Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3599455;
    Exactly my point.

Folks keep hanging on this moment--"she said she let him go because he wouldn't commit, so if he commits all is fixed!"--as if a) that is the ONLY reason she let him go, b) that she MUST take him back if he removes this, and c) that this obviously means he is F1. I firmly believe we didn't see their whole conversation (which we know because we saw a new part of it on the MTA) and that this WASN'T HER ONLY REASON TO LET HIM GO.

I also don't take literally all the stuff about "throwing away the list" and some of the other selected quotes as absolute proof that I KNOW who she picks or who she should. I take all of this with a huge degree of skepticism because we are not seeing the whole story.
    LOL well exactly what are we doing here then? We can't believe a word she says, we can dissect her quotes, we can't believe the edit and on and on it goes. I think at this point all of us have our ideas on things and they are not going to change.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3599449;
    My score and my score only E=13, K=50 and R=88. At least I've been consistent about this from day 1 and only Reid's score has changed a bit.
    What are the scores? Not sure I understand...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3599465;
    LOL well exactly what are we doing here then? We can't believe a word she says, we can dissect her quotes, we can't believe the edit and on and on it goes. I think at this point all of us have our ideas on things and they are not going to change.
    I never said you "can't believe a word she says", I said the words we see are not the whole story.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3599251;
    That's his reasoning for pushing the drama farther and farther each season.I bet if you took a poll of all the people who watch the show,the love story would be what people would want to see.
    He's tease viewers with promises of a love story every season with that same ole voice of CH asking "will Jillian find true love", "who will break Jillian's heart", "who will she choose", etc. Slowly but surely they lead the millions like sheep and then whack us with the drama and childish antics every time. After Deannnnna's fiasco halfway through I gave up on watching this show. The only reason I tuned in for the first 7 episodes was bec' of Reid, a bachelor who was real, sincere and funny and unlike any in the history of this show. Kip was real as well but we barely saw him at all. Reid has been the storyteller, the role played by f1. That's another reason why the edit points to him as f1, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3599470;
    I never said you "can't believe a word she says", I said the words we see are not the whole story.
    No they aren't the whole story. They are fragments pieced together to the story that TPTB want to sell to us.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3599480;
    No they aren't the whole story. They are fragments pieced together to the story that TPTB want to sell to us.
    EXACTLY!!! I have always tried to make others understand it is like having a million pieces of a puzzle scattered then putting them together to get the end picture. They start with the voices and put them with pictures, and sometimes they are not a matched set...

Sluething is about uncovering all the UNMATCHED sets and putting them where they belong....

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3599491;
    EXACTLY!!! I have always tried to make others understand it is like having a million pieces of a puzzle scattered then putting them together to get the end picture. They start with the voices and put them with pictures, and sometimes they are not a matched set...

Sluething is about uncovering all the UNMATCHED sets and putting them where they belong....
    After last season, I can't believe that people don't know that TPTB do this. A lot of these VO are from previous episodes and could even be from footage that we didn't even get to see.. TPTB will do anything for ratings and money.

FORT Regular

Kip, on the other hand, is getting the "halo" edit and the "thumbs up" from all the other guys. How can he NOT be the F1
    I'm sure that's what a lot of the general viewing audience is thinking, so if Kip does end up being F1 then I guess MF will have the huge win that people on here have been suggesting he needs in order to save the franchise after the horrible debacle with Jason last season.

But historically, the obvious winner does not turn out to be the actual F1, right?

My opinion is that TPTB have been grooming Kip to be the next Bachelor right from the beginning and that Kip may not be aware of this. It seems to me that he is being genuine in this process, but that he's being shown in a light (edit-wise) that sets him up perfectly for being the next Bachelor. Including passing him from F3 to F2 even though that probably wasn't Jillian's choice. I'm really speculating here, but I don't believe her feelings for Kip are equal to her feelings for Ed and Reid. I think her true F2 are Ed and Reid, and that it was TPTB's decision to keep Kip around at the F3/F2 cut. Either that was just strongly encouraged by them, or maybe it was actually even written into her contract (that she would keep Kip all the way to F2). I wouldn't put that past them.

But as I mentioned, I don't think Kip is aware of it (TPTB's manipulations). I think he's being real.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3599491;

the difficult thing is there are so many ways to arrive at different endings, espcially when we have so little to work with.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3599477;
    He's tease viewers with promises of a love story every season with that same ole voice of CH asking "will Jillian find true love", "who will break Jillian's heart", "who will she choose", etc. Slowly but surely they lead the millions like sheep and then whack us with the drama and childish antics every time. After Deannnnna's fiasco halfway through I gave up on watching this show. The only reason I tuned in for the first 7 episodes was bec' of Reid, a bachelor who was real, sincere and funny and unlike any in the history of this show. Kip was real as well but we barely saw him at all. Reid has been the storyteller, the role played by f1. That's another reason why the edit points to him as f1, IMO.
    Seeker, not sure I agree with you here, but, again, so interesting how we all see things differently. I saw Kip being the one who offered the toast to Jillian on the train, who initiated the group hug after one of the RC, is the one who said as Jillian was walking up for the F4 RC "she looks so nervous" (and also, of course, said to Wes at the same RC something like "if I go, keep it real) and is the one who said at the F3 RC (paraphrasing) to Reid "she has a tough decision to make, I wouldn't want to be in her shoes." (I didn't see a response from Reid.)