Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3599686;
    JMO..The fact that she made me mention of that conversation was put out there to kill the Ed has a GF story. I think it'll be a non-issue in the upcoming episode. It could resurface at the ATFR if something changed but it seems like she's defending him to me.
    Right, that's what I was thinking too. That's why I decided to keep quite about my theory, so they won't change the edit. I got a feeling they won't show Jillian being dumped, but her rejecting. I said something on Chris blog about who was it Jake was talking to on the phone and I see they came up with Tanner and some things others has said on this board play out. She needs to choose Ed, they will be good for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599749;
    yeah - ratings took a tumble when they had dorky Travis, asexual PLo and Jesse the jock - no wonder when Brad chose no one people flocked back - but at least Brad was good to look at. Matt Grant wasn't too shabby, then it was Deanna - so everyone had to see how she would do after Brad dumping her, then Jason after Deanna dumped him, then Jillian after Jason dumped her - if that isn't a theme I dont know what is.

that's why I think F2 will get the next gig - if he wants it.
    I agree and I think it has to be Reid. Fleiss likes making the audience fall for one person, get that person crushed and annihilated and then make him/her the primary to look for love on his/her own terms. Poor Reid if he's the Bach. Run, Reid!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

You know, I think she liked Ed a lot from the beginning and she still kept him after his comeback, etc. And, he might have had marginal girlfriends when he went on the show, then dumped them along the way. Who knows?

I think Ed has his career going really well, has a nice family, and is very smart. He seems more "husband material" as opposed to Reid. I like Reid, but not tons of passion there, I don't think. Plus, I don't know how "religious" Jillian is, but if Reid is a practicing Jew, then that might be difficult to work through. Or maybe not.

Of course, Kip is gorgeous..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599625;
    interesting that she addressed g/f with Ed in the CC - sounds like she's trying to let everyone know Ed is her F1 - put together with her comment after Kimmel said 'not as the groom' it's looking like a definite to me.
    Either way she can't say anything to Kimmel bec' it will spill the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599749;
    yeah - ratings took a tumble when they had dorky Travis, asexual PLo and Jesse the jock - no wonder when Brad chose no one people flocked back - but at least Brad was good to look at. Matt Grant wasn't too shabby, then it was Deanna - so everyone had to see how she would do after Brad dumping her, then Jason after Deanna dumped him, then Jillian after Jason dumped him - if that isn't a theme I dont know what is.
    I'm not the expert - Fleiss is - but that tale tells me not that the problem is a lack of drama, but the lack of a love story. Travis, PLo and Jesse the knucklehead clearly had no desire to find their true love. Brad, despite the end result, talked a good game, and seemed to seriously care about the F2 - who knew he was going to dump them both and go back to his bars? I think people are interested in this season not so much because of the drama - Wes being the prime example, but because folks see a real "connection" (**gulping down a shot too early in the day**) with all F3 bachelors. Give us a love story, and we'll watch.

Just to stir the pot 'cause things are getting boring in here...
    What would be the most effective way to get the audience to stop watching this drivel and put Fleece's franchise under the bus? I just shudder to think what will happen on "More to Love" which is being led in by ATFR. (No surprise there!) Nothing good will come from that show!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3599626;
    yeah they made it out to be like the man couldn't perform his manly duty when the TRUTH was they were sunburnd and exhausted and fell asleep. Once again MF and his Drama created out of NOTHING.
    Regardless, not the kind of edit the F1 usually gets...trying to embarrass him like that.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3599760;
    I agree and I think it has to be Reid. Fleiss likes making the audience fall for one person, get that person crushed and annihilated and then make him/her the primary to look for love on his/her own terms. Poor Reid if he's the Bach. Run, Reid!
    How can Reid be the Bachelor when at the end he has to propose? He can't even commit to Jilli

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3599632;
    She says that it was really hot that night....All top resorts have air conditioning in the rooms. strange statement.

I do like what her dad said. This is leaning toward Reid, post show dating.
    So can we take that as proof that her parents actually met Reid and that he met their approval...? Bodes well for Reid as F1!!

Bleeding Purple and Gold jch2273's Avatar

ETONLINE:

Next Monday is the big reveal on "The Bachelortte" when Jillian Harris picks her man. The final two are Ed and Kiptyn, but there could be a twist in the finale!
    From the promo that ran after last week's "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All," it appears as if one of the past bachelors -- possibly Reid -- returns to get another shot at being the chosen one.
    So what can Jillian say about who returns and what happens?
    "I can't really tell you too much," Jillian tells ET. "I can tell you that when I watched the tease for the finale, even though I was there and I experienced everything, they did…. It is an exciting episode and a crazy day. I can't tell you who comes back, but it is all very traumatic, unfortunately."
    That said, Jillian does rate the final three men: "I would definitely have to say for Reid, it would be his sense of humor and just his quirkiness. I would have to say that Kiptyn is just so genuine and has such a huge heart. With Ed, I would have to say it is his balance. He has a good balance in life between personal, business and family. He is a very well-rounded individual."
    Even so, Jillian does have second thoughts about immediately getting engaged, and she talked to her dad about it. He told her that accepting a proposal from the man of her choice did not mean that she has to walk down the aisle immediately. He pointed out, "Getting a proposal in this scenario signifies for me that you are ready. Let's have a proposal, get engaged and start a life together and a year from now see where things are at and then get married."
    "My dad was very right," Jillian says.
    And if any of these guys turns out to be Mr. Right, Jillian has a picture in her mind of her perfect wedding: "I have this dream wedding of being somewhere in the Canadian Rockies, or in the Okanagan in a field and there are mountains all around us," she describes. "There are gingham tablecloths, maybe like white and red checked. There is a live band, hopefully, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and tons of people, but nothing really fancy. I am talking cabbage rolls and ham that my Auntie Becky would probably make and lots of kids running around. Down to earth and nothing over the top."
    "The Bachelorette" finale airs Monday, July 27 at 8 p.m. on ABC.
    Posted July 22, 2009 11:27:00 AM

\\

'The Bachelorette''s Jillian Harris On Her Dream Wedding

This is posted over in the media thread...doesm't sound like it's Reid....wahhhhhhhh