Page 48 of 939 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3581370;
    This is the question I have repeatedly asked..I think this SC is the last 5 minutes. The look on both of their faces says "surprise" to me..they are walking into/towards something that elicits that type of spontaneus smile/laugh... Jillian is squinching up her nose...and CH is ready to bust a gut! so what is generating that response...the only thing/person I can think of is Reid...unless Ed is there in one of his ridiculous outfits
    I've been saying this since that screencap came out. No way could it be anyone else. Jillian lets herself loose with laughing with Reid.
    Staying in my Reid Jillian happy bubble for 9 more days

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581507;
    I get a little Sean Penn from Reid sometimes, too. (Looks only.)

All I get on Ed is Brad Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3581447;
    the above bolded statement will be the final chapter in this "trilogy"... I thought it was so apparent when they pulled back from the scene of Ed and Jilly wrapped in each others arms and they panned down onto the name of the boat... it was called the TRILOGY, and yes, it is the actual name of the boat according to their site.

//partially deleted to save space///

all that's missing now is part 3...

part 3. to come... we already know that Ed has told her that he loves her, he sees long term in their future. I think based on the FS date he is even willing to look like a fool on national tv for her if that is what it takes. he will go thru whatever test she wants to put him thru to prove that he wants her. I think they are hiding their relationship with the over the top stuff. the most over the top = the most hidden. I think in the end at the FRC Ed is F1 and that Jilly tells him finally what he has been needing to hear. that he is the one for her.. that she is in love with him and is willing to see where it will go. I think he tells her to hold that thought... there is one more thing. I believe that is where he goes back down the walkway and comes back out with family in tow, possibly hers and his. he will tell the folks how much he loves and cherishes their daughter and would ask her father's permission to marry his daughter. I think this points to the sc of her standing there with her hand to her heart. Ed is Jillian's concept of her prince... he wooed her, left her and came back for her to save her from choosing no one.

he is the one that was so hard to let go... even tho they are trying to make it look like it is Reid. it was Ed that shook her to the core when he left, she told his mom that when he left she worried -- what if I get to the end and I am still wondering if Ed was the one. that is how affected she was. I think he will get down on one knee and propose... the one that was so hard to let go.
    Love this Part 3 Scenerio! ITA that Ed is even willing to look like a fool on TV to win his love. He has pulled out all the stops to ensure she knows how he feels about her to include public humilitation. He is the one that dramatically leaves and returns, flys his parents to HI, is this first to say "I love you" and runs to her side while she cries on the bench broken hearted. If Ed is F1, I have no doubt that he will make a dramatic entry and plea to win her heart. I have also speculated that he will bring both of their families to witness the event - what a brilliant ending! Prince charming pursues his princess.

I am a sucker for a fairy tale ending.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 07-17-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weesa;3581472;
    ITA, and why does it appeal to lots of people - because it happens to a lot of people out there.
    I think, too, that the journey of the Reid 'character' is very appealing to people. He is shown to us in the beginning as the unlikely hero-- indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed, but in the end is ultimately transformed by love.

The show hasn't dedicated as much care in showing us the personal 'journey' of Ed. Kip, even less so.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581552;
    I think, too, that the journey of the Reid 'character' is very appealing to people. He is shown to us in the beginning as the unlikely hero-- indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed, but is ultimately transformed by love.

The show hasn't dedicated as much care in showing us the personal 'journey' of Ed. Kip, even less so.
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for the transformation because at this point all I see is indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3581498;
    I think you misunderstood my question to Cheekychook. I was responding to what she had to say. Sorry.
    If I remember your question correctly I would say the simplest answer is that they left in Jillian saying she won't do what Jason did for the same reason they had Deanna repeatedly tell the story of what Brad did to her. They want the primary to state and be confident that they won't screw up as those who've gone before them have, so then it can be shown that they do screw up, at least to some degree, as screwing up is inevitable in this process. That's where I think Fleiss likes to think he keeps the "real" in his "reality" TV. Plus, keep in mind, if Jillian's actual story played out at her FRC or is still going to play out at the yet to be filmed AFRC, then any statements she made about "not pulling a Jason" would have been made before she had any idea of whether or not she would wind up "pulling a Jason" in the end. She can't speak with certainty about what has yet to occur. Again, JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581552;
    I think, too, that the journey of the Reid 'character' is very appealing to people. He is shown to us in the beginning as the unlikely hero-- indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed, but in the end is ultimately transformed by love.

I disagree. Not a big fan of Ed's but I think they've definitely set up Ed to be a flawed hero. They've dedicated a lot of screen time to his departure and return and struggle as a workaholic trying to find love.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581559;
    Unfortunately we are still waiting for the transformation because at this point all I see is indecisive, neurotic, and deeply flawed.
    Well, yes. I'm presupposing that he does return and profess his love, thus overcoming his flaws.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3581549;
    Love this Part 3 Scenerio! ITA that Ed is even willing to look like a fool on TV to win his love. He has pulled out all the stops to ensure she knows how he feels about her to include public humilitation. He is the one that dramatically leaves and returns, flys his parents to HI, is this first to say "I love you" and runs to her side while she cries on the bench broken hearted . If Ed is F1, I have no doubt that he will make a dramatic entry and plea to win her heart. I have also speculated that he will bring both of their families to witness the event - what a brilliant ending! Prince charming pursues his princess.

I am a sucker for a fairy tale ending.
    Me too. Too bad we're not playing for the same team this time around . I can't see anyone sweeping Jilly off of her feet and getting her to squeal and giggle like Reid can.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581559;
    I think we started to see the transformation in the limo - finally admits he was falling in love with her, realizes she probably didn't know it, shows determination that it's not over with her......wheels are turning