Page 54 of 939 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3581751;
    Second shortest. NakedguyBrian got the short one.
    You mean "ole lightswitch Brian"??? Did you see he is is on MTA and starts to strip off his shirt and Jillian says something like "Oh no, you are going to get me in trouble with my Dad"!

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581780;
    I blame the green shorts.
    I blame whoever told him he looked cute in those shorts...maybe it was a present from MF.

I can see it now:

MF: hey Ed gotcha something (takes out the green shorts) Jillian will love these on you...

Ed: Thanks man, you're the best!

MF: No problem, anytime (wink wink)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3581672;
    Ed is getting an edit similar to Jesse in DeAnna's season, though, who also had pretty credible rumors of a gf. It used to be that you could count on F1 being edited in a pretty likable way, but not after Jesse, IMO. I'm not certain Ed is F1 -- and am hoping he's not -- but, unfortunately, I don't think we can rule him out based on edit.
    I agree that Ed certainly can't be ruled out as F1 based on his edit, but I don't really see him as getting a Jesse edit. To me the Jesse edit is the "hidden F1 edit." Yes, Jesse was the first F1 who had some negatives left into his edit, but they were really mostly in regard to his relationship with the other guys (saying he wanted to kick someone in the $&&s 5 times, and talking about punching CH in the neck). Although he wasn't an obvious F1 he did talk about how Deanna looked like she had a closet full of perfection---like it was sprinkled on her like pixie dust, he made a big deal about waiting for his first kiss with her to make sure the timing was right (and like Jesse or not that carriage ride first kiss looked like one heck of a kiss), as episodes progressed he was shown being very sweet to her, being very overwhelmed by his unexpected feelings for her(anyone remember him nearly passing out while buying the ring?), teasing her a little (I don't know if I can accept the fantasy suite until I've met your dad---ha!). His edit was ignored or overlooked because most viewers were so caught up in what they thought was Jason's F1 edit. That's why it was hidden.

Ed's edit, on the other hand, has been very front and center all along. I don't see him as being hidden. He was even brought up in the weeks when he was gone. It's no surprise to anyone that he's in the finals (whereas many were shocked that Jesse made it there).

Also, while Jesse's edit wasn't a classic F1 by any means he did get the "good" underwear shot at Ellen (cough), whereas Ed has for some reason gotten the "bad" edit in the FS.

There is no longer a true hidden edit among the F3 guys for this season, but Reid is arguable the most hidden of those left---most viewers couldn't even name or identify him for the first several weeks (even though it was quite clear that he was building a relationship with Jillian during that time). Many viewers didn't see Reid as getting an F1 edit, which means that IF he winds up winning it will have been the hidden F1 edit, as that edit is really only supposed to be noticeable in retrospect. ALL JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581780;
    I blame the green shorts.
    Someone actually started a Become a fan of Ed's Mankini Fan Club if his green short shorts caught your attention, on FB

Hahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3581779;
    And if he comes back to say ILY and she STILL says no?! She is psycho.

And the problem with Ed is that he LIED....not just to her but to the other girl. He did not follow the rules, and he misled her about something that was very important to her. I do not see any why she should or even could trust him after that.
    If Reid comes back and says "Jill, I was wrong, I love you and I want to be with you" and she says "no." Then she deserves whatever type of man she ends up with and I fear that he won't be an upstanding citizen. Yeah, basically, INSANE.

And regarding Ed: Yeah, Jill was also dating around at that time but that was the premise of the show, she had to or there would be no show. Ed was only suppsed to be seeing her, that was the premise of the show for him. He most likely imo lied and just wanted to see if he could win the coveted B'ette. The way he talks to her? He's bored. I don't know how else to describe what I'm seeing between the two other than boredom. He doesn't care about her from what we've seen. Maybe in the outtakes, he's giving her his full attention and just adoring her but since we haven't seen that and I believe our posters completely, yeah, I don't want Jilly Bean with him.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3581656;
    So say usually the F3 tell the bach/bette that they are in love with them. Out of how many seasons what 17? that's 51 people all claiming to be in love ... how many are still? I don't put much stock into the "I love you's" on this show... good for Reid for not feeling ready and giving into the pressure
    Jillian already had said in the beginning of the RC that she's falling in love with all 3 of them. So what's so special about ILY?
    Remember Andy also said that to Bevin in LCD, IIRC, and we all know how the whole thing all turned out.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581559;
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for the transformation because at this point all I see is indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed.
    Ha! that is exactly what I wanted to say and you beat me to it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3581736;
    Add: a hypochondriac, an over analyzer (or maybe analyze perfect), and there was another one i wanted to add but i forget.

But this is part of Reid's personality: he's likes to make people laugh and he does this by self-denigrating. Makes a joke about his abnormalities. Jesse even said in his train talk about Reid: that Reid knows he's annoying. He probably made a joke about it.

Now compare this with Ed: who also seems to make jokes to make people laugh but they are more about how awesome he is (who wouldn't want to have another me?), and they seem to make him laugh more than anyone else. And Kip who is great but just sort of floats along.

So I think this one actually has more to do with their personalities then the edit.
    Good one! Papaase!

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581769;
    Yes, it was very sarcastic. That post was meant to show just how ridiculous this scenario is, it would be impossible to pull off and oh yeah, it would be illegal (spiking the drink!!). Fleiss might be a lot of things, but he's not this good and he's not going to stoop to actual criminal behavior to get a contrived ending to a reality show. I am not nearly that cynical to believe any of this scenario is true.
    Wooo...slow down ...I don't think anyone's spiking drinks....where did I say that??? My point, probably badly put, was that YES I truely believe they are scripted to some extent and compliant to some extent in acting out Fleiss's storyboard to get the required drama for ratings. I don't think this changes the outcome of the show. I do think the bachelorette picks the one(s) she likes best. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581772;
    I really don't care if Ed had girlfriends before the show. Whatever. I *do* care whether he's a person who keeps his commitments. And if he continued to have a relationship with these women during the filming of the show, he didn't keep his commitments. Dating others during the filming was not the understanding or the agreement that he had with the show, with Jillian or with the audience. That's why his dating matters to me and hers doesn't.
    Exactly.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook