Page 44 of 939 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581366;
    Lol..it sounds rather tawdry, doesn't it, no matter how one tries to rationalize it. True love, indeed

What I think will be interesting if she does go the Reid route, is how they're going to prevent Jillian's villification, as she will be guilty of leading on not one but two men for her own purposes.

Two fanbases, that when combined, far exceed Reid's. It'll be like Jason all over again from a PR perspective - a tough sell.
    The only thing I can think of that would prevent any major backlash, is if the Ed rumours turn out to be true. I think this would make the Ed camp turn against him, and while they may not be thrilled that Jillian picked Reid, they won't be furious that she didn't pick Ed.

But to be honest, I think the majority of viewers will be happy with a Reid-Jillian ending. Boy meets girl. Boy screws up. Girl gets scared. Boy realizes the error of his ways and wins girl back. That kind of story appeals to a lot of people.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3581385;
    maybe Kip smiles at them because he does not consider Reid a threat at all..
    There is no way he is smiling because he is happy for them,
    Ah..no way..
    Yep. Kip leaves because one or both of them weren't feeling it. Period. It has nothing to do with Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581394;
    So, if it had been Kip or Ed, returning instead of Reid - asking for a second chance then that's ok, too, with everyone? Just want to make that the same rules apply to all.
    It already happened with Ed, right? A fact that did not go unnoticed by any of the guys or fans. Even Reid mentioned it. Especially since it happened with Ed, it means all of the guys are allowed second chances. Would I be happy if it was Kip or especially Ed? No. Would the rules apply to them too? Yes.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3581394;
    So, if it had been Kip or Ed, returning instead of Reid - asking for a second chance then that's ok, too, with everyone? Just want to make sure that the same rules apply to all.
    Since Ed has already left the show and returned when the odds were much better...I think there are already some questions about what the rules even are.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581399;
    The only thing I can think of that would prevent any major backlash, is if the Ed rumours turn out to be true. I think this would make the Ed camp turn against him, and while they may not be thrilled that Jillian picked Reid, they won't be furious that she didn't pick Ed.

But to be honest, I think the majority of viewers will be happy with a Reid-Jillian ending. Boy meets girl. Boy screws up. Girl gets scared. Boy realizes the error of his ways and wins girl back. That kind of story appeals to a lot of people.
    I agree. Isn't that the basis for however many rom-coms you can think of??!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3581399;

And if Kip is next Bach - all the bases on all 3 guys are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3581337;
    I don't see them putting Jillian on a commercial flight that terminates in Philadelphia. I just don't buy that.
    I find this unlikely too. There are not a lot of non-stop flights from LAX to Philly especially thru United...Their best bet is to meet in NYC. Reid can take a short train to NYC. ABC has a ton of contracted hotels in that city.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3581407;
    I agree. Isn't that the basis for however many rom-coms you can think of??!!
    Almost all of them. The exceptions would mostly be when either boy or girl dies. And even then, sometimes they come back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3581392;
    I know Ed has had some ridiculous outfits - the best being his Mr. Roper suit - but I do think he looked very nice in his grey suit in the FRC caps. Give credit where credit is due.
    Are we talking about Three's Company here? If we go with look-alikes
    Reid is (Chandler Bing)Matthew Perry, Chris Harrison
    Kip is
    Ed is

Anyone know who the other two look like?

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3581386;
    Where on ABC?

Thank you.
    Maybe I was wrong with ABC - but this is where I read it
    Bachelorette spoilers: ABC Video proves Reid's return at finale; will Jillian Harris take him back?