Page 2 of 939 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Jillian has said in her own words that she needed to hear the words from Reid and when she didn't she had to let him go. That doesn't say anything about how she was feeling about him in terms of how much she did or didn't love him. She's trying to approach this logically and when she didn't get the reassurance she wanted she cut him. That doesn't mean that she liked him less than she liked the other two IMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3579131;
    Jillian has said in her own words that she needed to hear the words from Reid and when she didn't she had to let him go. That doesn't say anything about how she was feeling about him in terms of how much she did or didn't love him. She's trying to approach this logically and when she didn't get the reassurance she wanted she cut him. That doesn't mean that she liked him less than she liked the other two IMO.
    ITA - seems in other seasons they've always said "I just had to follow my heart, and I felt more strongly about the others". She isn't saying anything like that at all. In fact she says she put up a wall which led to her letting Reid go. If he comes back and says what she needs to hear, I think he'll tear that wall down and she'll keep him!

What I don't understand is that Kip hasn't given her anymore promise of a commitment than Reid did and she kept him. Either because she liked him more or because he was already set up to be the F2; therefore, becoming the next bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3579159;
    What I don't understand is that Kip hasn't given her anymore promise of a commitment than Reid did and she kept him. Either because she liked him more or because he was already set up to be the F2; therefore, becoming the next bachelor.
    I think verbally Kip did give her more. At their dinner date he said he could see his future with her and to trust him, or something to that effect. Reid, unfortunately, gave her a bunch of "maybes" and "feelings developing...too fast..."

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3579149;
    ITA - seems in other seasons they've always said "I just had to follow my heart, and I felt more strongly about the others". She isn't saying anything like that at all. In fact she says she put up a wall which led to her letting Reid go. If he comes back and says what she needs to hear, I think he'll tear that wall down and she'll keep him!
    I agree that this is the set up for Reid coming back. She said she didn't get what she needed from Reid, specified exactly what that was, and he has the option of doing it or not. IF he does come back and proclaim his love how does that make Jillian look if she doesn't grab him? imo, It makes her to appear to be a hypocrite. In the limo Reid was VERY clear that he thought it was his fault and what he thought he should have done.
    Again, I agree, it COULD be very telling that she didn't say that she cared about other more. That really leaves the door open.

FORT Fogey

" I wonder if Jillian has got the heart to break up with anyone" Brad said this to Reid when Ed moves into the house. Could this be a foreshadowing for his return in the finale?

The fact they kept him away from MTA strongly indicates he has a role to play in the finale and his appearance in ATFRC.

The 10 reasons why Reid comes back and it's possible f3 becomes f1 scenario sounds plausible for a few simple reasons.

1. Walking out of the RC he chokes up when he asks her "Hope you made the right move, she is confused
    2, He tells her he is not sure if she is completely sure and she agrees (again, she's confused and he knows it
    3. Reid says when sitting on the bench they stared at each other and there was still that connection, didn't think it was over. He is the other half of that equation so he must know.
    5. If he could reverse things he would.
    6. He is not sure it is over between them completely YET. Biggest hint he is planning a comeback to get her back.
    7. Admits it was all his fault, he screwed himself by not telling her how he feels
    8. He is falling in love with her and she doesn't even know that (reason for him to go back to tell her)
    9. If Ed could leave and come back, so could he bec' he was there the whole time, just didn't open up sooner and give her what she needed
    10. He needs to tell her what she needs to hear about his feeling, isn't sure if it will make a difference (another incentive to give it a try)

Any thoughts? Gosh! I'm so confused

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3579159;
    She didn't badger Kip for more info either, which to me indicates that Reid is the one she really wanted to hear it from. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3579131;
    You just don't let someone go that you really want,especially on a "speed" dating show like this.It is all about staying until the end to see what connection is really formed "by the end". She could have waited ,let him meet her parents, and still cut him at the FRC had she really wanted to keep him and really wanted to give him more time.I think we will see in the finale that it wasn't there with Reid as much as it was with the other two.I think he will come back and tell her all he couldn't say earlier,but that it still will not change her decision.
    Just my thoughts on it...
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-16-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3579002;
    You really think Jillian thinks Kip is a safe choice? She has been mentioning more than once that she is afraid that he will break her heart. I don't see how he is a safe choice since she seems to be afraid that if she picks him, he will will either dump her or reject her. JMO.
    Hasn't there been every season one who the bach/ette had as a heart breaker......I really think that is just a cliche line.

I have no idea what happened, but most accept that Reid will be making a comeback--he may be rejected, but he's coming back. So following this train of thought. What would have to happen to manipulate us?
    1. Reid would have to repent and declare his love-to be shown deserving of our acceptance
    2. Kip, the likeable guy would have to be F2 so that he wouldn't be the much beloved "Melissa" of this season.
    3.The "Melissa" aka Ed of this season would have to be edited to be rendered less than totally beloved to the masses.
    If all three of these are achieved it would pave the way for Reid to break the rules and become F1.imo

Ed's latest edit is imo definitely pointing in this direction, so all three of the above are achievable.
    Who knows though, I sure don't. lol