Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3599681;
    It was SCARY...Creepy date raper scary.. "Baby I love your fine azz" is complimentary... but continuing on by saying he knew she wanted him because she had her t*ts hanging out is just WTF nightmarishly scary.
    I would have put him out right then and there, no questions answered. He was totally inappropriate. Drama is one thing, but I think he crossed the line with the way he spoke to her and acted towards her.

I think she felt some sense that she should handle it "nicely" on camera, but if she'd be in a normal dating situation, I hope she would have been calling for a "TAXI!"
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3599681;
    It was SCARY...Creepy date raper scary.. "Baby I love your fine azz" is complimentary... but continuing on by saying he knew she wanted him because she had her t*ts hanging out is just WTF nightmarishly scary.
    Nailed it--that's EXACTLY how I saw it...he skeeved me out from home, I can't imagine how she must have felt.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3599709;
    I would have put him out right then and there, no questions answered. He was totally inappropriate. Drama is one thing, but I think he crossed the line with the way he spoke to her and acted towards her.

I think she felt some sense that she should handle it "nicely" on camera, but if she'd be in a normal dating situation, I hope she would have been calling for a "TAXI!"
    She was to polite. I would have excused myself to go powder my nose and never returned.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3599696;
    Yup, I think it is Ed too. I'm a huge Reid fan, but I'm just gonna resign myself to it being Ed.

All of the above coupled with:
    - her defenesiveness about her choices on her blog; she was defensive about Wes too - and she kept him around a long time;
    - CH saying that the ex-gf thing would be addressed at ATFR - why discuss it specifically unless Ed is F1;
    - the numerous times she talked Ed's departure in interviews and her blog - I'm getting tired of hearing about it at this point;
    - the fact that Canadian tv is saying she is engaged (I can't really imagine Reid proposing, and the ring he's shown with doesn't look like an engagement ring). We know Ed has said he'd propose;
    - the previews for the finale focus too much on Reid's return and proposal - too obvious to be the real result;
    -there have been reports of Reid and Kip sightings all over the place. I don't think anyone's spotted Ed. He's probably been told to hide out so that he doesn't have to answer any gf-gate questions and risk looking bad before the finale;
    - the brilliant last five minutes and us not knowing whether she ends up with one guy probably just means that he takes off during his time at the podium and runs off to get his original rose and her family for the proposal.

Now I instead of looking for hopeful signs for Reid in the finale, I will prepare myself for Reid getting rejected again. How heartbreaking it will be because he will get rejected after proposing.
    I agree with everything you just said.

This show is a cruel monster! Oh man.

After Jill tells Reid the only problem is that he won't open up to her and dumps him and he freakin returns to declare his undying love, I'm almost positive she is going to go with her original choice in Ed.

Are you kidding me, Fleiss? Why do you make me like all these people (Melissa, Reid) only to cruelly yank the rug out from under them (and me) at the end?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3599679;

Ed can do no wrong by her no matter how much wrong the viewers think he may be doing or not, for Jill, it just doesn't matter.

It's also interesting that she's not talking at all about her F1. Either TPTB told her to not mention it so people will tune into ATFR on Tuesday or she chose Ed and they're already kaput.
    Of course TPTB have instructed her not to mention anything, this goes along with the very few s/caps we've had, no hints about anything all season. They were not going to take their chances again, and I'm sure that's the way it will be from now on.

If she's already "kaput" with her F1, she seems very happy about it.

I saw a blog comment on EW about Ed. The lady said her daughter had seen him a week or two ago on Ohio State's campus. She said her daughter said he was much better looking in person and that when Ed realized the girl recognized who he was - he literally bolted before she could ask him any questions.

Have no idea as to the validity of the post but it sounded sincere and matched up with his low profile status thus far.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599685;
    did she say in the CC that they talked about the ex g/fs during their FD specifically - I thought it was an in general remark that they had talked about them - of course that wasn't a transcript so no one can be certain til we hear or see it.
    from the article:
    She clarifies the overnight visit with Ed: She says it was sweltering hot, and talking awkardly about his ex-girlfriends. "I think he was ready to throw up," she said. And that sexy oil-rubbing scene? She said it was just aloe vera, because they were burnt to the point of blistering. "We both passed out, and in the morning, I was very stressed out that we hadn't used our time to see if we had a physical connection."

Does anyone think that perhaps TPTB pushed Reid to go back and confess his love, and when Jillian turned him down again, TPTB got mad and decided to edit Ed (her F1) unfavorably? They might have thought the same as us, "She loves him, surely she won't turn him down, and we can finally have the Most Romantic FRC ever!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kajones;3599301;
    How could Fleiss possibly speak for his audience? He lives is a different world from the average veiwer!

I'm starting to think that in the Fleissian world Romance = Drama! so sad...
    The reason Fleiss believes his audience wants drama and not romance is that the ratings numbers prove it. There was a time a few seasons ago that his ratings were so low that it was widely speculated that the franchise would be cancelled. I don't know the exact numbers, maybe somebody can help me out here, but I know the show was headed for the dumper. This was also when Fleiss was more 'hands off' and let others take the reigns for a few seasons. Since he has come back to the helm (more so than in those previous seasons) the drama factor has increased, and so have the ratings. That Jason/Melissa/Molly ATFR1 & 2 were possibly the highest ratings this show has ever gotten. Fleiss has no motivation to go back to doing a show about romance.

Our only options are to suffer through the drama and hope against hope that somehow somebody finds a romantic connection in spite of the show, or turn the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3599717;
    I agree with everything you just said.

This show is a cruel monster! Oh man.

After Jill tells Reid the only problem is that he won't open up to her and dumps him and he freakin returns to declare his undying love, I'm almost positive she is going to go with her original choice in Ed.

Are you kidding me, Fleiss? Why do you make me like all these people (Melissa, Reid) only to cruelly yank the rug out from under them (and me) at the end?
    I am coming to the conclusion that I agree with you, but that just confirms my This World Sucks theory. I still don't understand why they'd bother bringing Reid back to declare his love, only to toss him to the curb a second time? There hasn't been enough drama in this season anyway?

Nonetheless, I am prepared to be disappointed on Monday (or Tuesday) night. Better to think (what I perceive to be) the wrong result will happen and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't, than the opposite.
    Last edited by DrewPA; 07-22-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: to correct my grammar - I don't want to catch Jillian's Disease