's watch..
    I have no doubts that Ed and Jill are just fine in the physical attraction /chemistry department.(Jill even said she was wondering "what happens after the honeymoon stage is over?"to Ed on the boat.)
    I think they used what they needed to for ratings and suspence to cast doubt on Ed,the presumptive F1 after he returned.
    Really,what better thing can you really use at that point to cast real doubt ?
    I think Ed seems to have a good sense of humor and can laugh at himself ..Although this was a very tough Edit" card" to draw..in the end it really won't matter.
    All's well that ends well ...that's what this show is about.
    I agree that TPTB are rather callous--however I don't remember an F1 ever getting a negative edit. Doubts yes, this harsh no. Deanna's edit wasn't the best (worse in the beginning, softened in the end--but she didn't even end up being picked.) Molly got a fairly bad edit--because at that time TPTB didn't know that Jason was going to end up with her (in theory at least--RS believes that they did know....) I could see a more dubious edit at the beginning, then it progressing to an F1 edit as the series progresses. But it seems odd that they would give Ed a better edit in the beginning, and kind of throw him under the bus towards the end (last impressions and all.....) JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3579344;
    She couldn't very well come out in her blog and she she liked him less. It would ruin the suspense of does she take him back. IMO she was just playing the company line. If she liked him better than the other two IMO she would have taken him farther. There was plenty of time left for Reid to open up. If Reid is who she loved the most and cut him, IMO she looks like she will just settle for whoever can give her a proposal or whatever.
    Jillian doesn't strike me as a person who will settle. I believe she would select no one b4 she would settle. Maybe that is the exact reason why TPTB allow Reid to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579202;
    You just don't let someone go that you really want,especially on a "speed" dating show like this.
    Jason did precisely that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3579351;
    Jillian doesn't strike me as a person who will settle. I believe she would select no one b4 she would settle. Maybe that is the exact reason why TPTB allow Reid to come back.
    To be honest, I do think she would settle because she's desperate for the ring and must get engaged before the end or else. I'm just hoping Reid got there in time to intercept any ridiculousness she was planning on.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579297;
    I think Ed seems to have a good sense of humor and can laugh at himself ..Although this was a very tough Edit" card" to draw..in the end it really won't matter.
    Really, you think that it won't really matter that he was portrayed as a guy who was with a woman he professed to love, for the first time alone and without cameras, she was wearing a piece of tissue paper, there had been a little alcohol, and they were in a beautiful Hawiian resort rubbing oil all over one another's bodies....and then he told a national television audience that "it didn't happen." Both in the moment and in his PI, it looked like it mattered quite a bit.

I think it might be the only thing anyone remembers about him. "Wasn't he the one that...." I feel sorry for him. In a way, I hope he ends up with Jillian forever and ever and ever. Because that's how long it's going to be before he lives this down.

What on earth did he do to get this edit???

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3579367;
    To be honest, I do think she would settle because she's desperate for the ring and must get engaged before the end or else. I'm just hoping Reid got there in time to intercept any ridiculousness she was planning on.
    One of the commenters on the BT segment from Tuesday morning (I found the link on Jokers) said basically the same thing. maybe she wants the ring more than the right guy (paraphrase)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3579367;
    I completely agree with you on her wanting a ring. Afterall, this show is about finding a fiancee and getting engaged. Yes people, it is!!! I believe she got caught up in the moment, and had to let Reid go since he was the smartest saying -- I'm just not there -- I could be but just not yet. I do believe in finding a person after 6 weeks but then we have to add in the 29 other prospects. Everything out of Reid's mouth I believe because he was real and honest. Mr. Ed :nono:nono just can't believe it. I'm sorry Ed fans but it's just too hard to digest.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totti10;3579350;
    I agree that TPTB are rather callous--however I don't remember an F1 ever getting a negative edit. Doubts yes, this harsh no. Deanna's edit wasn't the best (worse in the beginning, softened in the end--but she didn't even end up being picked.) Molly got a fairly bad edit--because at that time TPTB didn't know that Jason was going to end up with her (in theory at least--RS believes that they did know....) I could see a more dubious edit at the beginning, then it progressing to an F1 edit as the series progresses. But it seems odd that they would give Ed a better edit in the beginning, and kind of throw him under the bus towards the end (last impressions and all.....) JMO.
    I think the arguement that " there has never Been ...." is slowly fading as they experiment with this new demographic.. Competing with MTV, VH1, etc..and push the envelope alittle further.. There has never been anyone who left and came back, to win , until ED.. so I see that as less reliable anymore..

I really don't think TPTB care so much as about how the Bachs edits look at all..ie Jason .. People watch this show no matter if the leads are sqeaky clean or not in their edits . MTV has a great following and mainly because some of the shows have alot of sexual DRAMA , especially if its somewhat inappropriate and sexually suggestive.

I think ED, the " comeback kid" as CH has dubbed him , will make a full " comeback" in the LCD's and I suspect Ed's LCD will be especially hot and romantic , clearing up any issue or doubts.Not anything racey, but enough to redeem him.

I also bet after in a VO there will be big smiles and declarations from Jill how " it WAS there" , that physical connection.. Wink wink .. Not that to anything
    But symbolically as to further redeem ED's image ..and F1 status..
    I can see it already..
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-16-2009 at 06:29 PM.

We saw both of them discussing how it was not there....and then two weeks later wink wink we're supposed to believe they were just kidding about it?

Seriously, do 30 year-old men kid about this sort of thing on national television?? If they do, they are starring in a sit-com not a reality program. No 30 year-old in his right mind kids about this on TV unless he has a SAG card...and even then, he's probably going to think twice about whether being the guy who can't have sex with the hot girl in Hawaii is really the image he wants.