Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Where is SDL anyone?? I want that info. . . even if it's inconclusive. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3599173;
    the change of heart could come before the FRC, and Jillian is able to talk him through it (IDK) it could be something like Ed leaving her at the FRC podium after she picks him and is leaving, but he's halfway out of there and he turns around and 'returns' again.....who knows - I'm grasping too. putting the press released together with the twist in the last 5 minutes is making this season finale interesting.

leaving Kip and Reid 2 spurned bachelors.
    It might all just be semantics b/c these releases are always worded so dramatically. If Reid returns and she rejects him, I don't see how he can really be described as "spurned" if he came back of his own choice. Now if Jill asked for him back and then rejects him - then he is spurned. The only true scenario of two spurned bachelors is Kip & Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3599176;
    I am curious, so how would we analyze it if in fact she ends up choosing Reid as f1. It is still a possibility however slim at this point. Ed and Kip may be the black or white choices she has going into FRC but Reid could be the gray she could go for. As long as she doesn't let a guy propose (Deannnnna style)and kicks him curbside or picks one and changes her mind upon Reid's return (Jason's style) she as the primary star of the show can still take the time and figure out where her heart really is at. She is the one who has to live with her choice in the real world. We are just spectators for a while. JMO!
    If she ends up choosing Reid, I'll put it all down to scripting and that she really intended him to be F1 all along and used Kip and Ed to get there, at Fleiss's urging.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3599163;
    I would agree, except the press release for the atfr says "two spurned bachelors return" to confront Jillian. If one of these two bowed out or had a change of heart to not be with Jillian, then why would they both be spurned?

I think change of heart in this case could just as easily be something good...whether it's Reid or Kip.

Jmo.
    I agree with you, Luvvy, about the change of heart. I also take the "spurned bachelors" with a HUGE grain of salt. I think it's kind of like the MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER b.s. they're always feeding us.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I'm still not 100% where to post this and I see people complaining about speculation posts but this is the thoughts & comments thred in the spoilers & speculation section, so if it's not right, please move or let me know by PM (i'm not coming back to this post to check)

OK - I was just thinking about those of you who think that Reid and Jilli exchanged a little "call me" "you call me" bit at the limo after the FRC. I got to thinking about this... Are they allowed to have their cell phones with them? If so, then I guess they have all previously exchanged phone numbers and have been texting and calling one another, we already have news that Wes and Reid have been texting (according to wes through RS interviews), and now Jill says she and michael have been texting(on her blog), so apparently they have access to one another... so, how do we know that she wasn't sitting up in her hotel room texting with "insert your favorite guys name here" even when she wasn't on "dates" with them.
    That's a really good way to get around the hidden cameras that record everything you do and say!
    if they don't have cell phones on the show, were they talking about calling each other back at the hotel?

maybe they might have been saying call me after the show? but they would be a little presuptious? what if she is engaged? maybe that's why Reid said you call me!

I don't really know about the call me, I can't hear it - it doesn't make sense to me for TPTB to leave that in the edit, but nothing is making much sense to me, I just bring it up because I wondered HOW they would be calling each other if this convo took place.

Bleeding Purple and Gold jch2273's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3599184;
    Where is SDL anyone?? I want that info. . . even if it's inconclusive. lol

I was just thinking the same...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3599148;
    Ed and Kip may have had a 1-1 date earlier on in the season but throughout the season Reid has been the narrator of the season, which is usually a role that f1 plays. He was barely seen on epi 1 which aired before finale was filmed. But starting epi 2 we saw chats between Reid and Jillian. Their story had a slow start but steadily moved along which fits Reid's concern about things moving too fast.

I still go back to some bits of convos., PI and VO which tell the story this season. Some of them came earlier since epi 2 (after finale was filmed) and were intentionally left in there in the edit. The reason we didn't see the chat on epi 1 with Reid was bec' at that time he was f3 and been sent home. The edit had Ed and Kip as f2 therefore their chats made it on the airing of the premier episode. But we know she had a chat with Reid on preview night based on SC.

The bits that stand out to me are

Taurus and Capricorn are a match made in heaven
    Hang in there
    Just trust me

I am head over heels for Reid
    I fell hard for Reid and his family
    I want to give her a hug to let her know I will try to take care of her son
    I am confident in my relationship with Jillian, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing
    When I think of my future fiance/husband the first thing that comes to mind is someone who makes me laugh and that's Reid to a "T"
    I want him to hold my hand and tell me I am not ready for a proposal, I am not ready for marriage, but I know I don't want to lose you, and he is not ready to do that YET
    The reference to Marriage on the helicopter
    Usually I am ready to let the guy go when I let them go. I was not ready to let Reid go.

Let's not forget CH's twitter to a question from someone about Ed's gf - he said something about watch next week, it comes in the finale (not exact words)

Any more I overlooked please add. I don't believe Fleiss will put all this into the storyline and lead it to Ed or Kip as f1, IMO. Even he will show a story that makes sense however "twisted" the path.
    I know this may not be a popular post because of the number of Reid fans here but here goes. I like Reid. I think he is adorable and I think he and Jillian have crazy (as in great) chemistry together. And I think he is ga-ga over Jillian which is what she deserves.

I believe he is the youngest child in his family and, accordingly, seems to be somewhat of a "mascot" - very funny, witty and entertaining. That, of course, is a good thing and something I think Jillian finds very attractive. The youngest, however, is also often indecisive and often has become accustomed to be taken care of. Conversely, Jillian, as an only child, seems to have taken on the role of the oldest (family hero); the responsible one and caretaker (perhaps as a function of her mom's chronic depression). As a result, Jillian is probably very familiar and hence comfortable in being protective, if not caretaking, of the men with whom she has relationships (as illustrated by the bold comment). She has stated, however, that she has a concern about wearing the pants in the family. So that is my concern about her relationship with Reid. She may very well have chosen him and they may be very happy. Indeed, it may be that his returning was extremely self validating for Reid and may have healed some of his indecisiveness (and maybe that is the brilliant ending) . I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3599188;
    I agree with you, Luvvy, about the change of heart. I also take the "spurned bachelors" with a HUGE grain of salt. I think it's kind of like the MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER b.s. they're always feeding us.
    I think the MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER is going to be simply that there were 3 guys there instead of 2 - that's never been done before, so they're not lying, but I think that's all there's going to be to it
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;3599098;
    Or maybe "one man's shocking change of heart" is just Reid coming back to profess his love? Although, anyone watching the show could see he was falling in love with her, so how would finally verbalizing that be a "change of heart".

I'm confused by the two terms "shocking confession" and "shocking change of heart".
    Same here. "Shocking change of heart" means something like

I liked you but now I don't
    or
    I didn't like you but now I do

To whom would that apply?

I suppose the closest would be Reid

I didn't want to commit to you but now I do.

Is that really going to be shocking to anybody after that scene on the Rejection Debriefing Bench to see that he might have second thoughts about his readiness to commit to her?

Then again, maybe we shouldn't be trying to interpret adjectives in their usual meaning. On this show, "shocking" might very well mean "Ho-hum."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3597713;
    I'm seeing two sides of Jillian...one who seems like she's mature and sensible and ready to settle down and then the girl who likes to party and drink too much. The more I see, the less I like. I guess we'll see which side of her wins out by who she picks.
    She's 30 yrs old, not 90. There's no reason why someone can't settle down, and still enjoy a fun loving party filled life. I think the drinking too much is going way overboard. IMO

As I posted in a previous post, How many guys have we seen drink too much? How many guys actually drank too much?

Especially for the guys that were there that knew they didn't have a chance with Jillian, I'm sure it was one big party.