Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601230;
    WHY WHY WHY would they do that??? Wouldn't it just be easier to use Ed's g/f issues on the show? But instead they made up crap about Wes and a g/f when they had a guy right in the palm of their hands who they knew had one?????
    Maybe the Wes gf drama was just a lead-in to soften the viewers up for the big gf drama in the finale. I mean, we hear Jillian say repeatedly that she makes her own judgments, doesn't believe rumors, and gives the benefit of the doubt. She also has said in interviews that she would forgive and take someone back if she thought they were still a good match. So, we've already seen her work through gf issues with one guy by the time Ed levels (to what degree remains to be seen) with her in the finale. Supposedly makes it easier to buy her keeping Ed in the end since we've seen her do that with Wes already.

??????

I know, I'm grasping at straws here. I would like for at least SOME of it to make sense!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3601292;
    Maybe I'm over simplifying things but I thought the big issue with the GFs was that it was going to get out way before the season filming had ended. Didn't sdl say that over half the season was already filmed and they feared a big backlash and PR issues had it hit the national media at that time so the big deal was the damage control for TPTB.

Think about the re-editing issues or a possibly delay in starting the season on TV had a major leak occured - basically, it was a pain in a** for the network.
    By the time this happened, they hadn't even aired a single episode. Ed didn't play any real role in the show till epi 3. They could have tweaked a little and used it to their advantage? Or they could do this as "damage control"? Whose damage were they controlling? The only person who would have looked bad in this is Ed. And if they care so little for Jill that they would blackmail a guy into pretending he loves her, then they sure as heck do not care enough about Ed to...to...to...what? Still unsure about what exactly they did to help him out, since he was busted any way you look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3601327;
    I wouldn't think that Jillian would use the words "dramatic" and "agony" just because Reid returned, unless it momentarily caused her to doubt her choice. She cut Reid at F3, if she was so sure of her decision to cut him, and firm in her choice of her F1, his return should of been a minor blip. Tell him thanks, but no thanks, and get on with the FRC. But what if Reid had some news to share about her choice, now that could cause some major drama.
    She also laughs after she says this.

Bears repeating once more, everyone needs to throw the transcripts in the trash and listen to the actual conference. As others have said, there are inaccuracies in the articles and transcripts, and omissions.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3601292;
    Maybe I'm over simplifying things but I thought the big issue with the GFs was that it was going to get out way before the season filming had ended. Didn't sdl say that over half the season was already filmed and they feared a big backlash and PR issues had it hit the national media at that time so the big deal was the damage control for TPTB.

Think about the re-editing issues or a possibly delay in starting the season on TV had a major leak occured - basically, it was a pain in a** for the network.
    OK, but they still had Kip & Reid AND Wes when Ed came back. And when Ed came back in real-time, the first ep. was just about or had just aired. I mean, they intentionally gave Wes the GF at home story. They obviously wanted that storyline for someone, why not give it to the guy that it's TRUE about? They wouldn't have been in any worse shape than they were with Wes -- he was F4. And they still had super-sweeties in Kip & Reid.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3601297;
    Maybe you should re-read those posts from sdl to refresh your memory... there was ALOT they had to 'fix' because of Ed!
    I have read everything he ever wrote about this, and I still have no idea what they did to clean up anything. Care to enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3601246;
    Not if they knew Ed was the one Jill really wanted. They could use Ed as their puppet to get the proposal and supposed happy ending after the mess of last year.
    If Ed is F1 that's what I believe as well. He's nothing more than a puppet. It would be ironic if he should become 'engaged' at the end of this. He will have to do press junkets, make appearances, or what ever else they need him to do!! By the terms of the contract there's really nothing he can do... they have got him hog-tied to his hogballs!! It's just unfortunate Jillian might have been a pawn in their game of revenge on Ed.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3601347;
    If Ed is F1 that's what I believe as well. He's nothing more than a puppet. It would be ironic if he should become 'engaged' at the end of this. He will have to do press junkets, make appearances, or what ever else they need him to do!! By the terms of the contract there's really nothing he can do... they have got him hog-tied to his hogballs!! It's just unfortunate Jillian might have been a pawn in their game of revenge on Ed.
    I love Ed, but he's not that important.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3601327;
    I wouldn't think that Jillian would use the words "dramatic" and "agony" just because Reid returned, unless it momentarily caused her to doubt her choice. She cut Reid at F3, if she was so sure of her decision to cut him, and firm in her choice of her F1, his return should of been a minor blip. Tell him thanks, but no thanks, and get on with the FRC. But what if Reid had some news to share about her choice, now that could cause some major drama.
    I would hope it would dramatic and agonizing to cut anyone she really cared about...

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3600679;
    Who's to say Jillian is not doing some 'spin' with that interview? I refuse to believe she chose Ed. Personally, I'd really like to think she has her head on straight and that she has better taste than that. Sorry, JMO. We've seen a completely different picture of Ed from outside the Bachelorette bubble and his edit. This is NOT the type of guy I would want for anyone looking to find love, and wanting to settle down!!
    i read over in JU that this was not fully what she said. The actual transcript could be taken to a different way...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3601336;
    Maybe the Wes gf drama was just a lead-in to soften the viewers up for the big gf drama in the finale. I mean, we hear Jillian say repeatedly that she makes her own judgments, doesn't believe rumors, and gives the benefit of the doubt. She also has said in interviews that she would forgive and take someone back if she thought they were still a good match. So, we've already seen her work through gf issues with one guy by the time Ed levels (to what degree remains to be seen) with her in the finale. Supposedly makes it easier to buy her keeping Ed in the end since we've seen her do that with Wes already.

??????

I know, I'm grasping at straws here. I would like for at least SOME of it to make sense!
    I appreciate the effort and I appreciate the fact that you recognize that THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE