Page 55 of 939 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581332;
    About #2, I have seen other people post this scenario before and I think it's beyond implausible. One guy is such good friends with another, that he agrees to not sleep with her so the other guy can and then she can let other guy go at the next RC? What?

About #3, I don't even know what to say. She slips him something in his drink? Seriously?

I just want to make sure I have all the conspiracies in order--Jill, Kip and Reid are all in on some kind of plan to let Reid go, the proverbial "kick in the pants" he needs to make a decision (or producer manipulated, whatever you choose to believe), and in the meantime, the plan--agreed to by all parties--is to completely throw Ed under the bus by purposefully making him fall asleep and then calling it something different on the same day TPTB went to the time, expense and effort to fly in his parents from Michigan, tape them, presumably enter into contracts with them, etc. All of this as a machination so we can have an F3 win, so that Fleiss can truly have something happen that has never happen before. Have I got all that straight? Oh my gosh, indeed.
    Jillian may or may not take Reid back, I don't know.
    However, it's really beyond my comprehension that IF she likes him that much, why doesn't she take him to F2, cut Kip, so Reid can meet her parents, and spend more time with him to "grill" him at LCD?
    Is it too much that I ask for some logics in this heavily-scripted show?
    Last edited by SDMOM; 07-17-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: clarificatoin
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581755;
    Except that many of us Ed fans have said till we are blue that we don't even care if the rumors are true. If we are to believe the show the other night, she was sleeping with two other guys while she was "dating" Ed. I have said before, I don't give a rat's azz how many girlfriends he had before, as long as there is only one now. There will be no turning against him from me, I think he's a doll regardless.
    They never even had the "GF-talk", and rather she emasculates him on national TV about his performance anxiety issues. I think the GF rumor is mild in comparison to being pressured into a "command performance" and is a rather moot point now as they may never get past the performance issue.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3581631;
    Is it really important to tell someone "I love you" or "I'm in love with you" all the time. Who needs to be convinced?

////cut////

I don't get Jillian's fixation with wanting to hear the "L" word. Oh well!
    Obviously, Jillian needs to hear things to be convinced. She has made that clear, and I for one, am not going to fault her for it. If you have someone who needs validation with someone who can't give validation, then you have two people who are incompatible.

I have two friends who were like this--she needs this level of communication, he is more reserved and can't give it. They loved each other a great deal. They were in counseling TWICE before they even got married and guess what, they are divorced.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3581751;
    Second shortest. NakedguyBrian got the short one.
    Did you have to remind us of that baffoon?

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3581790;
    I blame whoever told him he looked cute in those shorts...maybe it was a present from MF.

I can see it now:

MF: hey Ed gotcha something (takes out the green shorts) Jillian will love these on you...

Ed: Thanks man, you're the best!

MF: No problem, anytime (wink wink)

Precisely, if you add in this missing dialogue and take "MF" out of it, as he does not have that sort of detailed role in the production anymore:

Producer: Try these on. They are all the rage in Spain these days.

Ed: They seem short on me. Do you think they make me look fat?

Producer: Oh gosh, not at all. And this light blue TANK TOP would really show your furry chest to its best advantage. It's a killer combo. You should wear it always.

Ed: Are you SURE? In the mirror they make me look kind of fat and weird.

Producer: Oh, not on camera, Ed. On CAMERA, you look smoking hot, I swear to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3580459;
    It looks like Helene and she looks great. Did she or Gwen ever marry? I know Brooke did.
    If that's Helene, she must have found the Fountain of Youth and I need to get the directions from her.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Helene a lot...but this woman looks much, much younger.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3581836;
    Precisely, if you add in this missing dialogue and take "MF" out of it, as he does not have that sort of detailed role in the production anymore:

Producer: Try these on. They are all the rage in Spain these days.

Ed: They seem short on me. Do you think they make me look fat?

Producer: Oh gosh, not at all. And this light blue TANK TOP would really show your furry chest to its best advantage. It's a killer combo. You should wear it always.

Ed: Are you SURE? In the mirror they make me look kind of fat and weird.

Producer: Oh, not on camera, Ed. On CAMERA, you look smoking hot, I swear to God.
    I guess Ed had a special gift basket... teeny tiny green bathing suit, teeny tiny black bathing suit (from his time in the mansion), silk bath robe, cucumber mask, and the outfit Tanner wore on the western group date.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3581837;
    If that's Helene, she must have found the Fountain of Youth and I need to get the directions from her.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Helene a lot...but this woman looks much, much younger.
    I do think that's Helen, but I'm really surprised that she's even there. I mean, she never went to the other reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581450;
    I don't think either Kip or Ed is returning either - I was only asking if the same rule would apply to all and if everyone would be embracing it in the same fashion. Say Reid was in the F2 and she opted to go with a returnee?

Also, I don't think we can say what any of these folks motivations for being on the show are at this point (except Wes). The only person she asked was Kip and he told her he wanted to step outside of his comfort zone and try something new.
    Exactly. I think after so many seasons, no one is there to look for true love. As long as they are not there to hurt someone, I really don't care their motivations.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3581816;
    Jillian may or may not take Reid back, I don't know.
    However, it's really my comprehension that IF she likes him that much, why doesn't she take him to F2, cut Kip, so Reid can meet her parents, and spend more time with him to "grill" him at LCD?
    Is it too much that I ask for some logics in this heavily-scripted show?
    Evidently, yes.