Page 46 of 939 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146546 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3581332;
    About #2, I have seen other people post this scenario before and I think it's beyond implausible. One guy is such good friends with another, that he agrees to not sleep with her so the other guy can and then she can let other guy go at the next RC? What?

About #3, I don't even know what to say. She slips him something in his drink? Seriously?

I just want to make sure I have all the conspiracies in order--Jill, Kip and Reid are all in on some kind of plan to let Reid go, the proverbial "kick in the pants" he needs to make a decision (or producer manipulated, whatever you choose to believe), and in the meantime, the plan--agreed to by all parties--is to completely throw Ed under the bus by purposefully making him fall asleep and then calling it something different on the same day TPTB went to the time, expense and effort to fly in his parents from Michigan, tape them, presumably enter into contracts with them, etc. All of this as a machination so we can have an F3 win, so that Fleiss can truly have something happen that has never happen before. Have I got all that straight? Oh my gosh, indeed.
    Yep...I know you are being sarcastic and don't really beleive this but I think you have got it dead right....come and join the cynical side!!! So far this season more than any other has opened my eyes to how manipulated and manufactured alot of the drama is. Don't get me wrong I think the bachelorette does get to choose her favorite(s) in the end but to they go along with the producer's story line to all intents and purposes. I don't think it was so much like this to the same extent when the show started way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581394;
    So, if it had been Kip or Ed, returning instead of Reid - asking for a second chance then that's ok, too, with everyone? Just want to make sure that the same rules apply to all.
    I think the rules went out the window with last season. Allowing Ed to leave and return sets a new presidence and allowing ANY of the rejected to return goes into overload of rule breakage...Obviously this season there are NO RULES..Wes was allowed to be the bad boy..fame seeker,..Ed has been allowed to leave (for whatever reason) and return and still be there in the end. The truth is I don't see either Kip or Ed returning AGAIN if she rejects them, I think they will be relieved. Kip is there to "advertise himself" for the next bach..not a bad gig for such a nice looking guy. Ed is there for drama...I don;t think he expected to be there in the end...he obviously gave production a hard time, so wasn't such a nice guy after all. Maybe he & MeAnna can hook up and be divas together...

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581430;
    Ed always reminded me of Robert Downey Jr.

And I'm sorry, but Reid is NOT Chandler. He's Wayne Gretzky!

haha! I think he looks like Curtis Stone (take home chef)

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3581419;
    I rewatched Jillian and Reid's HI date last night and I watched the BT body language interview this morning. In the body language interview, the body language expert analyzes Jillian's interactions with each of the final three and backs up his conclusions with clips. The body language interview was filmed before Reid was let go on Mon.

The expert says that Ed never looks at Jillian and then shows clips of their dinner conversation where that is the case. I think that is what has made me uncomfortable with Ed during this show.

The expert says that Kip and Jillian are attracted to each other, but not that interested in each other because they don't look at each other a lot. This was not as clear to me as the Ed explanation.

The expert says that Reid and Jillian have a strong connection. They look into each others eyes a lot and touch a lot. I noticed in their HI date that Jillian even picks lint off of Reid like Meredith did with Ian!

The body language expert says that he does not know if Jillian willl pick Reid, but that Reid is who she should pick. I have to say I agree with him!
    When it comes to body language experts, they don't have a really good record with picking the final one...especially on this board.

[QUOTE=AvalonR;3581430;]Ed always reminded me of Robert Downey Jr.

QUOTE]

Reid looks like Wayne Gretzky, but he acts like Chandler Bing!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3581440;
    When it comes to body language experts, they don't have a really good record with picking the final one...especially on this board.
    Maybe they should start to listen...could be why the "couples" never have a lasting relationship !

At lest on Daisy Of Love...she has her tarot card reader come and help her pick the guys
    Last edited by fan*addict; 07-17-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: for some humor

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3581073;
    Very Nicely summed up..
    Ed is NO " plant"..
    That is so SILLY.. Ed isn't an actor or a wanna be like some have been.He loves his job.It has been his life until this point.

He is an average Joe who came from a middle American , hardworking family that instiiled values of hard work in him and character.
    He left the show for work issues and really worked hard to get back on.
    He is the" comeback kid" as CH has said ..
    I think he is very , very much into Jill and has very strong feelings , Like he has never felt like before in his life.
    Sometimes those feelings can make you look alittle "over the top ", corny,or goofy..like a love sick teenager.
    I think they call it L O V E..

He will make his full comeback in the finale ..
    the above bolded statement will be the final chapter in this "trilogy"... I thought it was so apparent when they pulled back from the scene of Ed and Jilly wrapped in each others arms and they panned down onto the name of the boat... it was called the TRILOGY, and yes, it is the actual name of the boat according to their site.

part 1. he came to the show simply to see where it would go, for a life adventure never suspecting that he could actually find someone he is interested in, no evidence to say that he had any hidden agenda. they have that 1/1 date with the helicopter "cherry popping", the rappelling off the "what floor is this anyway? the top one Ed." their fun in the pool where they definitely have chemistry Jill sitting on his lap and kissing him in the water, and then their rooftop dinner where they have plenty of conversation and more kisses. he then moves to the mansion and is there with her for 3 days that we have no idea what it going on. he does find himself more than just interested in the girl, and as he told Jillian in the Seville over night... I knew that I had a crush on you, that I could really like you. in Whistler he is weighing work and romance and taking chances. he knows that he has a crush on the girl, but is a 'crush' worth throwing everything away? on the snowmobile date, he is more reserved according to a voice over by Jillian. she dances on the ice bar and as she dismounts, calls to Ed to catch her, which he does. they have their "I have to make a decision about work or stay" conversation, and in the end he leaves... and according to Jilly she was totally heartbroken that he left. in the conference with CH before the rose ceremony, he brings up that she was falling in love with Ed, and that his departure is affecting her more than her rejection by Jason.

part 2. but Ed returns because he hasn't been able to forget her and nothing seems to make sense but for him to come back and be with her. she accepts him back by giving him a rose to continue and they have great alone time in Spain where she asks what is the difference between before he left and now... and he says before he left he knew she was someone he could really like, but now he knows that he really likes her. then in Hawaii he gives her what she has in her mind what was a stumbling block, not meeting his parents. she sees that Ed is listening to her and trying to give her what she needs to make her decision fairly.

so the first two parts of the trilogy according to Jillian are: based on the PI from the boat...
    she says that Ed has done 2 really very important things in her eyes,
    -the first being he came back to her and
    -the second was giving her the opportunity to meet his parents.

all that's missing now is part 3...

part 3. to come... we already know that Ed has told her that he loves her, he sees long term in their future. I think based on the FS date he is even willing to look like a fool on national tv for her if that is what it takes. he will go thru whatever test she wants to put him thru to prove that he wants her. I think they are hiding their relationship with the over the top stuff. the most over the top = the most hidden. I think in the end at the FRC Ed is F1 and that Jilly tells him finally what he has been needing to hear. that he is the one for her.. that she is in love with him and is willing to see where it will go. I think he tells her to hold that thought... there is one more thing. I believe that is where he goes back down the walkway and comes back out with family in tow, possibly hers and his. he will tell the folks how much he loves and cherishes their daughter and would ask her father's permission to marry his daughter. I think this points to the sc of her standing there with her hand to her heart. Ed is Jillian's concept of her prince... he wooed her, left her and came back for her to save her from choosing no one.

he is the one that was so hard to let go... even tho they are trying to make it look like it is Reid. it was Ed that shook her to the core when he left, she told his mom that when he left she worried -- what if I get to the end and I am still wondering if Ed was the one. that is how affected she was. I think he will get down on one knee and propose... the one that was so hard to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3581437;
    I think the rules went out the window with last season. Allowing Ed to leave and return sets a new presidence and allowing ANY of the rejected to return goes into overload of rule breakage...Obviously this season there are NO RULES..Wes was allowed to be the bad boy..fame seeker,..Ed has been allowed to leave (for whatever reason) and return and still be there in the end. The truth is I don't see either Kip or Ed returning AGAIN if she rejects them, I think they will be relieved. Kip is there to "advertise himself" for the next bach..not a bad gig for such a nice looking guy. Ed is there for drama...I don;t think he expected to be there in the end...he obviously gave production a hard time, so wasn't such a nice guy after all. Maybe he & MeAnna can hook up and be divas together...
    I don't think either Kip or Ed is returning either - I was only asking if the same rule would apply to all and if everyone would be embracing it in the same fashion. Say Reid was in the F2 and she opted to go with a returnee?

Also, I don't think we can say what any of these folks motivations for being on the show are at this point (except Wes). The only person she asked was Kip and he told her he wanted to step outside of his comfort zone and try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581430;
    Ed always reminded me of Robert Downey Jr.

Very interesting. Wayne Gretzky was an Edmonton Oiler for many years before going to the US. And....Jill's favourite team is the Oilers.

Nicely Done!

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3581427;
    Ed is Chip from My Three Sons. His hair in Hawaii sealed it for me!
    Ed is a dead ringer for Jeffery Dean Morgan......He plays Denny on Grey's anatomy.......I wish I knew how to bring in pics!