Page 50 of 939 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3581371;
    I so agree that she was pissed as all heck and wanted to hurt him a little bit or not giving her any indication of his feelings. But Jilly! He was giving you indications! He likes you THIIIIIIIS MUCH. Even you, yourself, said that's a lot!
    Is it really important to tell someone "I love you" or "I'm in love with you" all the time. Who needs to be convinced? Don't actions speak louder than words. The little things that a mate does to show he/she cares and puts their partner's needs and interests a little ahead of their own? But what does it mean to say those words all the time anyways.?

People toss the love word like candy on Halloween night to mean a whole range of feelings. It has become such a generic term for feelings that are not really so deep. Examples, I love how you think, I love to go shopping, I love hanging out with you, I love pizza, I love going to the movies, I love my sister, and so on.

Then you have the Deannnnnna's of the world who use "love" as a cop out of a relationship with "I love you" but "I'm not in love with you".

Haven't we heard of long time best friends who suddenly say they are IN LOVE and get married? Whether by choice or unconsciously we often choose mates who mirror back to us who we are. Opposites attract and get along great bec' they complement each other. Sometimes people marry someone who share their views, values, interests, personalities. They could still clash if for example they are both equally stubborn. Ultimately it's a mix bag of candy/chocolates. We choose who we do by design, by accident, by choice or claim to settle for what comes our way. Call it fate or destiny, but it sure plays a role in our finding our mates, whether they are soul mates or not.

When one loves somebody doesn't it really imply you accept them quirks and all, in spite of the neurosis, even their sometimes embarrassing behavior. It's supposed to mean total acceptance.

Jillian wants Reid to verbalize with the "L" word. He is reluctant to say it but uses "I like you a lot", "I have serious feelings for you" to express his feelings. Somehow she is still caught up in the "L" word as the only acceptable word in the dictionary that she wants to hear from him to express his feelings. If it came from any one other than the one she really wants to hear it from will she settle for him just bec' he said the "L" word? In Spain she told Reid she is not someone who needs to hear it every day from her mate. Did she even realize what she was saying? It's like someone who decides she must marry her Prince Charming, just the way she fantasized him to be? What if her Prince Charming turns out to be a bit on the chunky side, with thinning hair but had a heart of gold, with a personality to boot?

I don't get Jillian's fixation with wanting to hear the "L" word. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3581614;
    Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...
    Thanks for sharing! I think Ed is indeed getting a bad edit... he's kind of progressively gone from Hero to Zero. Whereas I think they're setting Reid up to go from Zero to Hero (assuming he overcomes his personal defects and makes his return).
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

said Ed reminded him of Vince Vaughn's character in Wedding Crashes - even looked liked him too.
    If nothing else, when this is over, Ed should be getting a lot of work as a stand-in.

I can't believe I finally did this...but I allowed my husband to enter in my world. I really wanted him to decipher the goodbye scene with Jillian and Reid. "Good luck", "call me", etc.... He put on the surround sound and he found the right speaker to listen to....and without a doubt he said "good luck".. Noooooooooooooo!!!! I don't know whyI hadn't thought of that. I also heard it with my own ears too with the super hi-fi sound...He also heard Jillian say ILY to Reid in head hugging scene. That one I didn't even tell him about and he heard it right away. Hmmmm....

But before I did that I made him watch the final 3's dates much to my dismay....but i had to have a neutral party -- one that has never watched a single episode EVER!!!!

Kip -- really no comment. Reid - very nervous - felt it was because of cameras, little immature, not able to express himself very well. Ed -no eye contact, swarmy, smelling armpit, erectile dysfunction (can't use the words he described ), and said Ed reminded him of Vince Vaughn's character in Wedding Crashes - even looked liked him too.

Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...
    Thank your dh for his input. I think the ILU was indeed stated and covered up as best as they could, some sound systems pick it up and some don't. The CC system apparently doesn't pick up everything. Vince Vaugh in Wedding Crashers SO true. Very clever hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3581631;
    Is it really important to tell someone "I love you" or "I'm in love with you" all the time. Who needs to be convinced? Don't actions speak louder than words. The little things that a mate does to show he/she cares and puts their partner's needs and interests a little ahead of their own? But what does it mean to say those words all the time anyways.?

People toss the love word like candy on Halloween night to mean a whole range of feelings. It has become such a generic term for feelings that are not really so deep. Examples, I love how you think, I love to go shopping, I love hanging out with you, I love pizza, I love going to the movies, I love my sister, and so on.

Then you have the Deannnnnna's of the world who use "love" as a cop out of a relationship with "I love you" but "I'm not in love with you".

Haven't we heard of long time best friends who suddenly say they are IN LOVE and get married? Whether by choice or unconsciously we often choose mates who mirror back to us who we are. Opposites attract and get along great bec' they complement each other. Sometimes people marry someone who share their views, values, interests, personalities. They could still clash if for example they are both equally stubborn. Ultimately it's a mix bag of candy/chocolates. We choose who we do by design, by accident, by choice or claim to settle for what comes our way. Call it fate or destiny, but it sure plays a role in our finding our mates, whether they are soul mates or not.

When one loves somebody doesn't it really imply you accept them quirks and all, in spite of the neurosis, even their sometimes embarrassing behavior. It's supposed to mean total acceptance.

Jillian wants Reid to verbalize with the "L" word. He is reluctant to say it but uses "I like you a lot", "I have serious feelings for you" to express his feelings. Somehow she is still caught up in the "L" word as the only acceptable word in the dictionary that she wants to hear from him to express his feelings. If it came from any one other than the one she really wants to hear it from will she settle for him just bec' he said the "L" word? In Spain she told Reid she is not someone who needs to hear it every day from her mate. Did she even realize what she was saying? It's like someone who decides she must marry her Prince Charming, just the way she fantasized him to be? What if her Prince Charming turns out to be a bit on the chunky side, with thinning hair but had a heart of gold, with a personality to boot?

I don't get Jillian's fixation with wanting to hear the "L" word. Oh well!

Very well put!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3581631;

I think this is a big relationship mistake a lot of people make.

Pay attention to what people do, less so to what they say. Words are important, but if they conflict with the actions, go with the actions.

So say usually the F3 tell the bach/bette that they are in love with them. Out of how many seasons what 17? that's 51 people all claiming to be in love ... how many are still? I don't put much stock into the "I love you's" on this show... good for Reid for not feeling ready and giving into the pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3581573;
    Me too. Too bad we're not playing for the same team this time around . I can't see anyone sweeping Jilly off of her feet and getting her to squeal and giggle like Reid can.
    Yeah, too bad you aren't on my team too.

We know there is going to be some sort of dramatic twist at the end. So of the remaining F2, it is more likely to be Ed (Prince Charming) who will be the one to create the drama at the end. Based on Ed's history on the show already--we know there will be some grand standing for sure. Reid (White Knight) will return with a surprise confession of love to totally confuse Jillian but ultimately rescue her from disaster. All the while Kip, (Surfer dude-next Bachelor) will step back and watch all this drama take place while Prince Charming and the White Knight fight over Jillian. He's thinking about grabbing a surf board and heading down to the surf. While all of activity will be wrapped up in a 5 minute dramatic "twist" at the end - we know better as it took almost 8 hours of filming to pull it off.

Still, I am holding out for the fairy tale ending.

So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing .
    Ed is getting an edit similar to Jesse in DeAnna's season, though, who also had pretty credible rumors of a gf. It used to be that you could count on F1 being edited in a pretty likable way, but not after Jesse, IMO. I'm not certain Ed is F1 -- and am hoping he's not -- but, unfortunately, I don't think we can rule him out based on edit.

ETA: If it's Kip he has the traditional hidden F1 edit, Ed as F1 is a DeAnna's Jesse edit and Reid would be, IMO, a total Jason/Molly edit where the game playing and manipulation on the production end has really gone way off the deep end.
    Last edited by chrisg; 07-17-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3581656;
    So say usually the F3 tell the bach/bette that they are in love with them. Out of how many seasons what 17? that's 51 people all claiming to be in love ... how many are still? I don't put much stock into the "I love you's" on this show... good for Reid for not feeling ready and giving into the pressure

that doesn't even include F2s, F4s, F6s, Jake, and the ones that left the first night.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono