Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3599084;
    Despite the prevailing opinions here at FORT that either Reid or Ed is her final choice, I still see her only choosing Kiptyn. Sure, the editors have left out huge, important parts of their relationship. They have emphasized that they only have physical chemistry and that Kip and Jill have different families. They discuss her feeling he is "perfect" over and over. However, they rarely show a whole conversation between them and yet somehow Kip is in the final 2. I think the editors are seriously downplaying this relationship!! Her choosing Kip is to me about as obvious a choice as any season of this show ever. I'm talking obvious like Andy choosing Tessa obvious. IMO, she really loves this guy!

On the other hand, the edit makes Ed look like an alcoholic frat boy who also struggles with workaholism, and ED. Yikes! I'm sure he doesn't really have all those issues, either! The edit of Ed certainly doesn't lead one to believe he will be her pick. . . really, think about it.
    I totally agree..I think she'll pick Kiptyn..I think with all the drama people are overlooking their love story..Didn"t they show Kiptyn say something like lets just get married and have babies? (something like that?)..

Quote Originally Posted by Javo;3599095;
    I slightly disagree with the above. I agree that Reid was hidden for the first half of the season, really up until his 1:1 date with Jillian. However, I count myself as one of the "average viewers" for most of the season; I didn't find FORT until a few weeks ago. Why did I seek and find FORT? Because of Reid! As his storyline grew, and I saw the sparks in their first 1:1 date, it became apparent to me that I was watching something a lot more real than I was used to watching on the Bachelorette/Bachelor. I think what we've seen of the Reid/Jillian relationship is more than enough for the "average" viewer to latch onto as something special and root for a comeback.
    I don't think Reid was "hidden" so much as there was nothing there to show. Jillian let him go at F3 for a reason .... if he comes back and get's rejected again, sorry, but that's his fault. It's like begging for somebody to take you back once they've dumped you, if they're "just not that into you" you're asking to be humiliated.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;3599090;
    Well that does make it seem like it would be Kip making the shocking confession. Ed already told her he loves her and wants to propose. Kip said a proposal would be premature. Maybe he tells her he's had a change of heart and a proposal would NOT be premature because now he knows he's completely in love with her??
    Nope. Because, Jillian said that she wasn't looking for a proposal. That she was fine if the guy wasn't ready, but wanted some indication that he saw a future together. Kiptyn made it clear in his video message to her that he's seeing a future together.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3599110;
    I don't think Reid was "hidden" so much as there was nothing there to show. Jillian let him go at F3 for a reason .... if he comes back and get's rejected again, sorry, but that's his fault. It's like begging for somebody to take you back once they've dumped you, if they're "just not that into you" you're asking to be humiliated.
    Sorry, but her excuse wasn't "she's just not that into you." It was "it's your fault because you can't express your emotions." Hence his return.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3598969;
    Kind of random, but I am a girl who likes a guy to compliment her, and don't mind if he compliments my butt. That's good for the self-esteem. I was surprised David got booed for that. Am I the only one?
    A guy saying, "WOW, baby, you have an AWESOME A$$! or I LOVE your A$$, baby!" is a compliment..

That scary stalker face he gave her while using an entire sentence of cuss words to describe her bum was just frightening.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;3599090;
    Well that does make it seem like it would be Kip making the shocking confession. Ed already told her he loves her and wants to propose. Kip said a proposal would be premature. Maybe he tells her he's had a change of heart and a proposal would NOT be premature because now he knows he's completely in love with her??
    I agree with this...And I wonder if Kiptyn doesnt tell her dad the same thing.when he asks...

Quote Originally Posted by JillyAnn;3599051;
    Yea, honestly I thought it was ridiculous how big of a deal they made that! They really went on and on and on about it at the MTA. Really, I do not think David is the first man in the history of the world to make a comment about a girl's butt. Sure that might make a girl uncomfortable, but she could have laughed it off or flat out told him to shut up. They didn't need to drag it out the way they did at the MTA. Just my opinion though!
    It all goes back to what I said when we first saw this play out...there are okay ways to say something like this, and not okay ways. If I am in a restaurant and some guy I know from one of the offices comes up to me and tells me my a** is great in my jeans that is creepy. If my boyfriend or husband does tells me that then it is okay. Also telling her that was not the only thing inappropriate in that scenario--he goes on to make comments about her chest and to touch her.

I think ABC's point at highlighting it the way that they did was to show just how stupid and hypocritical his whole "man code" crap was. You can't tell Jillian that someone may be there for the wrong reasons but you can make her feel very uncomfortable with sexual remarks. Juan was able to sum it up very well with his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3599110;
    And Fliess sure does love to humiliate people doesn't he? Ruh Roh Reid...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3598969;
    Kind of random, but I am a girl who likes a guy to compliment her, and don't mind if he compliments my butt. That's good for the self-esteem. I was surprised David got booed for that. Am I the only one?
    I think it's the way he said it & that he was the one who said it. Does that make sense??? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be crazy about a guy who's a bit aggressive, that you're not interested in, talking about your t*ts & *ass. Maybe you wouldn't mind & that's OK, but I'd rather someone like that just tell me I look nice. If it were my boyfriend, well that's another matter.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3599116;
    Sorry, but her excuse wasn't "she's just not that into you." It was "it's your fault because you can't express your emotions." Hence his return.
    People can get very creative in their wording when trying not to hurt somebody's feelings - if she really felt something more for him than she did for Kip and Ed, she would have taken a chance and kept him around longer IMO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club