Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by katincanada;3596222;
    Maybe Ed felt bad that everyone was thinking he was gay..so he borrowed a tie from a MAN>>>>
    Yeah, a man with a card.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;3596268;
    Maybe he put it back on because it reminded him of one of the best nights of his life!

I'm really wondering if th brown suit walking guy and all the VOs about he came to my door...will even play a part in the finale. One of the season's hooks was that someone would be returning and they needed to illustrate that in the previews. So, they use some footage of Ed or Chris or random concierge, slap on some VOs for dramatic suspense and the sheep half watching at home get the idea. They couldn't very well use the money shot of Reid but they did have to get their storyline out there.
    Totally agree with the bolded...same thing with the lights on/off footage from Shayne/Brit season. I think they do that sort of thing a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3596275;
    I think Ed's tie has been messed with. The earlier promos had it looking kind of fuchsia and pink stripe looking.
    He's been wearing a lot of pink lately. It could be pink to match her dress.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3596108;
    I didn't think they showed him in a suit?
    Brown suit guy walking is Ed, I believe. Also, Ed is door guy.
    I think I agree with this Phyllie. I saw those shoes (dress shoes with buckles) on Ed at the RC in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3596058;
    The original post referenced alcohol toxicity and date rape. Obviously he was too drunk to drive, but I am sure he wasn't drunk enough to have his stomach pumped...
    Yes, that may have been overstating it, but those who have had experience with that type of behavior have had lots of scares before. I'm no expert, but IMO, the next stage of Ed's "inebriation" would have been passing out.

Getting so drunk that it is difficult to stand, difficult to speak, and difficult to understand people talking to you, is over the top. Especially for a 30 year old man, on a reality show, knowing that he will be filmed. Having one too many has happened to most of us, but not having the judgement to stay in control, especially in this situation, is a red flag IMO. This kind of behavior is usually seen at a bachelor party or some other "celebration." Not at a cocktail party.

FORT Regular

What did Jillian really have to loose in the long run by letting Reid go?

Reid was moving so slow that another week was not going to do it unless she give him a "kick in the pants." so she did. TPTB might have even suggested it since they were desparate for a story.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;3596268;
    I'm really wondering if th brown suit walking guy and all the VOs about he came to my door...will even play a part in the finale. One of the season's hooks was that someone would be returning and they needed to illustrate that in the previews. So, they use some footage of Ed or Chris or random concierge, slap on some VOs for dramatic suspense and the sheep half watching at home get the idea. They couldn't very well use the money shot of Reid but they did have to get their storyline out there.
    I completely agree with you on this. They teased that a rejected man would come back early - come to her door - and spontaneously propose. But it's pretty clear at this point that that's not what we're getting.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3596310;
    Yes, that may have been overstating it, but those who have had experience with that type of behavior have had lots of scares before. I'm no expert, but IMO, the next stage of Ed's "inebriation" would have been passing out.

Getting so drunk that it is difficult to stand, difficult to speak, and difficult to understand people talking to you, is over the top. Especially for a 30 year old man, on a reality show, knowing that he will be filmed. Having one too many has happened to most of us, but not having the judgement to stay in control, especially in this situation, is a red flag IMO. This kind of behavior is usually seen at a bachelor party or some other "celebration." Not at a cocktail party.
    He stood just fine, he was dancing and picking her up, for criminy's sake! Believe me, my ex was a raging alcoholic, so I know this was nothing more than a few too many glasses of wine. That's all, and I would be willing to bet a lot of money that most of the guys and Jill got drunk on this show--we have commented enough times to know that Jill did.

Also, I want to point out that they have said that this particular RC took several hours and there was nothing there but alcohol. I am quite sure that played a part in all this. Please, please folks, this is such a non-issue.
    Last edited by HCRecruiter; 07-21-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: clarification

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3596304;
    I think I agree with this Phyllie. I saw those shoes (dress shoes with buckles) on Ed at the RC in Spain.
    I still am not sure - does it even really mean anything? Another one of those shots thrown in there, with a random VO that really doesn't prove anything... IMHO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;3596311;
    What did Jillian really have to loose in the long run by letting Reid go?

Reid was moving so slow that another week was not going to do it unless she give him a "kick in the pants." so she did. TPTB might have even suggested it since they were desparate for a story.
    I have a big problem with this, namely that she would manipulate Reid and lead Ed and Kip on unnecessarily. I don't think she's capable of that.

For me the answer is more simple. I think she had strong feelings for each of the F3, and that she thought she was being pragmatic by eliminating the guy who was seemingly the least willing to commit. But I think she quickly realised she had made a mistake on the bench when Reid expressed his regret at not giving her the signals she needed.

There's no doubt in my mind that some interesting words were passed between Reid and Jillian that we didn't get to see. Because he left feeling like it wasn't over.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.