Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601230;
    WHY WHY WHY would they do that??? Wouldn't it just be easier to use Ed's g/f issues on the show? But instead they made up crap about Wes and a g/f when they had a guy right in the palm of their hands who they knew had one?????
    Maybe I'm over simplifying things but I thought the big issue with the GFs was that it was going to get out way before the season filming had ended. Didn't sdl say that over half the season was already filmed and they feared a big backlash and PR issues had it hit the national media at that time so the big deal was the damage control for TPTB.

Think about the re-editing issues or a possibly delay in starting the season on TV had a major leak occured - basically, it was a pain in a** for the network.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3601279;
    That's the question that no one has the answer to, except for maybe possibly he thought Jillian was the one?? Just a thought...
    Or he was scared about what show would do to his reputation and career. Look at what they did to Wes.

And for the record if they are blackmailng Ed I feel bad for him. It's cruel to Ed and Jill.

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601265;
    So, again, what did tptb clean up?????
    Maybe you should re-read those posts from sdl to refresh your memory... there was ALOT they had to 'fix' because of Ed!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Jillian says that if you had a gf or have a gf, let's call her so you can break up with her and we can move forward. SHE DOESN'T CARE IF ED HAD A GF. She made it very clear in the interview today!

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601244;
    And I will go a bit further--WHY WHY WHY would Ed go along with something like this??? He was on a TV show, it wasn't like they could keep him from getting busted by the g/f. And please, if someone says he did it for a trip to Spain and Hawaii (where he sat in a hotel room most of the time) I might scream...
    Yeah, I'm really unclear as to what Ed had to gain from being TPTB's puppet if his relationships at home were already blown to smithereens and he didn't like Jillian. If he didn't like Jillian, you'd think he'd WANT TPTB to put the bug in her ear that he didn't like her so he could extricate himself from the situation. Once things were all blown up in Chicago, what could TPTB do for Ed that was beneficial to him? Making him pretend to like Jillian? If he didn't like her, that's not beneficial to him. I don't get it. When you strike a deal with someone, it's supposed to provide some benefit to both sides. I can see what TPTB got if Ed agreed to be their puppet. But what did Ed get?
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3601208;
    Blackmailed into what?
    I hardly think he needs the money and I think the BS he has had to put up with from his edit , rumors and lies would show he is being "blackballed " by TPTB, frat term, rather than being blackmailed.
    Maybe ABC didn't like that ED wouldn't play all their games and be a manipulated puppet....maybe ED really fell in love with Jill and they are genuiley happy and going to try and make it work.
    Yeah, I think that's it.
    How exactly do they blackmail him anyway? Can't he just leave? What are they gonna do threaten to give him an edit to make him look like a laughing stock? Oh, wait...
    Last edited by blhstock; 07-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3601298;
    Jillian says that if you had a gf or have a gf, let's call her so you can break up with her and we can move forward. SHE DOESN'T CARE IF ED HAD A GF. She made it very clear in the interview today!

You could very well be right. Sad if true because it means she has 0 self esteem but I really wouldn't 100% discount it given how she herself states how she has been treated in the past. You teach people how to treat you and she might need a little work in this area.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3601279;
    That's the question that no one has the answer to, except for maybe possibly he thought Jillian was the one?? Just a thought...
    Oh Luvvy, you're so silly, that just COULDN'T POSSIBLY be true--I mean, did you hear the guy drinks and farts???

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3601266;
    Somehow I don't perceive Ed to be the open and honest, reveal it all, type of guy ~ especially when it comes to his girlfriend(s). I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth... yeah, rodeo some rodeo!!
    *sigh* she said today, during the FD she and Ed talked about it. When did this board stop being about Sleuthing and start acting like the National Enquirer

I wouldn't think that Jillian would use the words "dramatic" and "agony" just because Reid returned, unless it momentarily caused her to doubt her choice. She cut Reid at F3, if she was so sure of her decision to cut him, and firm in her choice of her F1, his return should of been a minor blip. Tell him thanks, but no thanks, and get on with the FRC. But what if Reid had some news to share about her choice, now that could cause some major drama.