Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3598870;
    So far we don't even know if Reid makes it to the FRC. He comes to talk to her probably at her hotel room.

It would be hard to imagine them just sending Reid up to the podium to "get the girl" with Jillian having not seen or talked to him in almost a week.
    We have no idea how scripted this come back is nor any idea IF they have spoken. Also, others have said that it was only 3 days that they were apart. Who knows, anything could happen in my mind. This is one crazy season at the zoo ('ette).

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3598961;
    Yeah she reacted too much which kind of gives it away. She goes "Ohh nooo" in laughter. She had the same reaction during the Chicago radio interview when the hosts says "We know the Chicago guy doesn't make it" and she says "Ohhh nooo" and laughs.

I honestly feel like she doesn't care if people figure it out at this point. I just get the feeling that she's beyond ready for it to be over. She even wore the same outfit she did in Spain with Ed.

I noticed that too. It is almost like she is trying tell us she's picking Ed, so don't be disappointed when she sends Reid and Kip home alone.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3598969;
    Kind of random, but I am a girl who likes a guy to compliment her, and don't mind if he compliments my butt. That's good for the self-esteem. I was surprised David got booed for that. Am I the only one?

nope- I wouldn't be offended if someone complimented my butt...
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by aktx;3598905;
    I understand how you feel. It reminds me of "All is fair in love and war." I was irked that Ed was let back in, but now if it is Reid I won't mind. So I am a hypocrite. Then when I think of it with Jill in mind, I am happy for her if she is happy. What if breaking the rules brings her together with her soulmate? I can't really be mad about that. But, I like following the rules most of the time. It keeps things honest.
    I think that you've hit upon why this "maneuver" is a risky play for Fleiss. There will be a lot of people calling foul as there are many people that live in a black and white world who do play by the rules. So, there are going to be a lot of viewers that will see this as pulling a Jason.

Also, many watchers become much more invested in the contestants than the lead. So, as has been suggested, for 95% of the finale, viewers will watch her and these two guys continue to date, frolic and smooch, meet her parents, pledge their love, buy rings and then she turns them both down so in the last 5 minutes she can hook up with someone she rejected for her own reasons - not someone that left on their own, had a family emergency, etc.

TPTB are now pushing that she finds "her soulmate" but how are we, as viewers, supposed to trust her judgment at this point especially since the angst and tears have flowed for 9 weeks and she's jumped from one guy to the next as her "favorite" flavor of the week? We're supposed to buy that in the last five minutes all issues are resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3598976;
    I agree that the love card trumphs the rules card....my point being only that if this is the case....sleuthing sites like this one will become a thing of the past. thats the part that bothers me.
    sluething isn''t just about finding out who F1 is (clearly since we have no idea who it is this season - hasn't stopped us from trying), it's a much bigger process - and enjoyable one.

I think the show should hire some of these posters as story editors. Much better storylines here than on the show even.

Quote Originally Posted by aktx;3599031;
    I think the show should hire some of these posters as story editors. Much better storylines here than on the show even.
    I think they are already following our postings for possible storylines and/or rumor mill so that can edit the film accordingly. I am sure Fort posters have influenced Fleiss many times!

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3599024;
    I think that you've hit upon why this "maneuver" is a risky play for Fleiss. There will be a lot of people calling foul as there are many people that live in a black and white world who do play by the rules. So, there are going to be a lot of viewers that will see this as pulling a Jason.

Also, many watchers become much more invested in the contestants than the lead. So, as has been suggested, for 95% of the finale, viewers will watch her and these two guys continue to date, frolic and smooch, meet her parents, pledge their love, buy rings and then she turns them both down so in the last 5 minutes she can hook up with someone she rejected for her own reasons - not someone that left on their own, had a family emergency, etc.

TPTB are now pushing that she finds "her soulmate" but how are we, as viewers, supposed to trust her judgment at this point especially since the angst and tears have flowed for 9 weeks and she's jumped from one guy to the next as her "favorite" flavor of the week? We're supposed to buy that in the last five minutes all issues are resolved?
    The average viewer didn't even know who Reid was for half the season, for it to make sense that she would even consider a commitment from him would've needed a lot more foundation than the Ice Park date/Spain date (sans FS) and FD in HI.

Boardies had the advantage of sluething him out very early and seeing the caps knowing he went far enough in the competition to win.

The foundation of this season (for the average viewers) has been with Kip and Ed.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Yeah she reacted too much which kind of gives it away. She goes "Ohh nooo" in laughter. She had the same reaction during the Chicago radio interview when the hosts says "We know the Chicago guy doesn't make it" and she says "Ohhh nooo" and laughs.

I honestly feel like she doesn't care if people figure it out at this point. I just get the feeling that she's beyond ready for it to be over. She even wore the same outfit she did in Spain with Ed.
    She did not. Her top was light grey, the Spain top was white. She wore a leather skirt last night. Her skirt wasn't leather is Spain. Totally different shoes too.

They are similar but they're not the same.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3599041;
    She did not. Her top was light grey, the Spain top was white. She wore a leather skirt last night. Her skirt wasn't leather is Spain. Totally different shoes too.

They are similar but they're not the same.
    Well I didn't think the shoes were the same anyway. But, I stand corrected. Still an interesting choice of outfit if you ask me...