Page 14 of 939 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3579367;
    To be honest, I do think she would settle because she's desperate for the ring and must get engaged before the end or else. I'm just hoping Reid got there in time to intercept any ridiculousness she was planning on.
    Or else what? Just curious on what your thoughts are. I don't think Jillian would settle for anything. She's 30 yrs old, if she chooses no one, IMO she would be happy with that because she "would be in the same place that she was when she started"........

The chooses no one theory was not a common one until Brad came along. Correct me if I'm wrong. Poor Brad, what a roasting over the coals he got for that. That was IMO an example of the Bach/Bach'ette must choose the fan favorite or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3579728;
    The problem is you have to look at each sentence separately, and they may or may not be related.
    She says..
    HE got down on his knees to propose...but she doesn't say who.
    when you actually listen to it, the intonations really make it sound like the propose part goes with the guy coming back part.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3579795;
    OH, I hope Kip doesn't propose; let the man leave in dignity. I agree with you. If TPTB wants him to be the next Bachelor, and if Jillian uses the "perfect" excuse to let him go, I am sure he will still have a good edit. However, they will definitely make him heartbroken I am resigned that he's F2, but I don't want to feel too sad for him.
    (I had to go back to the non-spoiler thread to remind myself he seems happy in those post-show photos).
    He would have to be heartbroken to be the next Bach. His whole SL has been that he never had his heart broken.....so let her be the one to do it. Plus, the ladies like TB to be heartbroken!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3579828;
    when you actually listen to it, the intonations really make it sound like the propose part goes with the guy coming back part.
    IA! With that said, I still cannot see Reid proposing.

I agree. I thought that as well. Either they go together or it's a really good slice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3579532;

Why even put that in there? Let's ponder that for a while.

Say Ed is chosen as F1, Reid drama aside. Since the FRC things have fallen apart between Jillian and Ed (gfs or whatever). Ed is balking at showing up at the ATFR. We know from sdl that he gave production fits and was very demanding and difficult to work with. We know that they are still editing the finale. So, they air this very embarrassing footage of his FD (which was completely edited to be embarrassing, it was not at all what was insinuated on Monday night).

How do they get Ed to show up and play nice for the ATFR (which I assume is taped prior to airing of the FRC, to allow editing time)? The threat of even worse edit manipulation in the finale would be one possibility.

Don't know if any of this even holds water, but it's as likely as anything else I've read.
    I am wondering the same thing: why put it there?
    Not only did it humiliate Ed, it also made Jillian look bad; and she's the one who also made out with Jason in the hot tub last season.
    I can understand that maybe TPTB did not like Ed, so that's why he, the supposed "F1" got a bad edit. But how about Jillian? I thought Chris likes her.
    Like Bloomers has taught us that if you look the edit, you can get the feeling if the couple will make it or not. Unfortunately, from the editing, I don't think any of the relationship will be long-lasting, IMO, of course.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3579795;
    OH, I hope Kip doesn't propose; let the man leave in dignity. I agree with you. If TPTB wants him to be the next Bachelor, and if Jillian uses the "perfect" excuse to let him go, I am sure he will still have a good edit. However, they will definitely make him heartbroken I am resigned that he's F2, but I don't want to feel too sad for him.
    (I had to go back to the non-spoiler thread to remind myself he seems happy in those post-show photos).
    Hi SDMOM,

Didn't Jeremy state somewhere here that the Bachelors (F1 and F2) are to keep a smile especially in public even when they are not ?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3579847;
    I am wondering the same thing: why put it there?
    Not only did it humiliate Ed, it also made Jillian look bad; and she's the one who also made out with Jason in the hot tub last season.
    I can understand that maybe TPTB did not like Ed, so that's why he, the supposed "F1" got a bad edit. But how about Jillian? I thought Chris likes her.
    Like Bloomers has taught us that if you look the edit, you can get the feeling if the couple will make it or not. Unfortunately, from the editing, I don't think any of the relationship will be long-lasting, IMO, of course.
    Someone said she will make all women proud at the FRC, so I am guessing she will give Ed a piece of her mind and redeem herself from her previous edit with him.

I agree, there really wouldn't be much purpose in having him come back just to repeat he likes her this much.
    The question is - does it make a difference? I hope so!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3579874;
    I agree, there really wouldn't be much purpose in having him come back just to repeat he likes her this much.
    The question is - does it make a difference? I hope so!
    It had better.:nono