Page 22 of 939 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

The brown suit is actually gray?! Oh man, what have I missed...

Quote Originally Posted by bluegardenia989;3580177;
    I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?

Also, I believe he's into Jill but perhaps just not at the level where Jill is at. They've had a lot of meaningful conversation about their future. Jill's meeting with his parents went very well; he told his father that if Jill picked him, he could be engaged & that he didn't take marriage lightly, that he wanted to make it work between them & that he could see them together for a long, long time...so yes, I think there's a future for them but they have to really work hard at it...
    Boy, I sure never saw that. I'd like to if you can find it. The only thing I can think of that resembles what you're remembering is that brief article in OK Magazine before the season aired saying Jillian wasn't above manipulating the guys to get what she wanted. That would be a different context than yours, but is it possible that's what you remember?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3580284;
    You noticed he even mentioned Ed in the extended abc.com "diary"? Oh, he got the hint alright...

I have to agree with the growing theory that this is something done by both Jillian and the producers:
    1.) She wants to be 100% positive Reid will commit. This is her way of speeding up the process.
    2.) Being a F3 reject herself, the concept of a second chance is a great novelty viewers don't expect. It will floor them if it works as planned.
    3.) It all adds to the unexpected suspense. Non-sleuthers who don't read this forum will debate Ed vs. Kiptyn, not realizing she could select somebody else.
    4.) In order for it to work, he has to decide for himself. He already had all of his advice (train attendant, father's "head over heels" speech, Jillian's "fire under the butt" comment, "hint" with the helicopter minister). Time to stop analyzing and make a decision.
    5.) This will be billed his Leap Of Faith. Ed and Kiptyn had literal ones with skylining dates. His is an emotional one.
    6.) The theme of the season is "They say, they say love don't come easy..." (Oh yeah, I'm gonna get my Wes CD ready to play for the finale!) For somebody who has been hurt before and been only in love "just" one and a half times, he will need to feel some heartbreak in order to be sure he's "in love".
    7.) She's been testing him periodically. This is his final one. She wants a man to stand by her when times are tough.
    8.) If it doesn't work, she may pull a "Jen/Brad". However, thrusting Reid into the limo roseless and his knowing that she's with two guys she may be less happy with will certainly force him to take action.
    9.) Prior to doing this, she already gained a good perspective on him from his family (that she did not seek for with the other hometown dates).
    10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come down to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.
    I'm totally convinced Reid comes back with a commitment. I think he's the one who hasn't needed anyone behind the scenes suggesting buzz words, having virtual cue cards or even to write his video. He has spoken from his heart in his PIs and just needs to do that to Jillian's face. Once Reid gets over the first hurdle of this it will be all downhill.
    Staying in my Jillian happy bubble for 9 more days.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegardenia989;3580177;
    I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?

Also, I believe he's into Jill but perhaps just not at the level where Jill is at. They've had a lot of meaningful conversation about their future. Jill's meeting with his parents went very well; he told his father that if Jill picked him, he could be engaged & that he didn't take marriage lightly, that he wanted to make it work between them & that he could see them together for a long, long time...so yes, I think there's a future for them but they have to really work hard at it...
    There is no such interview. I have the slightest what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3580384;
    The brown suit is actually gray?! Oh man, what have I missed...
    someone was able to enhance the photo on their macbook. It's in one of these threads, I just don't remember! Those ugly buckled shoes match the FRC pic of Ed and Jillian as well (in my opinion) located in the screencap only thread. Well, you see the tip of those shoes in the FRC pic.

Does anyone know who this is? (from the Las Vegas/Men Tell All sc's)
    It sure looks like Helene to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3580397;

It is Helene...I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3580379;
    Sounds terrific to me, JBF. I wonder if part of the conversation on the bench was Reid's shock at her letting him go and Jillian dropping not so subtle hints that the FRC wasn't for almost a week. The only thing I can't figure about this scenario is how meeting Jillian's family would come in.
    Remember the schedule gave Jillian two days with her family. She probably told her parents about Reid. Once the other two guys meet them, maybe they will give their insight into the situation. I don't think Jillian can just on this time. When Ed left she was not in love with him. But things with Reid have progressed all along slowly but steadily. She already admitted to falling in love with him in her PI where she talks about wanting to just look into his eyes and just stay with him. Even if she wanted to, her heart will remind her of him.

CH once said they tend to edit as they go along each day. I am wondering if PTB decide to show Reid's exit video in the limo or even just clue her in on some of what he said and encourage her to give him another chance. Did they play both sides to get the drama from it for the finale?

Too bad we don't get to see her family meet Reid at MTP. They would have had a hilarious time with his sense of humor. Maybe once Reid is chosen he met with her family subsequently.

To me it looks like it might be Megan Parris from Jason's season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3580397;

No Helene has a rounder face and darker hair(of course she could change the color). Unless she had a nose job, her nose is not so pointy(for lack of a better word). I wondered who she was too.