Page 58 of 939 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3581913;
    Just one question for the Reid fans out there. Why do you think he had such a hard time saying the "L" word if he was really feeling it? Seems like it would just be something you naturally say to someone when you are aware that is how you feel. Keep in mind, that is essentially why you would set your life aside for all these weeks and travel the globe. LOVE -- that's what this show is all about, right? I can understand a hesitancy to propose, but not a holding back on the "L" word, unless you just are truly unsure. I could understand saying it in private -- like in the FS -- but I have a hard time understanding why it would be so hard to choke those words out. . . Just wondering what you girls think?
    I think part of it was the amount of time that he knew her. Even if he was feeling it emotionally probably mentally he thought it was too soon time wise to say that regardless of his feelings. Hence he felt more comfortable saying I like you a lot, have strong feelings, etc. IMO I also think the straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that she was dating and possibly being intimate (getting weird cards) with two other guys. I think it was a combination of those two things.

Just one question for the Reid fans out there. Why do you think he had such a hard time saying the "L" word if he was really feeling it? Seems like it would just be something you naturally say to someone when you are aware that is how you feel. Keep in mind, that is essentially why you would set your life aside for all these weeks and travel the globe. LOVE -- that's what this show is all about, right? I can understand a hesitancy to propose, but not a holding back on the "L" word, unless you just are truly unsure. I could understand saying it in private -- like in the FS -- but I have a hard time understanding why it would be so hard to choke those words out. . . Just wondering what you girls think?
    My impression? That he saves the words "I love you" until he knows that's the feeling he has. Unlike some guys who use it to get the girl in bed or who don't have a clue what it actually means.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

In my dating days I had a VERY hard time saying the "L" word, even when I was feeling it very much. The reasons were a) it meant A LOT to me to say it, and b) I was terrified my feelings might not be returned. Reid may well have both of those very same issues. He has no way of knowing if Jillian loves him back---he thinks she does, he wants to be right, but he knows she's got two other guys who she may be feeling it with or feeling it MORE with---hence his choking on the words. It's not an indication that he DOESN"T love her, it's more an indication that he DOES and that it scares the bedoobies out of him to think his feeling may not be returned as strongly as he hopes it is. JMO, as always.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3581948;
    .OMG! I still remember her look vividly. In 18th years of bachelor/b'ette shows who would you rank as the top 10 "characters" ever to be on the shows. One qualification they must have is: totally out there...... like Rotting eggs doctor.

Also in the same way who would the top 3 weird characters be on each season?
    We'll probably find more in recent years than earlier seasons.
    Can't remember her name off the top of my head, but "VisionBoardChick" from Jason's. The look on his face when she told him about it was priceless.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Regular

Ok guys without analyzing who is best for her etc etc just ask yourself, which F1 person would be the most surprizing to you? 90 percent of our posts here are about either ED or REID (well OK I didn't really analyze it but it seems like that's about right) So for maximum surprize it has to be Kip. Every year they surprize us so I am guessing just on this basis alone, it is Kip.

Of course, I hope hope hope I am wrong because I absolutely adore Reid.
    But that is of course because the editing made him the "good guy", Wes the "bad guy" Ed the (?) and Kip not a lot of air time. Nine days till we can all get back to our own lives.

TEAM REID

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3581976;
    In my dating days I had a VERY hard time saying the "L" word, even when I was feeling it very much. The reasons were a) it meant A LOT to me to say it, and b) I was terrified my feelings might not be returned. Reid may well have both of those very same issues. He has no way of knowing if Jillian loves him back---he thinks she does, he wants to be right, but he knows she's got two other guys who she may be feeling it with or feeling it MORE with---hence his choking on the words. It's not an indication that he DOESN"T love her, it's more an indication that he DOES and that it scares the bedoobies out of him to think his feeling may not be returned as strongly as he hopes it is. JMO, as always.
    That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581738;
    You've been peeking at the storyboard again! Do you think they had to draw straws for their respective roles? Poor Ed, he must have picked the short straw!
    Yeah, the bendy part..
    Sorry, I'll go away now. But that was a tailor made set-up.

FORT Regular

You know, I read an interview w/Jillian recently (can't for the life of me remember where) in which she stated that she had a good idea who her F1 was going to be for most of the time, but that part of the process was meeting other guys and giving them another chance. For me, this really indicated Ed as the F1. For one thing, she even says to his mom that she was concerned that if he hadn't come back, she might not have been okay at the end of it with her choice (my inference from this is that before he left, he was her top choice). She also says to him on the boat in Maui, "How did this happen so fast," i.e, "How did these feelings - serious feelings - happen so fast." She also says in her FS PI that "he's been the one guy I've wanted to spend the night with," (actually, I'm paraphrasing, but it's eomthing like that). And given that she has gone on record saying hers wasn't a difficult choice to make, this again points back to her frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581926;
    SD, that question has been asked and asked but no one seems to have an answer for it except that it was some kind of "test" for Reid.

I completely agree, that if she didn't at least as strong of feelings for the other guys, she would have given Reid another chance. She didn't, she was tired of working so hard for nothing, ipso facto Reid is gone.
    This question has been answered multiple time with more theories than just a test for Reid, something I don't believe. The theories floating around are: coerced to so by producers for maximum drama when they bring him back, being afraid that he would never feel the same way and she'd be standing there alone at the end, and having to choose her F1 at the last RC because Kip was guaranteed a F2 spot to become the Bach and being confused because he had just said ILY- something he didn't say to her in person on the bench . Any of these true? I don't know but they have all been talked about in detail.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3581976;
    I think you hit the nail on the head. He just has a hard time voicing his emotions. He has them, but just can't say it. He was hurt before and his mother thought he would be very cautious.