Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3596330;
    He stood just fine, he was dancing and picking her up, for criminy's sake! Believe me, my ex was a raging alcoholic, so I know this was nothing more than a few too many glasses of wine. That's all, and I would be willing to bet a lot of money that most of the guys and Jill got drunk on this show--we have commented enough times to know that Jill did.

Also, I want to point out that they have said that this particular RC took several hours and there was nothing there but alcohol. I am quite sure that played a part in all this. Please, please folks, this is such a non-issue.
    You're probably right that many of those guys have had one too many. And I have not been a big critic of Ed at all, even though I have liked him less and less over time. He just reminded me so much of my brother in law who is also an alcoholic who caused great harm to the family. The funny, slurring drunk who everyone loves because he's ridiculous and the life of the party, even when he can't put two words together.

Just struck me wrong. Very poor judgement on his part, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3596349;
    She had Reid to lose. There was no way, even if Fleiss promised that he could come back , that he'd follow through on that promise. Would you trust Fleiss? There was no way to be absolutely sure that Reid would want to come back. Maybe after a few days away from her, Reid would feel differently.
    Then she would have found her answer anyway. If after a few days away from her he felt differently then even if she took him to the F2 and then ultimately the F1, eventually it would have fallen apart anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedee;3596209;
    Sorry....they DID show that in the original episode 9 "bench seat" conversation between Reid and Jillian.
    I have it here on my PVR.
    Go to YT, look for Bach'ette 5 epi 9, and you'll see it there also.
    Maybe this is how rumours become facts?
    Just wondering.......
    Could be wrong here, but I do believe that they showed a new statement last night that was not in the F3 epi...

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3596372;
    I agree. Ed is in her comfort zone while Kiptyn, in particular, would take her out of her box. She has the good buddy vibe going with Reid, but she questioned whether life after the bubble would improve that to a partnership.

I think she stays in her zone and goes with Ed no matter what he confesses or denies...she is stubborn, after all. She has said she knew ahead of the FRC (I'm thinking around the time of the MTP and the LCD). Reid causes some drama, but she sticks with the choice that is safe and makes her happy.
    You're right. She has said that Ed is her type (which apparently hasn't worked out int he past so I'm not really sure why they still go for the same time) from the beginning. It would make sense for her to take the safe way out of this whole situation.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3596365;
    Just wanted to say I get what you are saying. I hope it's only that we are reading too much into it because then it could be anyone's hands holding the ring put with a shot of Reid staring out the balcony to make everyone think he comes back when he really doesn't.

I believe he does come back though so hopefully it is just a coincidence that we don't see HIM actually holding the ring.

At Jokers it appears the same railing appears in the ring cap and the Reid profile cap.

Plus it looks to me that the nails match??

I'm just logging in for the 1st time since last nights show...and wow I don't know if I'll ever catch up! Anyhoo~I thought all of the final 3 guys and their edits were fantastic! I think Ed is absolutely hilarious! It's possible I may even like him even better now. He's a normal guy plain and simple, and Jillian seems to love everything about him that most here at the FORT hate. David and Sasha are probably the only 2 that drove me up a wall. I kept waiting/hoping that someone would take David out... uggh! If they would've shown more of Reid and Jillian's interactions throughout the season I might have believed he stood a chance at being F1, but IMO there still just wasn't enough. I'm sure they'll be friends for a long time. Kip is one standup guy! It won't be long before he's married with children.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I think I want Reid to be the F1 that I'm forgetting a key moment in the show. Think about the Spain trip. Although Reid's and Kip's dates were nice, they were calm, civil, polite, kind of boring compared to kissing in the middle of a fountain with strangers looking on. Not to forget, all the camera people. But they're used to the camera people, but not all the other people around them. They didn't care.

Yes, there was kissing with Kip and Reid that day, but not like that.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't stand in the middle of a fountain kissing away unless I was oblivious to the world and totally head over in heels in love. It's Ed without a doubt.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3596337;
    I have a big problem with this, namely that she would manipulate Reid and lead Ed and Kip on unnecessarily. I don't think she's capable of that.
    One of my best friends is friends with Jilli and I can assure you that she would never deliberately hurt or manipulate anyone. She may end up letting him down gently, but there is no way she had any part in deliberately bringing back Reid to reject him just for ratings. TPTB may have had a hand in it, but not Jilli.

Quote Originally Posted by portmoodygal;3596432;
    One of my best friends is friends with Jilli and I can assure you that she would never deliberately hurt or manipulate anyone. She may end up letting him down gently, but there is no way she had any part in deliberately bringing back Reid to reject him just for ratings. TPTB may have had a hand in it, but not Jilli.
    Hi! thx for sharing!

Did you or any of your friends notice any interesting looks/smiles between Reid and Jilli at the F3 goodbye?? I'm putting a lot of stock in what I thought I saw then....

Quote Originally Posted by portmoodygal;3596432;
    thanks for your input, Im certain you are correct. I appreciate someone coming to her defense.