Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ncognitohere;3586878;
    I think you are right but to go even further I think that until Jillian learns to value herself she shouldn't be choosing anyone. She has spent far too much time debating/questioning whether or not she is good enough for these men and that shouldn't be happening. I don't care what she says the Jason thing clearly did a number on her because she was much more sure of herself back then than she is now. I hope this season doesn't end in an engagement because it just truly seems that she is chasing the ring not the husband....that won't be pretty some where down the line.
    I am hoping beyond hope that she regains who she was when we first met her towards the end and in the last ep says "screw it" to the engagement and proposal and the whole deal and instead decides she made a mistake in letting Reid go. We get a tearful confessional that she doesn't need a ring as much as she wants a partner and goes after Reid. At least in my ideal world but I truly hope in the end, TPTB don't throw her under the bus like her predecessors starting with Brad. She seems to be cooperating and doing everything they ask so I would hope her edit in the end is flawless. Please?

As far as her on Jason's season, I agree I never saw her this insecure as we are seeing now. It did shake her confidence and she became all flirty and cute instead of the strong, opinionated girl we saw with Jason. I hope she finds her again because there are men out there who will love her for herself.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3586903;
    That pretty much describes a certain of the F2
    Yes it does!
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3586903;
    That pretty much describes a certain of the F2
    Well you never know...maybe the boom operator had something sparkly dangling from the mic---oooh, look a butterfly---could be very distracting.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3586906;
    That is good news for Kip fans -- or maybe just Reid fans. If they show the guy looking visibly upset it means they want us to think he's sad because he was cut. But in reality he was just tearing up out of emotion on the way to the FRC.

It could be good news for Reid fans, it might be pointing to Yes for Reid and No for Kip and No for Ed.

Bottom line: Kip crying is not pointing to Ed.
    I seem to remember them showing Jesse and Jason crying in the limo in the FRC previews. Everyone was trying to figure which one was heading to the FRC and which one was leaving.

That is good news for Kip fans -- or maybe just Reid fans. If they show the guy looking visibly upset it means they want us to think he's sad because he was cut. But in reality he was just tearing up out of emotion on the way to the FRC.

It could be good news for Reid fans, it might be pointing to Yes for Reid and No for Kip and No for Ed.

I don't think Kip crying is pointing to anything...
    could be Kip happy, Kip sad, etc etc... I really wish they would give us more to work with!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3586790;
    I think that despite her clamoring for a ring now and being a little desperate and needy, she still is the same girl as she was on Jason's season- fun, funny, and looking for adventure. I don't see her not moving to Philly if she chose Reid. She's said that she wants to move, and if anything, it would be a great adventure for her. (I think) Reid is the type of emotionally giving partner who would give her a lot of support and comfort while she was trying to make her own friends and build her career up in Philly. Plus his family seems very close and tight knit so she'd already have a built in network with his sisters in law. Lol wow, I think I've thought about this more in-depthly than Jill.
    I hope you are right. After really watching her & Reid together I have began to pull for them but I don't see "happily ever after" here. Jilly seems to have a lot of self-esteem issues that need to be put behind her and Reid needs so much prodding for him to put his feelings out there that I can't see him constantly feeding her need for reassurance. Both issues could be a direct result of the show and its format (thus put behind them once they enter the real world) but I wouldn't stake much on that.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

According to the previews they plan to recycle more of Wes diary of the departed at us for MTA. I can only imagine what that will be like. Drinking, driving in circles for hours with AC turned off; I'm sure that Wes provided Martin with lots to chop, cut and paste edit - so disgusting! I really wish the head honcho's at ABC would NOT RENEW this show again. There is little to no reality here! I plan to skip most of it until the end of the show where I hope we will get some decent previews. Although, I could catch the previews later that Dreamer will have - so actually I don't have to watch any of it. Hmmmmm.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3586928;
    According to the previews they plan to recycle more of Wes diary of the departed at us for MTA. I can only imagine what that will be like. Drinking, driving in circles for hours with AC turned off; I'm sure that Wes provided Martin with lots to chop, cut and paste edit - so disgusting! I really wish the head honcho's at ABC would NOT RENEW this show again. There is little to no reality here! I plan to skip most of it until the end of the show where I hope we will get some decent previews. Although, I could catch the previews later that Dreamer will have - so actually I don't have to watch any of it. Hmmmmm.
    Oh no! As much as I don't like Wes, he doesn't need to be put on the chopping block anymore I ALMOST feel bad for the guy. Almost.
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Kip could be crying for any reason ranging from sadness to exhaustion to emotional overload, to frustration that they've been driving him around in the limo for 8 hours and he just wants to go home. They showed both Jason and Jesse crying in the limo in the preview for Deanna's FRC---the viewers assumed Jesse was crying because of rejection and Jason was crying because he's such an emotional guy....but it was really that Jason was crying because of rejection and Jesse was crying because he was freaking out pre-proposal. Or maybe the camera guy was pulling out the guys' leg hairs one by one. I don't know.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by ncognitohere;3586926;
    I hope you are right. After really watching her & Reid together I have began to pull for them but I don't see "happily ever after" here. Jilly seems to have a lot of self-esteem issues that need to be put behind her and Reid needs so much prodding for him to put his feelings out there that I can't see him constantly feeding her need for reassurance. Both issues could be a direct result of the show and its format (thus put behind them once they enter the real world) but I wouldn't stake much on that.
    I think that's why she says she needs a strong man to put her in her place and take care of her. She probably realizes that she needs a lot of constant reassurance and affection and it seems that she's experienced that before only with strong, decisive guys. I agree that it's hard to see a happily ever after here, especially since she already let him go once, but I'm hoping that they can somehow work it out- haha hopeless romantic here. I think that if Jill feels secure with her partner, knowing he's completely there for her, she will have more self confidence in herself and will be able to regain some of the person she was before this whole crazy Bach/B'ette world engulfed her and started eating her alive. At the same time, I think she does like helping Reid make his own decisions and giving him nudges in the right direction. They both have their own problems but I really think that each one's brand of problems can be nicely complemented by the other one's strengths. At least, I want to believe it because on my screen, I have never seen any other couple like them but Meredith and Ian and Trista and Ryan.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City