Page 49 of 939 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581559;
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for the transformation because at this point all I see is indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed.
    It's all in the eye of the beholder is it not.

Other eyes will see it as Reid clutching up and overcoming his fears and going for it.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by weesa;3581472;
    ITA, and why does it appeal to lots of people - because it happens to a lot of people out there.
    I think a lot of us ended up with someone who, originally, wasn't "on our list." And that relationship may have had some twists and turns before we were willing to accept that change of mind/heart. It's not that easy to question what it means about us if we choose the unlikely one, if we are suddenly faced with going off-message from a life-long idea about ourselves. To make it easy, instead of getting rid of the list, we just get rid of the guy.

And somewhere in the process of losing the guy, we realize getting rid of the list was a much, much better idea.

Not that I know anything about that process, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3581577;
    I think we started to see the transformation in the limo - finally admits he was falling in love with her, realizes she probably didn't know it, shows determination that it's not over with her......wheels are turning
    They were definitely turning.

But, I don't even see him as indecisive. I see him as intentionally choosing not to rush one of the really good parts of a relationship....

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581599;
    They were definitely turning.

But, I don't even see him as indecisive. I see him as intentionally choosing not to rush one of the really good parts of a relationship....
    Reid himself said that he's "indecisive," at dinner with Jilly. This gels with his parents saying that he always needs to ask everyone's opinion before deciding something.

But I agree. I think he's being smart, and realistic.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

I can't believe I finally did this...but I allowed my husband to enter in my world. I really wanted him to decipher the goodbye scene with Jillian and Reid. "Good luck", "call me", etc.... He put on the surround sound and he found the right speaker to listen to....and without a doubt he said "good luck".. Noooooooooooooo!!!! I don't know whyI hadn't thought of that. I also heard it with my own ears too with the super hi-fi sound...He also heard Jillian say ILY to Reid in head hugging scene. That one I didn't even tell him about and he heard it right away. Hmmmm....

But before I did that I made him watch the final 3's dates much to my dismay....but i had to have a neutral party -- one that has never watched a single episode EVER!!!!

Kip -- really no comment. Reid - very nervous - felt it was because of cameras, little immature, not able to express himself very well. Ed -no eye contact, swarmy, smelling armpit, erectile dysfunction (can't use the words he described ), and said Ed reminded him of Vince Vaughn's character in Wedding Crashes - even looked liked him too.

Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3581614;
    I can't believe I finally did this...but I allowed my husband to enter in my world. I really wanted him to decipher the goodbye scene with Jillian and Reid. "Good luck", "call me", etc.... He put on the surround sound and he found the right speaker to listen to....and without a doubt he said "good luck".. Noooooooooooooo!!!! I don't know whyI hadn't thought of that. I also heard it with my own ears too with the super hi-fi sound...He also heard Jillian say ILY to Reid in head hugging scene. That one I didn't even tell him about and he heard it right away. Hmmmm....

But before I did that I made him watch the final 3's dates much to my dismay....but i had to have a neutral party -- one that has never watched a single episode EVER!!!!

Kip -- really no comment. Reid - very nervous - felt it was because of cameras, little immature, not able to express himself very well. Ed -no eye contact, swarmy, smelling armpit, erectile dysfunction (can't use the words he described ), and said Ed reminded him of Vince Vaughn's character in Wedding Crashes - even looked liked him too.

Yes I have always been on the Reid train, but hubby was never allowed to watch any episodes with me - due to his inappropriate and smart-aleck comments. So indeed Ed is getting a very bad edit and i would be so so surprised if he is indeed last man standing . Hubby couldn't believe that she didn't send Ed home that night. The plot thickens...
    Hilarious!! I think your hubs is right now. They are giving Ed an awful edit so the audience is absolutely freaking out that he's going to win over sweet, neurotic Reid. They love these scenarios and do them frequently- skanky Bevin vs. pure as snow Tessa, smarmy Charlie vs. perfect Ryan, ect ect. It will be fine.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581507;
    All I get on Ed is Brad Garrett.
    I see the Brad Garrett w/ Ed but also Greg Brady. He's like a hybrid Brad Brady.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581559;
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for the transformation because at this point all I see is indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed.
    I understand why some see indecisive and neurotic, seeing as those were words Reid used to describe himself---although I maintain that those descriptors were used as exaggerations of what are more like tendencies than serious problems. Deeply flawed? I don't see deeply flawed. When I hear that term I think of someone who has serious issues that can't be overcome and are damaging to the person and others. I don't see those characteristics in Reid, even in his edited form. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3581579;
    It's all in the eye of the beholder is it not.

Other eyes will see it as Reid clutching up and overcoming his fears and going for it.
    That is afterall how great things happen!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3581626;
    I understand why some see indecisive and neurotic, seeing as those were words Reid used to describe himself---although I maintain that those descriptors were used as exaggerations of what are more like tendencies than serious problems. Deeply flawed? I don't see deeply flawed. When I hear that term I think of someone who has serious issues that can't be overcome and are damaging to the person and others. I don't see those characteristics in Reid, even in his edited form. JMO.
    Me either. I don't think him being scared out of his mind about all of this is a flaw at all.