Page 5 of 939 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

thoughts about ED's edit..
    I think there is a definite difference in the Ed edit before he left and after he came back..
    In the beginning he was portrayed as more of a regular guy.An everyman.Came on the show,not any major expectations,was very career driven,no time for love,etc.
    His original edit was a " workaholic with no time for love"..
    Once there was an established strong connection with Jill and he left for his work issues TPTB knew that if /when he would return they would have to play up another angle.They could not play up a guy who is a workaholic because he has now returned , left his job again, to return for Jill.

They needed a new edit "decoy"since alot of viewers thought it was a "slam dunk" when he came back that she would choose him,not all,but alot of casual viewers.
    They used the Spain dates for Ed to catch up...all is well so far..no real issues since they were still dealing with the Wes storyline conclusion.
    So at the point of the FD's in HI "the comeback Kid" as CH has dubbed him seems to be all caught up,his parents have met Jill, all is in place for a straight shot to the finale.

The one thing about this show is that it is never going to be portaryed as a straight shot for the F1 on this show.There will always be doubt cast for DRAMA.SO people will watch the until the very end.
    TPTB really could care less anymore how good or bad the F1 looks .They can always redeem his edit in the finale anyway.They need drama and suspence to hold the viewers interest.Like Bloomers said,they are competing with the MTV generation reality shows where sex and inappropraite behavior mean ratings.
    So during the FD' they could not play up their attraction,they needed to downplay their connection to hold suspence until the finale.
    Ed took one for the Team ,the Jill and ED team, on the "FD issue".I heard they were both EXHAUSTED and really wanted the crew to leave them alone.
    I heard it was 4:45 in the morning when they were filming the FD for them,check Ed's watch..
    I have no doubts that Ed and Jill are just fine in the physical attraction /chemistry department.(Jill even said she was wondering "what happens after the honeymoon stage is over?"to Ed on the boat.)
    I think they used what they needed to for ratings and suspence to cast doubt on Ed,the presumptive F1 after he returned.
    Really,what better thing can you really use at that point to cast real doubt ?
    I think Ed seems to have a good sense of humor and can laugh at himself ..Although this was a very tough Edit" card" to draw..in the end it really won't matter.
    All's well that ends well ...that's what this show is about.
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-16-2009 at 05:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579202;
    You just don't let someone go that you really want,especially on a "speed" dating show like this.It is all about staying until the end to see what connection is really formed "by the end". She could have waited ,let him meet her parents, and still cut him at the FRC had she really wanted to keep him and really wanted to give him more time.I think we will see in the finale that it wasn't there with Reid as much as it was with the other two.I think he will come back and tell her all he couldn't say earlier,but that it still will not change her decision.
    Just my thoughts on it...
    ITA, goldie, and in the end, I don't think she will change her mind. She woke up thinking one way, was surprised by a 'confession' and gave it some thought, and in the end knew her own mind.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579297;
    thoughts about ED's edit..
    I think there is a definite difference in the Ed edit before he left and after he came back..
    In the beginning he was more of a regular guy.Came on the show,not any major expectations,was very career driven,no time for love,etc.
    His original edit was a " workaholic with no time for love"..
    Once there was an established strong connection with Jill and he left for his work issues TPTB knew that if /when he would return they would have to play up another angle.They could not play up a guy who is a workaholic because he has now returned , left his job again, to return for Jill.

They needed a new edit "decoy"since alot of viewers thought it was a "slam dunk" when he came back that she would choose him,not all,but most casual viewers.
    They used the Spain dates for Ed to catch up...all is well so far..no real isues since they were still dealing with the Wes storyline conclusion.
    So at the point of the FD's in HI "the comeback Kid" as CH has dubbed him seems to be all caught up,his parents have met Jill, all is in place for a straight shot to the finale.
    The one thing is that it is never going to be portaryed as a straight shot for the F1 on this show.
    TPTB really could care less anymore how good or bad the F1 looks on the FD episode.They can always redeem his edit in the finale anyway.They need drama and suspence to hold the viewrs interest.Like Bloomers said,they are competing with the MTV generation reality shows where sex and inappropraite behavior mean ratings.
    Ed took one for the Team,the Jill and ED team, on the "FD issue".I heard they were both EXHAUSTED and really wanted the crew to leave them alone.
    I heard it was 4:45 in the morning when they were filming the FD for them,check Ed's watch..
    I have no doubts that Ed and Jill are just fine in the physical attraction /chemistry department.Jill even said she was wondering "what happens after the honeymoon stage is over?"to Ed.
    I think they used what they needed to for ratings and suspence to cast doubt on Ed,the presumptive F1 until after he returned.
    Really,what better thing can you really use at that point to cast doubt?
    I think Ed seems to have a good sense of humor,though ..Although this was a very tough Edit" card" to draw..in the end it really won't matter.
    All's well that ends well in ...
    There is casting doubt and then there is totally humiliating someone on TV. For a guy, what's worse than implying he has ED? And then there are the comments he made about her, I know some people got turned off by that. That's definitely not a romantic way to talk about someone you're falling in love with. Ed is definitely not a gentleman.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xtina816;3579292;
    I am pretty sure Jill got that much screen time when Jason dumped her. They were talking on the bench for a long time.
    I also remember Jeremy getting a decent amount of bench time w/ DeAnna after she let him go at F3.

FORT Fan

I just don't get it. I don't understand this whole Ed Hate thing. The guy has been so sincere from the moment he came back. He didn't have to come back at all.

Ed has repeatedly shown how open he is to Jill. Jill absolutely throws herself at Ed physically and emotionally and it's all there for you to see. Ed had his parents flown in to Hawaii to meet Jill (he didn't have to at all - the HTD were over). During the meeting with the parents, Jill talks about everything she and Ed talked about including her family Christmas' she says are important to her (which she won't have with Reid as he himself admitted), she says to Ed's father that she believes they are both in the same place in life.

During the FS she lays it all out there (blatantly) saying she wanted to have sexy times with Ed and was hurt that it didn't happen. She wears a sheer little number with no bra. Please don't tell me there was no chemistry between the two. I had to look away a couple of times during the FS time, thinking, "Should they be showing this to us on network TV?"

Ed repeatedly tells her I am falling in love with you and during the video says, outright, I LOVE YOU. ALL SYSTEMS ARE A GO!

Reid, and please go back and look at all of his interactions with her, is completely, OVERTLY, NON-COMMITTAL. She even said during her little sit down with Chris before the RC, that Reid would not even hold her hand and give her ANY, repeat ANY, reassurance that he wanted to be with her. Reid admitted in the car, that he "could say he was falling in love with her" and that SHE PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW THAT. Come on. You are on a show about a woman trying to fall in a very short time frame and not offer her a little something to let her know your heart is open to her???

On Jill's blog she said, "So, that feeling that I have been looking for was definitely there with Reid, but the promise of any sort of commitment or partnership wasn’t there. And because I have been hurt before by not being realistic, it made me put up a wall and inevitably led to me letting Reid go."

She chose Kip over Reid, period. She could have taken both Ed and Reid to the end, but she didn't.

She is now going to introduce both Ed and Kip to her parents, and have a LCD date (which Reid will not be a part of). Do you honestly think that she was sooooo confused, or in love with Reid, that she decided to let him go at F3 and not have a few more days with him in hopes of getting more of a commitment from him???

Kip has probably become a great friend she could trust and is most likely being set up as the next Bachelor. It will be easier for her to let Kip (thank you, Valen) go as F2 and that's why she chose Kip over Reid.

I don't have any doubts that she was falling in love with Reid, but I do believe she was already in love with the emotionally available (and sexy, too) Ed, who promised her that they are going to give it a shot and make it work.

END RANT

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3579308;
    ITA, goldie, and in the end, I don't think she will change her mind. She woke up thinking one way, was surprised by a 'confession' and gave it some thought, and in the end knew her own mind.
    Do you really think that Fleiss, what with the Molly/Jason/Mel thing last year, will make this so simple? If this is the same situation as Jeremy essentially coming back, why wasn't Reid at the MTA? I am a Reid fan, clearly, but there are more things at play here than rabid Reid fans grabbing at straws.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

I keep going back to where are we in Jillian time? That is, on the show we're in the 5/18 - 5/24 timeframe. All the mess about Ed has surfaced since that time. I'm convinced TPTB knew about it, but not convinced Jillian knew anything yet. Her attraction to Ed is completely in your face and hard to deny. Knowing what Jillian knew on 5/24, I'm pretty sure she went ahead and picked Ed. Now, what's happened since is anybody's guess.

FORT Regular

Originally Posted by goldie2
    You just don't let someone go that you really want,especially on a "speed" dating show like this.It is all about staying until the end to see what connection is really formed "by the end". She could have waited ,let him meet her parents, and still cut him at the FRC had she really wanted to keep him and really wanted to give him more time.I think we will see in the finale that it wasn't there with Reid as much as it was with the other two.I think he will come back and tell her all he couldn't say earlier,but that it still will not change her decision.
    Just my thoughts on it...
    Agreed. That's all I was trying to say in my earlier post. Sorry to have irritated so many. It was just my opinion, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3579131;
    Jillian has said in her own words that she needed to hear the words from Reid and when she didn't she had to let him go. That doesn't say anything about how she was feeling about him in terms of how much she did or didn't love him. She's trying to approach this logically and when she didn't get the reassurance she wanted she cut him. That doesn't mean that she liked him less than she liked the other two IMO.

She couldn't very well come out in her blog and she she liked him less. It would ruin the suspense of does she take him back. IMO she was just playing the company line. If she liked him better than the other two IMO she would have taken him farther. There was plenty of time left for Reid to open up. If Reid is who she loved the most and cut him, IMO she looks like she will just settle for whoever can give her a proposal or whatever.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3579337;
    I keep going back to where are we in Jillian time? That is, on the show we're in the 5/18 - 5/24 timeframe. All the mess about Ed has surfaced since that time. I'm convinced TPTB knew about it, but not convinced Jillian knew anything yet. Her attraction to Ed is completely in your face and hard to deny. Knowing what Jillian knew on 5/24, I'm pretty sure she went ahead and picked Ed. Now, what's happened since is anybody's guess.
    From what I've understood reading these boards is that knowledge of the g/f's certainly became more widespread since 5/24, but there were many that knew of it prior to that date. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, there were some that new b4 the show even aired. It still is a matter of when did Jillian know...