Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3596871;
    I don't think he'll propose. :nono I think he'll give her the ring as a sign of his commitment.
    ITA! That will be more powerful than a forced engagement ring IMO. Look at Reid's storyline about commitment throughout the season. Not only have he and Jillian talked about it, but the train guy and his dad have discussed it with him. Go for it ---- and that's what he's going to do. Jillian and CH will have big smiles on their faces at the end of this, and it won't be due to an engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3597373;
    something just occurred to me:

the MTA was very much the frat boys vs. the gentlemen (man code) ....could this be a foreshadowing of what plays out at the final? reid is definitely not a 'meat-head' like he calls them and ed is definitely exhibiting more and more 'meat-head' tendencies and fratboy antics as per his recent edit/outtakes
    i would say kip is the goody-2-shoes sweet, adorable boyfriend type i.e not a meat-head
    I could totally see this going down. Who will Jill choose: her usual, baboon type or the refined, serious boyfriend/husband potential?

Where does Reid fit in?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3597383;
    Jillian: "I was NOT ready to let Reid go..."
    She wasn't ready to let the other two go either.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3597401;
    ITA! That will be more powerful than a forced engagement ring IMO. Look at Reid's storyline about commitment throughout the season. Not only have he and Jillian talked about it, but the train guy and his dad have discussed it with him. Go for it ---- and that's what he's going to do. Jillian and CH will have big smiles on their faces at the end of this, and it won't be due to an engagement.
    welll, that could explain why she keeps saying I am so happy and not the normal I am engaged stuff that is in every interview during most seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyMart;3597398;
    I have a few things I wanted to add here. Jillian, who I love, is not the sweet, and innocent that she has been portrayed as. She has a wild side to her, and she will not give that up. Kiptyn is great, but he sort of has a stick up his butt when compared to Jillian. Jillian seems to want more fun than that, more excitement. Ed has that wild side, but is a workaholic. He is missing balance. Ed has been my pick since this whole show began. Then enter Reid. The show gives us his love story. He offers Jillian, sincerity, fun, honesty and a best friend. All along on each interview I have heard Jillian on, she says she will not compromise she must have her best friend and someone who will love her forever. I don't think this can end badly for Jillian. These are 3 great guys. Jillian promises in one of her interviews that the last 5 minutes will have women everywhere cheering. I think she will make her choice at the FRC and we will not have to wait until ATFRC. As much as I like Ed, my vote is for Reid.
    CH has been saying the Ed is her best friend now though?

However, I agree with you! If Jillian has any sort of common sense, she'll choose the man who makes her better and who she likes herself around vs. her usual type. I hope she tossed that list away and burned it forever.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3597408;
    I could totally see this going down. Who will Jill choose: her usual, baboon type or the refined, serious boyfriend/husband potential?

Where does Reid fit in?
    I think that's the best quality in Reid - he combines the two - he is balanced in the sense that he can be serious (not quite refined), yet he can have fun (not quite baboon). He's got a great personality.

FORT Fogey

Where does Reid fit in?
    CH mentions Ed being best friend but worried about chemistry. With Kip she has the chemistry but feels insecure. I don't know if this was telling or not but it seems both fit part of what she wants and neither all of what she wants. Reid could end up being the mix of both.

FORT Regular

Where does Reid fit in?
    Maybe she will believe he is a good mix of both!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3596617;
    There is no proof that Reid is the one holding the ring. The Sc's show hands holding a ring....then Reid with his head down....no hand/rings/Reid together. Not saying it did not happen, just saying there is no photographic proof.
    There was some pretty extensive hand analysis done when we were analyzing the blue suit/ring/hand shot. Reid has really distinctive hands. Those hands holding that eternity band are definitely Reid's.

Sorry if I'm late to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3597401;
    He's going to ask to get married right then and there?