Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

  1. #4001
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    612

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyRN;3595192;
    Everyone is talking about the simple, non sparkly ring that Reid is holding. Yes it looks like an eternity ring, maybe he got it at the hotel gift shop or a nearby jewelry store. I hear HI has alot of jewelry shops. So maybe this is a promise/commitment ring and after they see how things progress then he will purchase the diamond with his own money and not on ABC's dime. Anything from the one you love is special, it doesn't have to be a huge Neil Lane diamond.
    Reid is staying close, w/i walking distance, to the Kings Shops, which has several jewelry stores, including a Tiffany's, but I didn't see any rings on their site that looks like Reid's, plus there is probably a jewelry store in the Hilton shops where it appears Reid is staying...

  2. #4002
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3595190;
    It's strange, because I thought Jillian looked less than thrilled at points in the clip of Ed's drunkenness. "Either you're drunk, or you don't care about me" and then Ed just points a big finger in her face. She actually seemed annoyed. But then she tells CH that she thought it was hilarious.

    But yeah, I do think Jillian is more like Ed than I had previously thought.
    She said she laughed about it, but she didn't seem to think it was funny when talking about it.

  3. #4003
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    There were 3 themes presented last night to set up the Finale:

    (1) Kiptyn -- was he (athletic, devoted to his charity, killer good looks) too perfect for her in her own mind (is wobbly giraffe legs on a ropes course sufficient to dispel her fears/insecurities)
    (2) Ed -- very disjointed presentation: "trouble in the fantasy suite" was mentioned in MTA show opener/recap of season, mid show they show how smashed he was in Vancouver, and during end of show recap highlight that Ed was hugely appealing/attractive to her all along the way. Indecipherable.
    (3) Reid -- broke her heart, wish I could have told her, wasn't ready ... end of show flash to him holding the ring, so now he's "ready" ... what will she say is the only unknown.

    If it's presented as a Happy Ending, it has to be that she bumped Ed/Kip (or they her individually or collectively), but gives Reid a second chance...with couple update at ATFR the next night.

    If it's a different sort of darker ending ("it's the journey, NOT the destination; I've grown as a person blah blah blah"), then she'll reject Reid to, or alternatively, give him an answer at ATFR.

    She cried her way from about episode 2 to episode 10, so any ending is plausible at this point.

    It will be interesting to see what the PR plan is as of Jimmy Kimmel.

    I thought she was WAY over-exposed in those early weeks of the season where she was doing interview after interview, making very inconsistent statements really, and all the while saying nothing about whether she was in a relationship.

    All of which points to a very interesting ATFR taping! I'm not sure anyone purporting to know spoilers is 100% sure what pieces of the puzzle remain to be filled in at the ATFR.

  4. #4004
    FORT Newbie superwumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3595127;
    The MTA was so phony...beyond belief, actually!

    Aside from other impressions that I have, Jake is very, very scary...and I hope to gosh that he's not the next Bachelor. ....
    Me too. One of RS' sources said that Jake felt he had to come back and confront Wes because "the Lord told him to do it."

    Ummm....I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously? The Lord spoke to you about what you should do regarding your appearance on The Bachelorette?

  5. #4005
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3594148;
    I thought the exact same thing about Kiptyn and that woman. She clearly is in love with him. I could tell the way she talked about him from the start and then she started crying? Yeah, unrequited Jim/Pam crush going on there.
    I think I noticed on the video that she was wearing an engagement and/or wedding ring. Take a look at her left hand on some of the quick shots of her.

  6. #4006
    FORT Fan bzindsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    305

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3595097;
    If they were alone in their apartment and he wanted to carry her around I doubt she would care if her panties were showing...

    People, she liked it. You may not have, and that's okay, but she obviously did, so let's just accept that, okay?
    Too Bad it wasnt Reid instead than it would have been Adorable - your right she liked it and she likes Ed too

  7. #4007
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3595222;
    There were 3 themes presented last night to set up the Finale:

    (1) Kiptyn -- was he (athletic, devoted to his charity, killer good looks) too perfect for her in her own mind (is wobbly giraffe legs on a ropes course sufficient to dispel her fears/insecurities)
    (2) Ed -- very disjointed presentation: "trouble in the fantasy suite" was mentioned in MTA show opener/recap of season, mid show they show how smashed he was in Vancouver, and during end of show recap highlight that Ed was hugely appealing/attractive to her all along the way. Indecipherable.
    (3) Reid -- broke her heart, wish I could have told her, wasn't ready ... end of show flash to him holding the ring, so now he's "ready" ... what will she say is the only unknown.

    If it's presented as a Happy Ending, it has to be that she bumped Ed/Kip (or they her individually or collectively), but gives Reid a second chance...with couple update at ATFR the next night.

    If it's a different sort of darker ending ("it's the journey, NOT the destination; I've grown as a person blah blah blah"), then she'll reject Reid to, or alternatively, give him an answer at ATFR.

    She cried her way from about episode 2 to episode 10, so any ending is plausible at this point.

    It will be interesting to see what the PR plan is as of Jimmy Kimmel.

    I thought she was WAY over-exposed in those early weeks of the season where she was doing interview after interview, making very inconsistent statements really, and all the while saying nothing about whether she was in a relationship.

    All of which points to a very interesting ATFR taping! I'm not sure anyone purporting to know spoilers is 100% sure what pieces of the puzzle remain to be filled in at the ATFR.
    Plus, Chris saying he wants to hear our reactions not after the finale, but after the ATFR is just plain odd to me.

  8. #4008
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by superwumby;3595226;
    Me too. One of RS' sources said that Jake felt he had to come back and confront Wes because "the Lord told him to do it."

    Ummm....I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously? The Lord spoke to you about what you should do regarding your appearance on The Bachelorette?
    I have no problem with Jake's religiosity-- that's his matter. But I distinctly recall him saying in his conference call that he's NOT religious!
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  9. #4009
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Ok Here me out on this one. The more I think about it the more I see that there was a lot of manipultion this season. I think Jillian found out about Ed's gf. She may or may not have confronted him. In the meantime we see a love story occurring between Reid and Jill. They need to down play their scenes but they don't want to use Kip because his too likeable and it would make Jill look bad. Therefore, they have Ed as the fall guy. I think the whole FSD is proof there is nothing between them, even though it looks like there is. Look at Jill when Ed is rubbing her legs, she looks like she is about to puke. If you notice Kip's FSD and Spain date were way more innocent. Also it's the reason we didn't see the bathrobe scene with Reid and Jill. It would have been too telling too soon. You have to think MF needed something hot like Reid's date to throw us off the track therefore Ed was the scape goat. She told Reid to trust her and if you were a potential bf/f/h and you saw Ed and Jill you would maybe question what you saw. I think that was Jill's way of telling him and us that she would never do anything to hurt him(eg. Kips' dates so innocent) and that whatever we/he see on tv is not what you think. I agree with the previous poster that them sending Ed home might have caused leaks or problems so they bring him back and request Jill take him to the F2.
    Last edited by cbgj222; 07-21-2009 at 11:58 AM.

  10. #4010
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by HCRecruiter;3595097;
    If they were alone in their apartment and he wanted to carry her around I doubt she would care if her panties were showing...

    People, she liked it. You may not have, and that's okay, but she obviously did, so let's just accept that, okay?
    Panties showing would be the least of her worries. Being physically over-powered by someone who is a foot taller and close to 100 pounds heavier is no joke. He was reeling and if he fell over and landed on top of her she could be seriously injured. If he vomited on her or all over the apartment or car and she had to clean it up it would not be much fun. He was so far beyond just being tipsy it looked as though he was bordering on acute alcohol toxicity.

    Then, as another poster pointed out, there is the possibility of date rape.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.