Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3599273;
    <----------------------------------------------

Anyway, Kip also tweeted on Saturday, July 18 that he was "heading to OC for a friend's wedding"....Hmmm...... coincidence?
    Can someone ask the JU poster where the wedding was?
    SDMom, I thought the same thing when I saw that Jillian had been to a wedding (and apparently there are documented pictures). I don't think, however, there is any way they could pull it off (being together in a public forum like that). So I guess it is wishful thinking on our part and probably is a coincidence (unless, of course, Kip was holed up in a hotel somewhere waiting for Jillian to get back from the wedding!)

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3599148;
    Ed and Kip may have had a 1-1 date earlier on in the season but throughout the season Reid has been the narrator of the season, which is usually a role that f1 plays. He was barely seen on epi 1 which aired before finale was filmed. But starting epi 2 we saw chats between Reid and Jillian. Their story had a slow start but steadily moved along which fits Reid's concern about things moving too fast.

I still go back to some bits of convos., PI and VO which tell the story this season. Some of them came earlier since epi 2 (after finale was filmed) and were intentionally left in there in the edit. The reason we didn't see the chat on epi 1 with Reid was bec' at that time he was f3 and been sent home. The edit had Ed and Kip as f2 therefore their chats made it on the airing of the premier episode. But we know she had a chat with Reid on preview night based on SC.

The bits that stand out to me are

Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven
    Hang in there
    Just trust me

I am head over heels for Reid
    I fell hard for Reid and his family
    I want to give her a hug to let her know I will try to take care of her son
    I am confident in my relationship with Jillian, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing
    When I think of my future fiance/husband the first thing that comes to mind is someone who makes me laugh and that's Reid to a "T"
    I want him to hold my hand and tell me I am not ready for a proposal, I am not ready for marriage, but I know I don't want to lose you, and he is not ready to do that YET
    The reference to Marriage on the helicopter
    Usually I am ready to let the guy go when I let them go. I was not ready to let Reid go.

Let's not forget CH's twitter to a question from someone about Ed's gf - he said something about watch next week, it comes in the finale (not exact words)

Any more I overlooked please add. I don't believe Fleiss will put all this into the storyline and lead it to Ed or Kip as f1, IMO. Even he will show a story that makes sense however "twisted" the path.

I think you can add all of the comments Reid, his parents, his brothers and Jillian said in reference to him being slow, needing a shove (fire lit under his behind, kick in the behind), has a hard time expressing feelings, etc. to this list. And Reid saying things will work out how they're meant to be (in PI in dinner portion of HI date and in limo). To me this seems like lots of foreshadowing. I think it can be misconstrued as a fear to commit (like lots of other bachelor/ettes on this show), but I think it's really the quickness of everything and expressing the feelings (as opposed to not having the feelings).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3599332;
    One thing caught my attention. When JK was ragging on Ed for getting drunk, Jill said she wanted to make sure that her guy could let go and have fun. Basically she was calling Ed "MY GUY". She also said that she likes her beer. She also tried to make a bet at the end of the show that her and her f1 would last.
    pattycake - I know you like to think that Thanks for sharing and I really do hope her and f1 last too.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by jb_t;3599340;
    I think you can add all of the comments Reid, his parents, his brothers and Jillian said in reference to him being slow, needing a shove (fire lit under his behind, kick in the behind), has a hard time expressing feelings, etc. to this list. And Reid saying things will work out how they're meant to be (in PI in dinner portion of HI date and in limo). To me this seems like lots of foreshadowing. I think it can be misconstrued as a fear to commit (like lots of other bachelor/ettes on this show), but I think it's really the quickness of everything and expressing the feelings (as opposed to not having the feelings).
    In Spain she said that she and Reid are like a team. She said that could make her laugh without trying - just by being himself.

How can F1 not be Honey Bear?!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3599345;
    In Spain she said that she and Reid are like a team. She said that could make her laugh without trying - just by being himself.

How can F1 not be Honey Bear?!
    F1 is Honey Bear. I am still confident about this. It's the only thing that would make sense with the edit.

P.S. I'm sure she said "him and I are like a team."
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3599105;
    I could so go for that! Sometimes all the Reid fantasies make me hope she does dump him. (sorry...I know that sounds horribly harsh - but it's how I feel after reading all those "stories").

I really that Fleiss is going for a bigger ending than last season, and many will not like it. I have no facts or insider knowledge, it's just what I am deducing from all the confusing SC and interviews.
    Sadly, I sometimes feel the same, which is a shame, because I think Reid is adorable, I just don't get the over-the-top love and the wildly spinning theories. Plus, I can't get over how folks who dismiss everything as a product of the edit can also believe that Reid is perfection personified based on what? His edit It blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599313;
    and yet we all return every season with stars in our eyes that he's finally going to give us one - (well, I know never to watch for the love story, but that's never how these things end anymore)
    Yep. I've said many times how disgusted I am with myself knowing that I am the perfect MF viewer. Ugh.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3599116;
    Sorry, but her excuse wasn't "she's just not that into you." It was "it's your fault because you can't express your emotions." Hence his return.
    Her stated excuse, we don't know what her real reason was....outcome still the same--she let him go.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3599359;
    Sadly, I sometimes feel the same, which is a shame, because I think Reid is adorable, I just don't get the over-the-top love and the wildly spinning theories. Plus, I can't get over how folks who dismiss everything as a product of the edit can also believe that Reid is perfection personified based on what? His edit It blows my mind.
    But thank goodness we don't all see it the same way? As much as you don't 'see' Reid, I don't 'see' Ed. There'd be nothing to discuss if we were all on the same 'team'!!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3599334;
    SDMom, I thought the same thing when I saw that Jillian had been to a wedding (and apparently there are documented pictures). I don't think, however, there is any way they could pull it off (being together in a public forum like that). So I guess it is wishful thinking on our part and probably is a coincidence (unless, of course, Kip was holed up in a hotel somewhere waiting for Jillian to get back from the wedding!)
    I know, but I just want to remind people that Kip is still in the running , among the GF date and Rejection/Retruning posts.
    Who knows? Maybe he really was waiting for Jillian after the wedding and trying to throw people off, hahaha.....
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him