Page 53 of 939 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581738;
    You've been peeking at the storyboard again! Do you think they had to draw straws for their respective roles? Poor Ed, he must have picked the short straw!
    Second shortest. NakedguyBrian got the short one.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3581748;
    I agree deeply flawed is someone who abuses his family members, someone who leads a double life, sort of Dr. Jekyll/Mrl Hyde. Flawed is someone who struggles with every day issues like the rest of us. Big difference! JMO!
    Are you talking about Ed?

JK!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581399;
    The only thing I can think of that would prevent any major backlash, is if the Ed rumours turn out to be true. I think this would make the Ed camp turn against him, and while they may not be thrilled that Jillian picked Reid, they won't be furious that she didn't pick Ed.
    But to be honest, I think the majority of viewers will be happy with a Reid-Jillian ending. Boy meets girl. Boy screws up. Girl gets scared. Boy realizes the error of his ways and wins girl back. That kind of story appeals to a lot of people.
    Except that many of us Ed fans have said till we are blue that we don't even care if the rumors are true. If we are to believe the show the other night, she was sleeping with two other guys while she was "dating" Ed. I have said before, I don't give a rat's azz how many girlfriends he had before, as long as there is only one now. There will be no turning against him from me, I think he's a doll regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3581614;

Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...
    This comment made me laugh so much...it's so true for me too...I put the tv on pause if my husband comes in...he thinks I'm certifiable for watching such drivel!! You brave girl to ask him to do that..he must love you very much!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;3581435;
    Yep...I know you are being sarcastic and don't really beleive this but I think you have got it dead right....come and join the cynical side!!! So far this season more than any other has opened my eyes to how manipulated and manufactured alot of the drama is. Don't get me wrong I think the bachelorette does get to choose her favorite(s) in the end but to they go along with the producer's story line to all intents and purposes. I don't think it was so much like this to the same extent when the show started way back when.
    Yes, it was very sarcastic. That post was meant to show just how ridiculous this scenario is, it would be impossible to pull off and oh yeah, it would be illegal (spiking the drink!!). Fleiss might be a lot of things, but he's not this good and he's not going to stoop to actual criminal behavior to get a contrived ending to a reality show. I am not nearly that cynical to believe any of this scenario is true.

I really don't care if Ed had girlfriends before the show. Whatever. I *do* care whether he's a person who keeps his commitments. And if he continued to have a relationship with these women during the filming of the show, he didn't keep his commitments. Dating others during the filming was not the understanding or the agreement that he had with the show, with Jillian or with the audience. That's why his dating matters to me and hers doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581755;
    Except that many of us Ed fans have said till we are blue that we don't even care if the rumors are true. If we are to believe the show the other night, she was sleeping with two other guys while she was "dating" Ed. I have said before, I don't give a rat's azz how many girlfriends he had before, as long as there is only one now. There will be no turning against him from me, I think he's a doll regardless.
    If i were Jill, i would care. I would care if Ed was seeing more than one girl while on the show. Just look how she felt when Jake told her about Wes's supposed gf. She was disturbed. The issue is not caring if ed had a gf before the show, its during the show that we have an issue with.

I don't know what the deal with Ed is, and I cannot fathom how a guy in his position would not take advantage of being intimate with Jillian if he really was falling for her as he has claimed to be...there's something wrong there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3581688;
    I agree with you and think Jilly is being a complete and total dumbass about this whole situation but I can also see it from her perspective. She doesn't want to be standing up there alone, professing her love for Reid, crying over him, wishing for him to feel what she does and instead, he feels nothing. We know that's not true, it's so obvious that he is completely insane about her and would never say anything to hurt her or upset her. However, at the same time, the nature of the show dictates that you're 100&#37; upfront about your feelings or any feelings you think you have. I would hope that in real life, Jilly would recognize that Reid's behavior is absolutely SCREAMING that he's falling in love with her too and she can trust him but I can understand why she's so afraid. How will she look if she invests anymore of herself in Reid and he can't verbally reciprocate his feelings?

She alternates between being really needy with him- So will you propose? Will you? Will you? Huh??- to being a complete and total teasing brat- taunting 'love, love, love' in the FS. Of course she knew if he was kissing her neck, snuggling with her, looking her directly in the eyes and running his hands up and down her body, he must be feeling something but she still needed to tease him about it. I think a part of her, a very strong and significant part that will come out in the finale, realizes that his actions are screaming to her that she and most importantly her feelings are completely safe and taken care of with him. But she doesn't want to trust those instincts too much because what if she's wrong and she looks like an idiot standing up by herself at FRC?
    And if he comes back to say ILY and she STILL says no?! She is psycho.

And the problem with Ed is that he LIED....not just to her but to the other girl. He did not follow the rules, and he misled her about something that was very important to her. I do not see any why she should or even could trust him after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3581776;
    I don't know what the deal with Ed is, and I cannot fathom how a guy in his position would not take advantage of being intimate with Jillian if he really was falling for her as he has claimed to be...there's something wrong there.
    I blame the green shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3581614;
    I can't believe I finally did this...but I allowed my husband to enter in my world. I really wanted him to decipher the goodbye scene with Jillian and Reid.

Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...
    I have entered that world as well, I have hubby hooked on this season. Mostly because for the first time HE SEES a lieable, real, sincere person in Reid (that is who he is rooting for). He finds Ed dispicable..(say like sylvester)

Anyway...I stay on the boards and give play by play for the West Coasters, (cause hey let's face it I already know what is going to happen)..and he stays upstairs and watches...then runs down to me for scoop...he couldn't believe she was sending Reid home last week..I told him to stay tuned...but not sure how it ends...

Now he even sneeks up on me when I am on the borads and starts reading over my shoulders... Good Lord Fleiss what have you done to the men in our lives!