Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3596500;
    --------------

yes but what is strange to me is that the ones they describe as their type are always the ones the bachelor or the bachtte does not end up with. Jason said that about Melissa, Deanna about Graham, Jillian about Ed. I woder if they let that statement in on porpose so that people think oh he is her type he must be her F1.
    Well, Jason initially picked Melissa remember? DeAnna would have picked Graham, he didn't want her. Jillian is going to be Ed, not sure how the whole relationship is going to end up. I remember Trista saying that Charlie was her type, and she ended up with Ryan and look how that worked out for them.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Just wanted to recap where we are with the "insiders" Did I miss anything?

1. sdl - had something big but it looks like it either didn't pan out or is not that important in the grand scheme of things anymore.

2. Lisamill - Says she is certain Reid and Jillian have not spent time together since the filming ended.:nono

3. Freedom0927 - Says her source says they have seen each other and are very happy right now...??

4. Reality Steve knows nothing this time around.

FORT Fogey

I don't know who she picks, but it seems like TPTB are not doing her any favors if they show her reject the guy who's been portrayed as one step away from sainthood, and another guy who showed great inner growth and courage by bravely coming back to express the feelings she wanted to hear ... all in favor of a guy who's been portrayed as having erectile dysfunction (or at least not feeling romantic enough toward her to stay awake) and a frat boy mentality. That would be a very disappointing ending to the story for me. Although of course, if she picks Ed and is happy (for more than a few months), then who cares what I think. He must have hidden charms that I just didn't see ... very hidden ... buried in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by nora3262;3596520;
    Just wanted to recap where we are with the "insiders" Did I miss anything?

1. sdl - had something big but it looks like it either didn't pan out or is not that important in the grand scheme of things anymore.

2. Lisamill - Says she is certain Reid and Jillian have not spent time together since the filming ended.:nono

3. Freedom0927 - Says her source says they have seen each other and are very happy right now...??

4. Reality Steve knows nothing this time around.
    I didn't know that lisamill said that. I thought that she said she was unsure....hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by portmoodygal;3596514;
    No - Jilli has really not said anything or given anyone any indication of her choice. She is awesome that way -they picked a great gal who can keep a secret.

I can see her participating in a good plot, i.e. maybe the sending home of Reid was scripted for his happy return later, but not a malicious plot.

I am also pretty sure , based on all the wondrful things I have heard about her from people that know her, that in the end she will not let any of the guys humiliate themselves by getting on bended knee if she has no intention of accepting. She's just not that kind of girl.
    I posted before that I think Jillian is the most impressive Bachelorette I've seen. She seemed to really care for the guys' feelings. She didn't seem demanding. And I think the whole "tell me constantly how you feel" was just her carrying out the show. In fact, I remember her saying in a conversation - probably with Reid - that she isn't the type to demand the words all of the time, but has to for this situation (I think that was in Spain.). She seems mature and level-headed. Even if I don't agree with her final decision, I think I'd like her if I met her in person. But if she's not in love with Reid, she's a better actress than I think!

The thing that keeps driving me to the conclusion that Reid is F1 is that if this franchise has become so producer-driven, what was the point of keeping Reid around another week, just to shoot him down again? Why not let Reid have his say at the MTA, and be done with that particular bit of drama? Why prolong it another week, just so Reid can appear at the ATFR show and say exactly what he would have said the week before? Was it to "hide" the amazing connection between Jillian and either Ed or Kip? I don't think so - if our sleuthers are to be believed - and I think they should be - Reid won't appear until the end of the show, and it isn't exactly like TPTB are trumpeting his return. They're alluding to it, sure, but not shouting it from the mountaintops. The average non-FORTer out there might not even have noticed the split second reference to him at the very end of the show.

So, why bring him back? Do you really think that even if Reid thought he had a chance TPTB would have let him back if it didn't advance their agenda? I don't think so. There has to be a reason that they let Reid come back to confront Jillian - and I can't figure out a reason other than because she'd say "yes" to a proposal from him.

Believe me, I'm still not convinced that Reid is F1, but someone please explain to me why TPTB let Reid come back. How else does it advance their story line?

Quote Originally Posted by reidlove;3596487;
    It's so interesting how last night all the hope that Reid fans had for Reid as F1 was rekindled and today, it seems like it is all gone
    Not gone...still hopeful it's just we're pensive because we know what Fleiss can be like.
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3596517;
    Well, Jason initially picked Melissa remember? DeAnna would have picked Graham, he didn't want her. Jillian is going to be Ed, not sure how the whole relationship is going to end up. I remember Trista saying that Charlie was her type, and she ended up with Ryan and look how that worked out for them.
    -------------------------

Well I wonder if they as soon as they know who is F1 that they probably would cut the part where she says he is my type. And I wonder if they let that statemnt in because it's safe since he is not her F1? Don't know if I can explain it how I want to.

Maybe ifGraham would have been they would have cut that statement Deanna saying that . Maybe if Lelissa had been F1 they would have cut that too. And also same with Trista saying that about Charlie but ending up with Ryan.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by portmoodygal;3596432;
    One of my best friends is friends with Jilli and I can assure you that she would never deliberately hurt or manipulate anyone. She may end up letting him down gently, but there is no way she had any part in deliberately bringing back Reid to reject him just for ratings. TPTB may have had a hand in it, but not Jilli.
    I totally agree with this. If she "rejects" Reid again, then she didn't know he was coming back. It was all Reid's and the producer's idea if it goes south.

However, I don't think she would deliberately hurt Ed and Kip by "knowingly" bringing him back to accept the proposal, either..

As much as I like Reid, I think she let him go for her own personal reason..she'd didn't love him as much as the other guys..

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3596525;
    I didn't know that lisamill said that. I thought that she said she was unsure....hmmmm.

Here's what LisaMill had to say - sounds pretty definitive to me:

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3596083;
    Just to clarify again and then please move these conversations to the spoilers, Reid has not been with Jillian since the show wrapped. I would bet my life savings. Absolutely Positive they have not seen each other
    Now, I have not personally inspected LisaMill's financial statements, so it's hard to tell how serious a bet that would be