Page 20 of 939 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I totally agree that the camera was in that room with Ed and Jillian way too long. So, something was going on. It was probably MF's idea...Cuz it was strange that Jillian would even talk about it on tv.. It was a rather stupid plot, but the
    promos the week before probably got people watching that night..

More support of the theory that she chooses Reid:

"I think the viewers know me by now, they know that I've got a big heart and that I want to find love, and that I have a big energy, and that I'm attracted to different types of people, and in the end, if I do choose somebody, it's going to be somebody who treats me with 100% respect, that loves me, that is my best friend, and I am not going to settle for anything less."

- Jillian's interview at BT Vancouver, June 11, 2009
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3580239;
    He does. And Reid looks great too. I'd say both of these men look healthier, happier, and more handsome in recent photos than they did on the show.

Ed... not so much.
    If the smoking pic of Ed was recent I agree that he's not looking too good as of late. He looks heavier and paler than usual. The smoking isn't my thing but my guess is Jill knows and was okay with it.

Reid and Kip look very healthy and even hotter than they did on show. It was nice to see them looking so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3580288;
    I totally agree that the camera was in that room with Ed and Jillian way too long. So, something was going on. It was probably MF's idea...Cuz it was strange that Jillian would even talk about it on tv.. It was a rather stupid plot, but the
    promos the week before probably got people watching that night..
    This is a wild thought but maybe someone dropped her a hint about the girlfriend and she wanted to see if he would sleep with her on national tv with a supposed girlfriend at home.
    Obviously, he opted out.
    Only thing is, if that was it, why did she keep him?
    Although, she did keep Wes at least one episode past his expiration date.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3580281;
    Where is this interview.. and why would she do this to herself?? The plot thickens.

I don't thing she did herself any favors doing this, staged or not.
    Jill aside I don't see Ed agreeing to this. No guy would.

Producers:

"Hey Ed mind if we make you look impotent on tv?"

Ed:

"Sure no prob. For extra impact let's have Jill practically naked and straddling me."

Jill:

"Sure I'd be happy to look like a F2 guy has as much sexual interest in me as he does an orange." lol Didn't happen.

Just so I really look bipolar...I just suggested Jillian might have thrown Ed under the bus, and now I present an exert from Chris Harrison's blog from the week Ed left.
    Interesting to note that he said when Jillian makes her mind up, that's it. Doesn't sound like she would reconsider someone she already rejected.

It was also on the group date that Jillian first heard there was a chance Ed might be leaving due to his job. I'll be honest, once Ed told Jillian he was leaving that's about all I remember because it was such a blow to her. Anyone who thinks there's any acting going on should have looked into Jillian's eyes that day Ed left. I also saw and talked to Ed that day. He felt horrible and was in an impossible situation. Either way, he was going to let somebody down. I know we'd all like to think we would choose a shot at love over our jobs, be the romantic, but for a young man like Ed who has such a promising career I do understand why he chose to leave.

The rose ceremony felt a little weird because of all this. Jillian looked amazing and was all dressed up but there was no cocktail party and she knew exactly what she wanted to do that night. Somebody mentioned in the comments that Jillian reminds them of Trista. I agree and have said this myself in a few interviews. They are both incredibly strong women and when their mind is made up that's it. Once Jilli walked out of deliberation she decided to put Ed behind her and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3579588;
    I agree Kiptyn is doing just fine. It's the edit I am wondering about. How will it come down?
    I think Kip's edit will be gentle - TPTB have other people to slam, but not Kip, especially if he really is a consideration for The Bachelor. I think he will handle his exit with grace, although I'm sure he will be appear somewhat heartbroken so it begins his storyline "First time to have his heart broken".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3579874;
    I agree, there really wouldn't be much purpose in having him come back just to repeat he likes her this much.
    The question is - does it make a difference? I hope so!
    Let's go back to the VO

Then this guy that was the hardest to let go (Reid), comes to my door and wants to sweep me off my feet. Coming to telling her he likes her a lot, that he can seeing things going further doesn't add up to "sweeping off my feet." It indicates the guy is ready to make a big move. Reid knows he has no more time to muck around. If it's the day of the FRC, he knows that Ed or Kip could propose to her and she could accept at which point the door could close. He had to make a move. Remember their chat at the dinner on FD, she asks about whether he would be ready to propose he told her she was putting on the pressure and said "Maybe", "Possibly". Well "maybe" and "possibly" would have changed in a hurry on day of FRC to "certainly" and "definitely".

I keep going back to the PI and VOs of her saying she was on the same level as Reid, he was like no other guy there, she felt like herself with Reid, she was head over heels for Reid, he was everything she was looking for in a future fiance and husband. With this edit do we really believe she is going to choose the other guys?

Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=bluegardenia989;3580177;]I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?

Not sure if I believe that...where is this interview? I don't think she'd be that candid in an interview to say that this particular bachelor was secure in his masculinity to do this and that. If so, then everyone would have been prepare for it and wouldn't have made such a big deal about it the next day.

But...if someone finds the interview, then I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3580284;
    You noticed he even mentioned Ed in the extended abc.com "diary"? Oh, he got the hint alright...

I have to agree with the growing theory that this is something done by both Jillian and the producers:
    1.) She wants to be 100% positive Reid will commit. This is her way of speeding up the process.
    2.) Being a F3 reject herself, the concept of a second chance is a great novelty viewers don't expect. It will floor them if it works as planned.
    3.) It all adds to the unexpected suspense. Non-sleuthers who don't read this forum will debate Ed vs. Kiptyn, not realizing she could select somebody else.
    4.) In order for it to work, he has to decide for himself. He already had all of his advice (train attendant, father's "head over heels" speech, Jillian's "fire under the butt" comment, "hint" with the helicopter minister). Time to stop analyzing and make a decision.
    5.) This will be billed his Leap Of Faith. Ed and Kiptyn had literal ones with skylining dates. His is an emotional one.
    6.) The theme of the season is "They say, they say love don't come easy..." (Oh yeah, I'm gonna get my Wes CD ready to play for the finale!) For somebody who has been hurt before and been only in love "just" one and a half times, he will need to feel some heartbreak in order to be sure he's "in love".
    7.) She's been testing him periodically. This is his final one. She wants a man to stand by her when times are tough.
    8.) If it doesn't work, she may pull a "Jen/Brad". However, thrusting Reid into the limo roseless and his knowing that she's with two guys she may be less happy with will certainly force him to take action.
    9.) Prior to doing this, she already gained a good perspective on him from his family (that she did not seek for with the other hometown dates).
    10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come down to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.
    Great analysis!

Also, because Reid is a Taurus he likes to give careful consideration to decisions, and he doesn't like being controlled, so this will put him in the driver's seat.