Page 59 of 939 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3581816;
    Jillian may or may not take Reid back, I don't know.
    However, it's really beyond my comprehension that IF she likes him that much, why doesn't she take him to F2, cut Kip, so Reid can meet her parents, and spend more time with him to "grill" him at LCD?
    Is it too much that I ask for some logics in this heavily-scripted show?
    I asked this question earlier: Why have we seen no footage of Ed and Kip seeing her parents in the previews?

Something different is going on this season.

Some of us are convinced that Reid's departure was Jillian/producer-driven to "speed up" his decision-making and, perhaps, make it less obvious he could be The One. Right now, he's only on our radar... and those observant Reid fans who noticed something different about that limo speech.

I guess this is another reason we got all of that neurotic/over-analyzing stuff. Critics thought these were "red flags" preventing him from being F1. Now, we all realize these only increase the Final Five Minute suspense: Will or won't he come back for her?

I'm now getting an image of a Hawaiian airport and somebody saying... gee, maybe I should go to Harry Winston instead! (On Fleiss' tab, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3581836;
    Precisely, if you add in this missing dialogue and take "MF" out of it, as he does not have that sort of detailed role in the production anymore:

Producer: Try these on. They are all the rage in Spain these days.

Ed: They seem short on me. Do you think they make me look fat?

Producer: Oh gosh, not at all. And this light blue TANK TOP would really show your furry chest to its best advantage. It's a killer combo. You should wear it always.

Ed: Are you SURE? In the mirror they make me look kind of fat and weird.

Producer: Oh, not on camera, Ed. On CAMERA, you look smoking hot, I swear to God.
    even better this is so funny, I have tears in my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3582008;
    I asked this question earlier: Why have we seen no footage of Ed and Kip seeing her parents in the previews?

Some of us are convinced that Reid's departure was Jillian/producer-driven to "speed up" his decision-making and, perhaps, make it less obvious he could be The One. Right now, he's only on our radar... and those observant Reid fans who noticed something different about that limo speech.

I guess this is another reason we got all of that neurotic/over-analyzing stuff. Critics thought these were "red flags" preventing him from being F1. Now, we all realize these only increase the Final Five Minute suspense: Will or won't he come back for her?

I'm now getting an image of a Hawaiian airport and somebody saying... gee, maybe I should go to Harry Winston instead! (On Fleiss' tab, of course.)
    Maybe those will be shown after the MTA?

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3581976;
    In my dating days I had a VERY hard time saying the "L" word, even when I was feeling it very much. The reasons were a) it meant A LOT to me to say it, and b) I was terrified my feelings might not be returned. Reid may well have both of those very same issues. He has no way of knowing if Jillian loves him back---he thinks she does, he wants to be right, but he knows she's got two other guys who she may be feeling it with or feeling it MORE with---hence his choking on the words. It's not an indication that he DOESN"T love her, it's more an indication that he DOES and that it scares the bedoobies out of him to think his feeling may not be returned as strongly as he hopes it is. JMO, as always.
    ok. that makes sense. I'm married to an ENFJ and we throw the "L" word around alot at our house. No hesitations when we were dating, either. Just different families, different personality types, different past hurts, etc. and of course the pressures of TB and TV -- I keep forgetting how that makes people tense up, too. . .
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;3581994;
    Yeah, the bendy part..
    Sorry, I'll go away now. But that was a tailor made set-up.
    You win the prize!!! Would you like a pair of green mankinis or a half-used bottle of massage oil?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3582008;

That will come out in little dribs and drabs up until the finale, maybe a new commercial after the MTA airs. We haven't even been shown that Reid returns yet.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3581913;
    Just one question for the Reid fans out there. Why do you think he had such a hard time saying the "L" word if he was really feeling it? Seems like it would just be something you naturally say to someone when you are aware that is how you feel. Keep in mind, that is essentially why you would set your life aside for all these weeks and travel the globe. LOVE -- that's what this show is all about, right? I can understand a hesitancy to propose, but not a holding back on the "L" word, unless you just are truly unsure. I could understand saying it in private -- like in the FS -- but I have a hard time understanding why it would be so hard to choke those words out. . . Just wondering what you girls think?
    I think that he was afraid to say it on national television just a few moments before (possibly) getting dropped on his head and punted back to Philadelphia. Until she is able to say it, too (and he knew she couldn't), I don't think he was going to be able to say it.

That's my guess....

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3582024;
    You win the prize!!! Would you like a pair of green mankinis or a half-used bottle of massage oil?
    I'll take what's behind door number F3, er 3. Thank you...

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3581836;
    Precisely, if you add in this missing dialogue and take "MF" out of it, as he does not have that sort of detailed role in the production anymore:

Producer: Try these on. They are all the rage in Spain these days.

Ed: They seem short on me. Do you think they make me look fat?

Producer: Oh gosh, not at all. And this light blue TANK TOP would really show your furry chest to its best advantage. It's a killer combo. You should wear it always.

Ed: Are you SURE? In the mirror they make me look kind of fat and weird.

Producer: Oh, not on camera, Ed. On CAMERA, you look smoking hot, I swear to God.
    That is funny! !!! When I pointed out the green bathing suit to my DH he was like -- hey, the guy has great legs -- maybe he was just trying to show them off! I think Ed might have other issues but I bet he has a good sense of humor. This could be why he is still there. We know Jilly loves a good sense of humor.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3582038;
    I think that he was afraid to say it on national television just a few moments before (possibly) getting dropped on his head and punted back to Philadelphia. Until she is able to say it, too (and he knew she couldn't), I don't think he was going to be able to say it.

That's my guess....
    Agreed. He needed to know that she was only with him and not with 2 other men, especially sleeping with two other men while he was professing his undying love and her only response could be "thanks!" He was just being a normal person. Of course, once he got in the limo, realized he lost her, he started confessing his undying love pretty darn quickly!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City