Page 3 of 939 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3579179;
    " I wonder if Jillian has got the heart to break up with anyone" Brad said this to Reid when Ed moves into the house. Could this be a foreshadowing for his return in the finale?

The fact they kept him away from MTA strongly indicates he has a role to play in the finale and his appearance in ATFRC.

The 10 reasons why Reid comes back and it's possible f3 becomes f1 scenario sounds plausible for a few simple reasons.

1. Walking out of the RC he chokes up when he asks her "Hope you made the right move, she is confused
    2, He tells her he is not sure if she is completely sure and she agrees (again, she's confused and he knows it
    3. Reid says when sitting on the bench they stared at each other and there was still that connection, didn't think it was over. He is the other half of that equation so he must know.
    5. If he could reverse things he would.
    6. He is not sure it is over between them completely YET. Biggest hint he is planning a comeback to get her back.
    7. Admits it was all his fault, he screwed himself by not telling her how he feels
    8. He is falling in love with her and she doesn't even know that (reason for him to go back to tell her)
    9. If Ed could leave and come back, so could he bec' he was there the whole time, just didn't open up sooner and give her what she needed
    10. He needs to tell her what she needs to hear about his feeling, isn't sure if it will make a difference (another incentive to give it a try)

Any thoughts? Gosh! I'm so confused
    I completely agree with you seeker...and then add the scenes with the train dude and his father + Jillian's VO after meeting his mother... They've been telling the Reid/Jillian story since the beginning and in the end... Reid will "take a risk because that's when amazing things happen" and Jillian "will take care of him". Tada...happily ever after!

In the preview for FRC, we hear Jillian say something like "Did I make the right decision?" I noticed again when watching clips that she said that about Reid the night in Spain when she didn't give him the FS card. Is this the same sound bite?

Also, are we 100% sure Kip will be the next Bachelor? Has that been released as fact? I agree with a previous poster who speculated Jake was originally set up for this. But now, with all of the Reid love, don't most people think Reid would be the most popular choice - if he's not already taken? Of course, I think he might be. Also in the video tribute his friend made, he once again says he wants to be in love. I got the impression this was before TB.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3579202;
    You just don't let someone go that you really want,especially on a "speed" dating show like this.It is all about staying until the end to see what connection is really formed "by the end". She could have waited and cut him at the FRC had she really wanted to keep him.I think we will see that in the finale that it wasn't there with Reid as much as it was with the other two.Just my thoughts on it...
    I don't think any of us is qualified to say what you do and don't do during the high-pressure final few days of an intense situation like this---I think it is perfectly reasonable for someone on either end (participant or primary) to rethink or second guess a lot of what they say/do/don't say/don't do. I see what you're saying about staying to the end, and normally I would agree with that, but I at no point heard Jillian say that she was more sure of HER feelings for the other 2 guys. I don't think she based her decision on HER feelings I think she may have based it on how she perceived them to be feeling---not actually even perceived, because I think she perceived that Reid was very into her, I think she wanted things spelled out from him, and IMO she tried so hard to get Reid to spell it out because he was the one she wanted to hear it from most. She didn't barrage Kip with questions or push him nearly as hard because I don't think she was as invested in hearing it from him. Ed said it on his own, without the barrage---and I won't even get into my opinion on that right now. I think Reid is right and Jillian at that time was confused. And I think that confusion came from the fact that she really liked Reid and couldn't get him to tell her in a concrete fashion that he was in love with her and would propose. JMO. No one has to agree with me.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3579225;
    In the preview for FRC, we hear Jillian say something like "Did I make the right decision?" I noticed again when watching clips that she said that about Reid the night in Spain when she didn't give him the FS card. Is this the same sound bite?

Also, are we 100% sure Kip will be the next Bachelor? Has that been released as fact? I agree with a previous poster who speculated Jake was originally set up for this. But now, with all of the Reid love, don't most people think Reid would be the most popular choice - if he's not already taken? Of course, I think he might be. Also in the video tribute his friend made, he once again says he wants to be in love. I got the impression this was before TB.
    I don't think any 100% info has come out about who the next bachelor is---except I THINK it was said it is for certain that he is someone from this season and not a new face. The ones speculated about are Jake, Kip and Michael according to what I have read. Not that that means anything!
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3579168;
    I agree that this is the set up for Reid coming back. She said she didn't get what she needed from Reid, specified exactly what that was, and he has the option of doing it or not. IF he does come back and proclaim his love how does that make Jillian look if she doesn't grab him? imo, It makes her to appear to be a hypocrite. In the limo Reid was VERY clear that he thought it was his fault and what he thought he should have done.
    Again, I agree, it COULD be very telling that she didn't say that she cared about other more. That really leaves the door open.
    Good point! She had DEEPER conversations with him, in between all of the joking. I know we don't see everything, but we didn't see that with Kip; and with Ed, most of it centered on his leaving and coming back. You're right, I don't think Jillian is going to want to end this with the public thinking she doesn't know what she wants. She would pretend at least. But I don't think she's pretending with Reid. Anyone who does, watch that Spain date again.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3579198;
    She didn't badger Kip for more info either, which to me indicates that Reid is the one she really wanted to hear it from. JMO.

I agree and think she sent Reid home F3 in a gamble to get him to come back and profess his love .....before time ran out!!!!!!!!! She knows Reid and how his mind works, remember him being desperate to talk with her at John Wayne rose ceremony to ask her why he didn't get the rose, him telling her she should have kicked him in the helicopter when they had the chance to marry, him telling her being indecisive is one of his issues, she knows he loves her she said she could see it in his eyes, she was hoping this would be the Push for him to make a decision & return to declare his love. That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3579243;
    Good point! She had DEEPER conversations with him, in between all of the joking. I know we don't see everything, but we didn't see that with Kip; and with Ed, most of it centered on his leaving and coming back. You're right, I don't think Jillian is going to want to end this with the public thinking she doesn't know what she wants. She would pretend at least. But I don't think she's pretending with Reid. Anyone who does, watch that Spain date again.
    I keep thinking about Jill telling Reid to "trust me". That was left in the edit, hmmm I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3579179;
    " I wonder if Jillian has got the heart to break up with anyone" Brad said this to Reid when Ed moves into the house. Could this be a foreshadowing for his return in the finale?

The fact they kept him away from MTA strongly indicates he has a role to play in the finale and his appearance in ATFRC.

The 10 reasons why Reid comes back and it's possible f3 becomes f1 scenario sounds plausible for a few simple reasons.

1. Walking out of the RC he chokes up when he asks her "Hope you made the right move, she is confused
    2, He tells her he is not sure if she is completely sure and she agrees (again, she's confused and he knows it
    3. Reid says when sitting on the bench they stared at each other and there was still that connection, didn't think it was over. He is the other half of that equation so he must know.
    5. If he could reverse things he would.
    6. He is not sure it is over between them completely YET. Biggest hint he is planning a comeback to get her back.
    7. Admits it was all his fault, he screwed himself by not telling her how he feels
    8. He is falling in love with her and she doesn't even know that (reason for him to go back to tell her)
    9. If Ed could leave and come back, so could he bec' he was there the whole time, just didn't open up sooner and give her what she needed
    10. He needs to tell her what she needs to hear about his feeling, isn't sure if it will make a difference (another incentive to give it a try)

Any thoughts? Gosh! I'm so confused

seeker- remember the VO "I love you more than anything in the world"...Reid is definitely coming back. I don't know that he would say that without the proper encouragement from Jillian.

Also, Let me add that this has to go down with Ed and Reid as the last 2. The guy who left and came back and the guy who was let go and came back…abc will have us on the edge of our seats, that's dramatic.

To top it off, Jill may have thought all along that Ed would be her F1 up until Reid left and she began to miss him and then she knew what she needed to do.

I've got more than a gut feeling that anyway you splice it, the edit points to Reid as F1.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3579255;
    seeker- remember the VO "I love you more than anything in the world"...Reid is definitely coming back. I don't know that he would say that without the proper encouragement from Jillian.

Also, Let me add that this has to go down with Ed and Reid as the last 2. The guy who left and came back and the guy who was let go and came back…abc will have us on the edge of our seats, that's dramatic.

To top it off, Jill may have thought all along that Ed would be her F1 up until Reid left and she began to miss him and then she knew what she needed to do.

I've got more than a gut feeling that anyway you splice it, the edit points to Reid as F1.
    That was totally Michael! He wasn't saying it directly to Jill, he said it during a PI (something about a note he'd like to leave each morning for the girl he loves).
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3579149;
    ITA - seems in other seasons they've always said "I just had to follow my heart, and I felt more strongly about the others". She isn't saying anything like that at all. In fact she says she put up a wall which led to her letting Reid go. If he comes back and says what she needs to hear, I think he'll tear that wall down and she'll keep him!
    She made her decision with her head and not her heart. That is why how she behaves at LCD and MTP will be a big clue. If she still has Reid on her mind, sees she is not being herself and laughing, she may well be regretting letting him go. I have been wondering if the PTB would have told or shown her what Reid said in the limo to her to convince him to give her a chance. He admits to falling in love with her. Wouldn't that have given her enough reason to decide to let the other two go after going through with the dates and meeting her family?

She says she is head over heels for Reid. She feels something with him she doesn't feel with any of the other guys, even gets a bit teary talking about (in PI) about how she wants to stay with him, cuddle with him, etc. that it could be bec' she could be falling in love with him. Most of all she never thought she would fall for someone like him, but she feels like herself when she is with him and she is happy and has this mutual bubbly connection with him. He even fits the profile of her future fiance/husband to a "T" - he makes her laugh.

Oh the list goes on..............maybe she had to let him go, miss him and at the same time light a fire under him. She asked him to trust her and maybe he finally opens up and lays it all on the line. If and when she sees how much it took him to take that chance and open up and pour his heart out (I know I read sappy romance novels knowing how scared he had been the whole time maybe she will give him a second chance. Lots of viewers are hoping she does.

If she put up a wall bec' she was scared of getting hurt and let him go, she may recognize he was scared of getting hurt too. Either they make up after the week apart and make a go of it in the real world. Or she decides not to revisit her decisions and move forward, which CH claims she has done before.
    Either way they have put it all out there.

If she chose Kip they have a chance to make it work. She may still be insecure about measuring up to him. (Reid was on her level)

If she chose Ed then she is going to hear all the rumors about him we have been hearing and feel insecure, have trust issues or stand by him (is she strong and secure enough to trust him if he didn't come clean about his life around the time he met her, if she thought Ed was an open book)? Slim chance of making it.

Any thoughts?