Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3601210;
    One of the things that bother me re: Ed is he left E5 (Whistler) which is when the possibility of some having girlfriends came up and then he returned at E8 (Spain). Did he level with Jillian then, and if so, what was different about her opinion of someone on the show with existing gf's back home? Why would she think it to be OK for Ed but not for someone else? Leads me to wonder if he did actually level with Jillian.
    Sounds like he shared some of the truth in Hawaii. I'm curious to see if we see this convo. My guess is no if he is F1 because combining that with him leaving for work, ED issue, and now needing to reveal something and then she still picks him doesn't present Jill in a good light.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3601199;
    The exposure probably isn't bad for Reid or Kip either.
    If they're smart they take their paycheck and good edits and run for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3601162;
    I just listened to the teleconference and at the end Jill was talking about Wes and the GF issue and said basically if they had "it" and wanted to move forward then call the girl and end it and well move forward. Something tells me Ed was honest to Jill about his past GF and they worked it out together...
    Where can I listen to the teleconference?

Go Reid!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3601106;
    I absolutely believe ABC would cover Ed's story and use it to their advantage. I have no doubt they would blackmail Ed into doing whatever they want him to do ifn retrun for not revealing g/f on show. I always thought the ED edit was payback and this does nothing to change my mind on that.

Th disappointing end leads me to believe Jill liked Ed best and chose him as F1 but he only stuck around because that was the deal he made. He has to be her F1 in exchange for it not hitting mainstream media. Fleiss is evil.
    WHY WHY WHY would they do that??? Wouldn't it just be easier to use Ed's g/f issues on the show? But instead they made up crap about Wes and a g/f when they had a guy right in the palm of their hands who they knew had one?????

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3601189;
    but she said she knew which one she wanted about a week before the FRC?
    You know we keep say who Jilli picked. Wait the engagement comes from the guy. What if the one she wanted did not offer a ring or a future to her. Is that why "it hurt to hear what he said"? Maybe she really knew she wanted Kip, said from the beginning Kip was the kind of guy she liked but could never get. His previews makes him sound like he might offer, so she might pick him, but he does not follow thru. That would upset her. She can pick all day long but the guy has to offer something toward a future, ring or not.

FORT Fogey

I think it is entirely possible that Jillian is tolerant and accepting of Ed and his GF situation. But that does not mean she made him her F1. True, she is playing the game and apparently played it during the show: but she was was also genuinely emotional for part of it. She forgave Wes and she was more than nice about Tanner. I think she is defending Ed because she is that kind of person, and because she is tired of people questioning her decisions. But IMO, that does not mean that out of all the guys, she picked him to pursue as a partner.

I for one will be happy when this show is over so I dont have to read about GFgate..Its been talked to death...so what if its true or not, if it is MAYBE he didnt expect to come on and find love and he did. Im a true believer in theres good in everyone, and dont judge someone you dont know..and that being said thats the last post I will ever respond to about this subject...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3601140;
    I have noted this in prevous posts (pages way back)...that if there was NO connection, love story this time around choosing Ed would be the logical choice. They will do their required interviews, and photo op times, then go quietly on their seperate ways. They will always have the "drinking" "partying" and g/f issues to blame. After all TPTB have made most of those issues very clear on TV.
    I am tending to agree with you. This scenario fits best with the crazy edit (turning negative-ish after Ed's return) and with the spoilers we've received by well-respected folks on this board. Ed is under contract and at the mercy of TPTB. I always felt things were different after he returned. The interaction between he and Jillian seemed more forced and scripted. I only hope that Jillian is in on the whole thing. I really hope she didn't have strong feelings for someone (Ed or anyone else) that weren't reciprocated.....

**after all the talk about grammar--did I just misuse he/him??????
    Last edited by totti10; 07-22-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: grammar

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601230;
    WHY WHY WHY would they do that??? Wouldn't it just be easier to use Ed's g/f issues on the show? But instead they made up crap about Wes and a g/f when they had a guy right in the palm of their hands who they knew had one?????
    And I will go a bit further--WHY WHY WHY would Ed go along with something like this??? He was on a TV show, it wasn't like they could keep him from getting busted by the g/f. And please, if someone says he did it for a trip to Spain and Hawaii (where he sat in a hotel room most of the time) I might scream...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3601230;
    Not if they knew Ed was the one Jill really wanted. They could use Ed as their puppet to get the proposal and supposed happy ending after the mess of last year.