Page 19 of 939 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3580198;
    I wonder if she has the same stylist deanna did. Because I thought D's wardrobe was atrocious (at least for the supposed "star" of a television show) but I have loved Loved LOVED everything Jillian's worn.
    Money doesn't buy taste.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3580221;
    Perhaps that's the case but Kip looks 10X more gorgeous in the recent photos than on the show. He's happy about something.
    Wouldn't you be happy if you had 20-25 girls wanting to meet you?
    Last edited by BritLit; 07-16-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3580221;
    Perhaps that's the case but Kip looks 10X more gorgeous in the recent photos than on the show. He's happy about something.
    He does. And Reid looks great too. I'd say both of these men look healthier, happier, and more handsome in recent photos than they did on the show.

Ed... not so much.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3580111;
    I don't remember the 1st show. Was that dress cut like & styled like a wedding gown too? & was it floor length?
    I wish I had taped it to look.

This final one really jumped out at me as Wedding Gown as soon as I saw it. All that's missing is the veil.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. My first post in the spoiler forum was to say the same thing when the finale previews came out- her dress looks super bridal gownish to me. (And I also half joked that Reid would be showing up with the pilot/minister.)

Wasn't there an interview with the stylist which specifically mentioned the gown for the FRC, something about he or she wondering what the audience will think when they see it...

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3580208;
    Well, she was dressed for the occasion-- the girl wanted to get it the heck on. I'm not going to pass judgment on her for that. My only problem is WTH were the cameras doing there?

I don't think her complaint was that she "didn't get any action." What threw her for a loop was the fact that passionate feelings were not felt, when they should have been. This made her doubt her "connection" to Ed, hence the reason she had to pull him aside at the RC.

This is where my comments about her neediness and insecurities come in. You can't even give the guy a break when in Spain you are saying you have good chemistry. That was an awfully long date. We didn't even see them grab a bite to eat or something. She always has some needs that the guys are not meeting. What about what she can offer for a change? Her insecurities are just bottomless!

The last thing she needs from this experience is an engagement IMO!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3579892;
    IA, I just don't like that at all. Even for the come back guy, its just an awful situation to be put in, what is Jillian suppose to do? 1. Oh great, I'll tell the remaining two to fly a kite...2. Reject him, and tell him what? I let you go at F3 or F6 or whoever comes back, you're going to make me tell you why I didn't pick you again? Its awful, mind games is what it is. MF thinks we want to see drama by using insulting and embarassing tactics, I don't.
    I don't think he, MF, cares what any of us think of his editing and story lines. He only cares that we watch and we do, faithfully, no matter how crass, tasteless, or ridiculous. We simply can't make comparisons or use analogies or try to make sense of something that is beyond reality. What difference that people come and go, profess love which they don't really feel or breakup before the last episode is in the can? We DO want drama or we wouldn't watch and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegardenia989;3580177;
    I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?
    This is the first I've heard of that interview, but it does make sense to me. There was something about that whole bit that sat odd with me. Most FS dates are like the other 2 guys' dates. They do the "wow, what a great room" bit, maybe lie on the bed fully clothed, get kissy-faced & fade to black.
    This time it was a bit too extensive. Thewhole slip into something more comfortable thing, with her coming out in that very revealing whatever it was, just seemed like they (the production people) were trying to prove something. They showed waaaay more than I've ever seen before on these dates. The kind of stuff that you would think should remain private.
    It was like the beginning of a Bachelorette sex video.

A set up wouldn't surprise me at all. Especially with what we already know about editing/production manipulation this year.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3580208;
    Well, she was dressed for the occasion-- the girl wanted to get it the heck on. I'm not going to pass judgment on her for that. My only problem is WTH were the cameras doing there?

I don't think her complaint was that she "didn't get any action." What threw her for a loop was the fact that passionate feelings were not felt, when they should have been. This made her doubt her "connection" to Ed, hence the reason she had to pull him aside at the RC.
    I find the whole thing odd given the way that she lit into that guy from TV Guide during the pre-season conf call on May 11th(?) about her sex life basically being her own business. Yet, a mere week or so later, she allows them to film her and Ed getting it on in the fantasy suite.

Something tells me that during the upcoming conf call on Wednesday they will put her in the hot seat about her change of heart.

Originally Posted by bluegardenia989
    I think Ed's 'failure to launch' scene was scripted. I seem to recall an interview that Jill did early on where she said that, toward the end, she "participated in a deception' with one bachelor, but that the bachelor was confident in his masculinity & he agreed to do it. When I saw this scene play out on monday night, I immediately thought of that interview. If it wasn't scripted, why would cameramen be camping outside their door waiting for Jill's signal? Both Kiptyn & Reid just closed the doors to their Fantasy suites on Jill's dates with them & we weren't shown anything... does anyone else remember that interview?
    Where is this interview.. and why would she do this to herself?? The plot thickens.

I don't thing she did herself any favors doing this, staged or not.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3579179;
    " I wonder if Jillian has got the heart to break up with anyone" Brad said this to Reid when Ed moves into the house. Could this be a foreshadowing for his return in the finale?

The fact they kept him away from MTA strongly indicates he has a role to play in the finale and his appearance in ATFRC.

The 10 reasons why Reid comes back and it's possible f3 becomes f1 scenario sounds plausible for a few simple reasons.

1. Walking out of the RC he chokes up when he asks her "Hope you made the right move, she is confused
    2, He tells her he is not sure if she is completely sure and she agrees (again, she's confused and he knows it
    3. Reid says when sitting on the bench they stared at each other and there was still that connection, didn't think it was over. He is the other half of that equation so he must know.
    5. If he could reverse things he would.
    6. He is not sure it is over between them completely YET. Biggest hint he is planning a comeback to get her back.
    7. Admits it was all his fault, he screwed himself by not telling her how he feels
    8. He is falling in love with her and she doesn't even know that (reason for him to go back to tell her)
    9. If Ed could leave and come back, so could he bec' he was there the whole time, just didn't open up sooner and give her what she needed
    10. He needs to tell her what she needs to hear about his feeling, isn't sure if it will make a difference (another incentive to give it a try)

Any thoughts? Gosh! I'm so confused
    You noticed he even mentioned Ed in the extended abc.com "diary"? Oh, he got the hint alright...

I have to agree with the growing theory that this is something done by both Jillian and the producers:
    1.) She wants to be 100% positive Reid will commit. This is her way of speeding up the process.
    2.) Being a F3 reject herself, the concept of a second chance is a great novelty viewers don't expect. It will floor them if it works as planned.
    3.) It all adds to the unexpected suspense. Non-sleuthers who don't read this forum will debate Ed vs. Kiptyn, not realizing she could select somebody else.
    4.) In order for it to work, he has to decide for himself. He already had all of his advice (train attendant, father's "head over heels" speech, Jillian's "fire under the butt" comment, "hint" with the helicopter minister). Time to stop analyzing and make a decision.
    5.) This will be billed his Leap Of Faith. Ed and Kiptyn had literal ones with skylining dates. His is an emotional one.
    6.) The theme of the season is "They say, they say love don't come easy..." (Oh yeah, I'm gonna get my Wes CD ready to play for the finale!) For somebody who has been hurt before and been only in love "just" one and a half times, he will need to feel some heartbreak in order to be sure he's "in love".
    7.) She's been testing him periodically. This is his final one. She wants a man to stand by her when times are tough.
    8.) If it doesn't work, she may pull a "Jen/Brad". However, thrusting Reid into the limo roseless and his knowing that she's with two guys she may be less happy with will certainly force him to take action.
    9.) Prior to doing this, she already gained a good perspective on him from his family (that she did not seek for with the other hometown dates).
    10.) Brother Brett may have already delivered The Final Five Minutes with this quote: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end. That's what it will come down to."

As neurotic as I am and as much as I second guess things, I'm confident about my relationship with Jillian and, if I didn't have that, I'd have nothing.