Page 21 of 939 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3580315;
    Just so I really look bipolar...I just suggested Jillian might have thrown Ed under the bus, and now I present an exert from Chris Harrison's blog from the week Ed left.
    Interesting to note that he said when Jillian makes her mind up, that's it. Doesn't sound like she would reconsider someone she already rejected.
    Phyllie, thanks for being a voice of reason in an insane "world." I don't think it's bipolar to see more than one perspective (and I am a psychologist), I think it's objective.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=biglove44;3580324;]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegardenia989;3580177;
    I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?

Not sure if I believe that...where is this interview? I don't think she'd be that candid in an interview to say that this particular bachelor was secure in his masculinity to do this and that. If so, then everyone would have been prepare for it and wouldn't have made such a big deal about it the next day.

But...if someone finds the interview, then I was wrong.
    There was no such interview! No way in hell will they even allow her say anything like that please..........

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3579921;
    Me, too. I don't think he has given them anything else to work with.
    Smart guy, if he could beat Fleiss at his own game and not give him diddley-squat to manipulate the edit. Kip-Kip-Hoorey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3580284;
    You noticed he even mentioned Ed in the extended abc.com "diary"? Oh, he got the hint alright...

I have to agree with the growing theory that this is something done by both Jillian and the producers:
    1.) She wants to be 100% positive Reid will commit. This is her way of speeding up the process.
    2.) Being a F3 reject herself, the concept of a second chance is a great novelty viewers don't expect. It will floor them if it works as planned.
    3.) It all adds to the unexpected suspense. Non-sleuthers who don't read this forum will debate Ed vs. Kiptyn, not realizing she could select somebody else.
    4.) In order for it to work, he has to decide for himself. He already had all of his advice (train attendant, father's "head over heels" speech, Jillian's "fire under the butt" comment, "hint" with the helicopter minister). Time to stop analyzing and make a decision.
    5.) This will be billed his Leap Of Faith. Ed and Kiptyn had literal ones with skylining dates. His is an emotional one.
    6.) The theme of the season is "They say, they say love don't come easy..." (Oh yeah, I'm gonna get my Wes CD ready to play for the finale!) For somebody who has been hurt before and been only in love "just" one and a half times, he will need to feel some heartbreak in order to be sure he's "in love".
    7.) She's been testing him periodically. This is his final one. She wants a man to stand by her when times are tough.
    8.) If it doesn't work, she may pull a "Jen/Brad". However, thrusting Reid into the limo roseless and his knowing that she's with two guys she may be less happy with will certainly force him to take action.
    9.) Prior to doing this, she already gained a good perspective on him from his family (that she did not seek for with the other hometown dates).
    10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come dow to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.[/I]
    Nice post. I'm with you all the way!

I am on the mindset that she should not choose anybody if she just want to get engaged at the end of the this.

But evidence pointing to Reid returning is getting dim. Specially with the recent caps that brown suit is really grey, and grey and brown suit have maroon dotted ties-- so grey/brown suit is really Ed. Then the hugging guy as Valen was able to point out was Kip. I wonder if Reid came back why would they try to change the colors of their suits, if there really was a third guy who came back?

Plus, is it really a good idea to manipulate a guy to commit by rejecting him as F3? Isn't that a little cruel?
    Last edited by snarkattack222; 07-16-2009 at 10:59 PM.

You noticed he even mentioned Ed in the extended abc.com "diary"? Oh, he got the hint alright...

I have to agree with the growing theory that this is something done by both Jillian and the producers:
    1.) She wants to be 100% positive Reid will commit. This is her way of speeding up the process.
    2.) Being a F3 reject herself, the concept of a second chance is a great novelty viewers don't expect. It will floor them if it works as planned.
    3.) It all adds to the unexpected suspense. Non-sleuthers who don't read this forum will debate Ed vs. Kiptyn, not realizing she could select somebody else.
    4.) In order for it to work, he has to decide for himself. He already had all of his advice (train attendant, father's "head over heels" speech, Jillian's "fire under the butt" comment, "hint" with the helicopter minister). Time to stop analyzing and make a decision.
    5.) This will be billed his Leap Of Faith. Ed and Kiptyn had literal ones with skylining dates. His is an emotional one.
    6.) The theme of the season is "They say, they say love don't come easy..." (Oh yeah, I'm gonna get my Wes CD ready to play for the finale!) For somebody who has been hurt before and been only in love "just" one and a half times, he will need to feel some heartbreak in order to be sure he's "in love".
    7.) She's been testing him periodically. This is his final one. She wants a man to stand by her when times are tough.
    8.) If it doesn't work, she may pull a "Jen/Brad". However, thrusting Reid into the limo roseless and his knowing that she's with two guys she may be less happy with will certainly force him to take action.
    9.) Prior to doing this, she already gained a good perspective on him from his family (that she did not seek for with the other hometown dates).
    10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come down to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.
    Very well said. I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Love Reid's quote at the end. I also loved his PI about "corizon" - she has a piece of my heart.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3580349;
    I am on the mindset that she should not choose anybody if she just want to get engaged at the end of the this.

But evidence pointing to Reid returning is getting dim. Specially with the recent caps that brown suit is really grey, and grey and brown suit have maroon dotted ties-- so grey/brown suit is really Ed. Then the hugging guy as Valen was able to point out was Kip. I wonder if Reid came back why would they try to change the colors of their suits, if there really was a third guy who came back?

Plus, is it really a good idea to manipulate a guy to commit by rejecting her as F3? Isn't that a little cruel?
    I think Reid came back but just don't when, how or what happened thereafter.

FORT Newbie

I was just thinking about the whole season and something came across my mind. So I want to run it by you. Hopefully it's not a repeat but it's hard to read all the messages that are out there. I know Ed fans will hate me for this but here goes...

Ed left the episode after Tanner mentioned a girlfriend. Everyone assumed it was Wes. Ed returned after Tanner left. So what if Ed really was the one with a girlfriend and was then safe after Tanner left? Did Tanner ever say that it was Wes in exact words. I can't remember. He may have said girlfriend and then it would scan the screen to Wes but I can't remember if he specifically said it was Wes.

So what if at the FRC, Ed admits he does have a girlfriend and that's Jillian saying "the things he said were hard to hear."

They can't have Wes at the MTA because he would deny having a gf and it hasn't been announced yet that Ed does at the FRC.

Is there any possibility?

10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come down to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.
    Sounds terrific to me, JBF. I wonder if part of the conversation on the bench was Reid's shock at her letting him go and Jillian dropping not so subtle hints that the FRC wasn't for almost a week. The only thing I can't figure about this scenario is how meeting Jillian's family would come in.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Oh no! Again? Didn't we hear that one time too many already? She was indeed testing him during FD with the pastor in the helicopter, telling him it's the last date and time was up when she presented the "weird card". Did anyone else think he seemed upset(don't know if that is the right word, maybe hurt is appropriate) when he said she turned down the FS card once before and he was scared.

Train guy told him if she was the one he'd never forget her and he'd regret if he didn't tell her how he felt and his Dad said take the chance and risk it all bec' great things happen when you do. Brother Brett saying whether he commits in the end is the question Jillian was right there, so she knows it's not going to be easy to get Reid to get out of his comfort zone completely. What bigger way to shock him into action than to send him away without a rose. She knew that giving a rose to Ed would light a fire under him and sure enough he took the bait when he spoke about Ed's quitting and returning.

While Jillian is busy with the other two guys, he is going to annoy the PTB to give him another chance with Jillian (something he does well with asking lots of questions acc' to the guys in the house), if they didn't already ask him to go back to her and try again. Even if he was stalling on it bec' hes' scared the imminent arrival of the FRC will force him into action.

I am more curious to see what he has to say to her when he finally sees her again. We have never had the star and a guy with such a connection come back for another chance before. Will he be very serious, or will he use some of his humor to ease into the convo? Will be just connect with her the way he did since his 1-1 date. That will be fascinating to watch.